Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I also feel like Benson is the type of player that is more of a complimentary player than the focal piece of a line.

He doesnt have anyone to play with in Bakersfield for forwards that thinks the game at the level he does.

Especially since Marody has been injured and a shadow of himself when he has played.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Bouchard continues to rack up the points, and is having himself a very good offensive season (2nd in rookie Dman scoring, and the leader is 24 years old). His -10 seems to have been mostly from the first half of the season. I don't watch the games, so can anybody tell me whether he has been passing the eye test for defensive gaffes? Is he making smart decisions with the puck in the defensive zone? Things like that which you can't see from the stat sheet.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Looks like Malone has played his last nHL game. Went from NHL contract to AHL one. Nice to have him in Bakersfield.

I think part of it is the OIlers management have realized that they signed too many AHLERS to NHL contracts, and they want to have wiggle room, My guess is that Oilers upped his AHL salary to off set it and said that if there is room during next season he would be signed to an NHL contract if need calls for it

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Am I the only one who thinks, with Berglund staying in Sweden one more year, Bouchard will be kept in Bakersfield unless injury occurs. If Bouchard moved up Berglund would easily be 1RD there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks, with Berglund staying in Sweden one more year, Bouchard will be kept in Bakersfield unless injury occurs. If Bouchard moved up Berglund would easily be 1RD there.
Berglund staying in Sweden has absolutely nothing to do with bouchard playing for the oilers or the condors.

two completely independent decisions.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Do The Oilers resign Starrett. He will be a group 6 UFA so he could go anywhere. Staying with the Oilers is likely smart for him but who knows.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Do The Oilers resign Starrett. He will be a group 6 UFA so he could go anywhere. Staying with the Oilers is likely smart for him but who knows.

The goaltending situation on the farm is going to be interesting. Do they re-sign Starrett to split time with Skinner and then have Rodrigue and Wells in the ECHL?

My gut feeling is Starrett signs somewhere else and they focus on Skinner and Rodrigue getting as many starts as possible in the AHL/ECHL.

Reactions: slim2001

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don’t think they’ll re-sign Starett. With how they handled the goalies this year it’s apparent that they want to give Skinner the bulk of the work to give him the best opportunity to develop, and they’ve got Rodrigue turning pro as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don’t think they’ll re-sign Starett. With how they handled the goalies this year it’s apparent that they want to give Skinner the bulk of the work to give him the best opportunity to develop, and they’ve got Rodrigue turning pro as well.

IMO you don't pencil Rodrigue into an AHL role. If we are going with Skinner we need a veteran to be there in case he hits the skids.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
IMO you don't pencil Rodrigue into an AHL role. If we are going with Skinner we need a veteran to be there in case he hits the skids.

Wells is still under contract next season. He wasn't great last year, but none of the goalies really were behind that team. I'd guess he'd be backing up Skinner and they hope both guys improve with a hopefully improved team in front of them.

That leaves the bulk of the load in Wichita(ECHL) for Rodrigue.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wells is still under contract next season. He wasn't great last year, but none of the goalies really were behind that team. I'd guess he'd be backing up Skinner and they hope both guys improve with a hopefully improved team in front of them.

That leaves the bulk of the load in Wichita(ECHL) for Rodrigue.

Wells was bad enough that I wouldn't trust him to be our 1B in Bako.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Wells was bad enough that I wouldn't trust him to be our 1B in Bako.
Statistically Wells was roughly the same as Starett last year. It’s possible that Starett’s injury played into that, but he definitely wasn’t the same guy last year that he was two years ago. With the way they handled the goaltending last year I think there’s a fair chance that Starett decides to move on himself, the org rode Skinner so Starett might not see the opportunity here anymore.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Statistically Wells was roughly the same as Starett last year. It’s possible that Starett’s injury played into that, but he definitely wasn’t the same guy last year that he was two years ago. With the way they handled the goaltending last year I think there’s a fair chance that Starett decides to move on himself, the org rode Skinner so Starett might not see the opportunity here anymore.

Starrett's injuries definitely set him back. Unless his confidence is shot or his injuries will continue to hamper him, I don't see how he's not better than Wells next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->