Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
In an interview with Keith Gretzy during the 1st intermission at Anaheim, he said that the prospects in Bakersfield know that they are down there for the year unless something happens.

Unlikely we see a Benson, Yamamoto, or Marody call-up in the near future.

makes Tambolland decision to stand oat even worse imo

you know there is no help coming from farm yet you do not make even one move for a forward with skill??? Dumb

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
i agree when he stops acting like Tambelllini sitting on his hands I will stop

I do not want to have to call him thdt but he deserves it so far

If you’re comparing Holland to Tambellini, you’re probably unfamiliar with both of them.

Holland has made one trade since he got here, which is likely still ahead of his average career pace. If you were expecting trades, you don’t know Holland.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
makes Tambolland decision to stand oat even worse imo

you know there is no help coming from farm yet you do not make even one move for a forward with skill??? Dumb
If you want to call NHL general managers dumb, you might want to start with proper grammar and spelling.

Reactions: TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He got rid of Lucic for a guy who has 12 goals already. Get out of here with that Tambo stuff.
Even his bottom 6 additions are serving a PK purpose even though the offense isn't there.

Anyway, I don't see why it's a bad thing if the prospects spend the entire year down there. The patient approach is prudent. No need to rush any of these guys.

Last edited:

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
They are 12-5-2. Sitting 1st in Division, 2nd in the Conference. The only one who needs to get called out is you at this point.

it is not sustainable we have no depth outside 3.5 guys (4 when Nuge puts his big boy pants a on) and the depth Tambolland brought in is only good on the PK

no one should think this is a shoe in playoff team right now we are less 20 games in and holes are obvious but Tambollsnd cant seem them for some reason

we will miss if he does not add a second line wing at least mark my words

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Anyway, I don't see why it's a bad thing if the prospects spend the entire year down there. The patient approach is prudent. No need to rush any of these guys.

dont think its bad either just makes choice to not get more nhl depth even worse is all I vs so saying I had hoped maybe the plan was to see who was doing good on the farm and promote within but it sounds like thst was never in mind so it is even dumber not to make trades

anyway do not want to derail this thread more but this is where the comment was posted so thought to comment here

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I think most of us can agree from a perfunctory glance at our prospect system and NHL depth that acquiring a bonafide reliable 2nd line scoring forward would strengthen us now and forever. It’s worth shuffling a few deck chairs and rattling a few filing cabinets for. We are not that far from balance. I hope there is a good fit out there.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

What a dumb post. We're sitting in first place in our division now, with Nygaard and Larsson coming back soon. We moved a non-producing albatross of a contract for a functioning player who is contributing. We've added a secondary goalie, who has not only been great, but helped to stabilize the other goalie. We've brought up and are playing the RIGHT kid, who has shown he really IS ready for the show. The kids still down there have shown they clearly are not ready to take the next step, and we finally have a GM that isn't an idiot, moving them around like chess pieces like the dumb dumb before him. Holland is doing exactly what the guys before him should have done.

And lastly, it's November 11th. There is still plenty of time to make trades later this year, as needed.
Relax.

Last edited:

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think most of us can agree from a perfunctory glance at our prospect system and NHL depth that acquiring a bonafide reliable 2nd line scoring forward would strengthen us now and forever. It’s worth shuffling a few deck chairs and rattling a few filing cabinets for. We are not that far from balance. I hope there is a good fit out there.

I feel like what's going to happen is we trade one of our extra young, top 4 D for a bonafide top 6 forward... but it won't be for at least another couple seasons.

It would take Jones, Lagesson, Broberg, or Samorukov spiking their value and/or making one of Klefbomb/Nurse expendable.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I feel like what's going to happen is we trade one of our extra young, top 4 D for a bonafide top 6 forward... but it won't be for at least another couple seasons.

It would take Jones, Lagesson, Broberg, or Samorukov spiking their value and/or making one of Klefbomb/Nurse expendable.

It won't be "for at least another couple of season" since Jones and Lagesson need waivers next season. I bet we trade away one D or maybe just Russell. Then we assume Jones/Lagesson can take that slot and if both exceed expectations we trade the lesser of the two.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Nurse isn't going anywhere. He's taken a huge leap this year and his chemistry with Bear is not something to be taken for granted. He is going to be a pillar on this team for a long time.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
It won't be "for at least another couple of season" since Jones and Lagesson need waivers next season. I bet we trade away one D or maybe just Russell. Then we assume Jones/Lagesson can take that slot and if both exceed expectations we trade the lesser of the two.

I wouldn't pencil Jones or Lagesson into 2LD next season; they wouldn't make either one of Nurse/Klef expendable.

Also, neither one of Jones, Lagesson, Russell, Benning, or Persson would return a top 6 forward.

If you run with something like:
Nurse/Bear
Klefbomb/Persson
Jones/Larsson
Lagesson

What would you expect to get in return for Benning and Russell?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Benning a 3rd plus something small. Russell... a 4th at best given his salary.

I’d only trade Russell for cap reasons. Both are still useful.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I wouldn't pencil Jones or Lagesson into 2LD next season; they wouldn't make either one of Nurse/Klef expendable.

Also, neither one of Jones, Lagesson, Russell, Benning, or Persson would return a top 6 forward.

If you run with something like:
Nurse/Bear
Klefbomb/Persson
Jones/Larsson
Lagesson

What would you expect to get in return for Benning and Russell?

I'd like to see

Nurse - Bear
Kelfbom - Bouchard
Lagesson - Larsson
Persson

Next season.... I have no idea how to trade Russell tho... Benning surprisingly I think he could fletch a decent return like a 3rd round pick or a solid bottom six forward.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think they should trade either of Benning or Russell until one of the other young guys absolutely prove they are NHLers. Jones had a short stint and then regressed. Lagesson and Bouchard haven't even had a cup of coffee. I don't see anyone dominating in the AHL to this point.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
dont think its bad either just makes choice to not get more nhl depth even worse is all I vs so saying I had hoped maybe the plan was to see who was doing good on the farm and promote within but it sounds like thst was never in mind so it is even dumber not to make trades

anyway do not want to derail this thread more but this is where the comment was posted so thought to comment here

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is embarrassing. 12-5-2....TrAdE EvEryONe...derp

Reactions: KYams17

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Snowpants ur right that we likely need a 2LW...but ur desperation to do that is the same thing that has caused a lot of the past mismanagement.
Holland is right to be patient....Benson is not ready and even when he is the probability of success at 2 LW is small.

We need a line driving dynamic scorer at 2LW....not exactly a commodity teams are looking to part with .....so you have to find someone desperate....or offer them something we dont want to part with.

Yes Holland is not trader Joe...he tends to err on the cautious side....for example in free agency he was probably in on Nyquist for 2LW and probably made an offer in the 4 to 4.5 range ...columbus went 3 years at 5.5.

He will keep the main kids in Bakersfield till after Xmas and this is the right move again...then they will begin to get some games each....

Your best hope for 2 LW this year is probably if Persson starts to find his way better in the defensive zone....he does seem coachable...and makes Larsson somewhat expendable in the short term. This trade probably wouldn.t happen till a week or two before the deadline anyways and the other team would have to be desperate....and the other team would have to have the right animal. These particular beasts are few enough...

Maybe Persson makes it....he is surviving now and only has 15 games on North American ice at NHL speed....so it looks good but who knows.....maybe by mid-january we will have an idea about this...
...and maybe some team for example Winnipeg or Montreal loses a top D to injury....for example Larsson and rights to Pulju for Ehlers....

Low percentage of this happening ....and ur right Holland is not a trader....but he is an elite strategist and highly positive about development. There is a cost to patience--about 1/3 of the time you end up with muck on ur face....and you have to know when it is time to go for the juglar and be non-patient.
We will have to wait late in this year to see if Holland has the balls when the time is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad