Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones2079

Oct 2, 2019
Tier 3 Fan
If you’re comparing Holland to Tambellini, you’re probably unfamiliar with both of them.

Holland has made one trade since he got here, which is likely still ahead of his average career pace. If you were expecting trades, you don’t know Holland.
Plus his trade was better than any trade Tambo made.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd like to see

Nurse - Bear
Kelfbom - Bouchard
Lagesson - Larsson
Persson

Next season.... I have no idea how to trade Russell tho... Benning surprisingly I think he could fletch a decent return like a 3rd round pick or a solid bottom six forward.

This is actually the perfect time to trade Benning. He's gotten off to a terrific start, they have actual depth now sitting a quality Dman in Persson when Larsson returns and they're going to need to open up a spot for Jones and Lagesson going into next year so sell high on him.
Deal him in a package for a 3rd line forward which is a much bigger need.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Good news... I just heard on Stauffer's Oilers Now broadcast that Gambardella is due back shortly for the Condors on the weekend... and Marody is day to day.

If that lineup is fully healthy, they are a pretty deep and solid AHL team.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good news... I just heard on Stauffer's Oilers Now broadcast that Gambardella is due back shortly for the Condors on the weekend... and Marody is day to day.

If that lineup is fully healthy, they are a pretty deep and solid AHL team.

they sent Hebig down to Wichita, this must be why.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is actually the perfect time to trade Benning. He's gotten off to a terrific start, they have actual depth now sitting a quality Dman in Persson when Larsson returns and they're going to need to open up a spot for Jones and Lagesson going into next year so sell high on him.
Deal him in a package for a 3rd line forward which is a much bigger need.

A "quality dman in Persson"? Your standards for quality are a little thin in my estimation. The guy has been sat for Brandon Manning of all people at times this season, and it is clear that some time in the AHL would seriously benefit him if not for the injury to Larsson. He has all of 10 games in the NHL. And if you think we're in the clear for lack of injuries to dmen, I would suggest that it would be out of the ordinary to go through the rest of the season without one or more of the remaining ones to remain healthy (Oscar Klefbom says hi). I would say their depth still remains thin for actual functional NHL dmen at this time.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
AHL has the stupidest schedule. I look at their record right now and can't even really complain too much because this team constantly has like 5 day breaks between games kind of hard to build any consistency when you are constantly sitting around 5 straight days between games.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
AHL has the stupidest schedule. I look at their record right now and can't even really complain too much because this team constantly has like 5 day breaks between games kind of hard to build any consistency when you are constantly sitting around 5 straight days between games.
This is partly why I don' think it is always best for a high end prospect to "over-ripen" in the AHL. The pace of the NHL schedule is something that kids need to experience.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is partly why I don' think it is always best for a high end prospect to "over-ripen" in the AHL. The pace of the NHL schedule is something that kids need to experience.
A lot of times in the NHL though, they won't "overplay" youngsters. Try to have them sit every few games until they acclimatize themselves. And a majority of the kids coming in are from major junior where they play nearly as many games as the pros, so it's not entirely foreign to them.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
A lot of times in the NHL though, they won't "overplay" youngsters. Try to have them sit every few games until they acclimatize themselves. And a majority of the kids coming in are from major junior where they play nearly as many games as the pros, so it's not entirely foreign to them.

It's not so much the number of games but when they are. AHL and juniors tend to be very heavy with weekend games. The Rangers schedule has lots of Friday/Sat/Sunday games with a lot of 4 day breaks. The NHL tends to be one game one day off, rinse and repeat.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I thought Bako was supposed to be a dominant team this year?
I agree. But Malone Benson Curry and Marody are all setup guys and all get top six minutes. Snipers, which I believe we need to develop, like Hebig and Maksimov are paired on the 4th line with a career minor leaguer in Esposito.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I thought Bako was supposed to be a dominant team this year?

They’ve seemingly had awful luck with facing a ton of hot goalies to start the year. I watched the game last night and they absolutely dominated Colorado but could not get one past Miska. Combine that with Shane Starrett being hurt for most of this season and it’s lead to a tough start but I fully expect them to turn things around.

Reactions: The Oiler

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Stuart Skinner gets both halves of a back to back for the fourth consecutive weekend. I’m starting to feel bad for Dylan Wells, he’s only had two starts and a mop up job this year. Skinner has played well and is definitely improving but I don’t like the decision to seemingly throw away another goalie prospect who’s also showed some definite upside as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stuart Skinner gets both halves of a back to back for the fourth consecutive weekend. I’m starting to feel bad for Dylan Wells, he’s only had two starts and a mop up job this year. Skinner has played well and is definitely improving but I don’t like the decision to seemingly throw away another goalie prospect who’s also showed some definite upside as well.

Skinner hasn't exactly been lights out though has he?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Skinner hasn't exactly been lights out though has he?
He’s played better than his stats show, his numbers are inflated to the bad side because of two really bad outings. But I’ve just been continually surprised that they’ve essentially stapled Wells to the bench, he deserves a shot imo. Doesn’t make sense to be running a goalie out in back to backs.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I didn't see last game but my friend said the score really didn't match the game. Condors just faced a super hot goalie. It happens. We'll see how they respond today.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Well half-way through this game and still haven't scored.

Maybe just run their goalie into a coma? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad