Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Last years team also really wasn't that spectacular outside of one monstrous and record breaking win streak. Mediocre(and worse) teams have done that before.

Regardless it's early and this team is seemingly improving despite being down it's superstar goaltender. Nothing to be overly worried about.

Last year's team was a possession monster. This year's team... not so much. The raw D is one of the problems - along with non-Elite goaltending. Offensively, they don't cycle like last season either.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Last year's team was a possession monster. This year's team... not so much. The raw D is one of the problems - along with non-Elite goaltending. Offensively, they don't cycle like last season either.

Not re-upping Stanton was a bit of a mistake. Dude was Jason Smith back there.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
So far

Maksimov 2 assists
Yamamoto 1 assist
McLeod 1 assist
Jones 1 assist

Jones is having a very good offensive year

Now tied for 12th in D points

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
McLeod rang one off the crossbar of a Bouchard shot in the final minute. He should have scored, it was a wide open net.
And Bakersfield loses.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
McLeod rang one off the crossbar of a Bouchard shot in the final minute. He should have scored, it was a wide open net.
And Bakersfield loses.

Looks like it’s a rebuilding year with all of the fresh young faces in the lineup. To be expected of course

Reactions: Senor Catface

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Bouchard with a bad turn over at 3-3 there to give the other team a break away goal ... welp, I guess that's what the AHL is for, to learn from things like that, but that's not gonna fly in the NHL.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bouchard with a bad turn over at 3-3 there to give the other team a break away goal ... welp, I guess that's what the AHL is for, to learn from things like that, but that's not gonna fly in the NHL.

That's exactly what the AHL is for. Bear's emergence and Persson stepping in allows Bouch to take all the time he needs to round out his game in Bako. There's no doubting Dave Manson's work with our young defense down there, he has done very well for us down there.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
That's exactly what the AHL is for. Bear's emergence and Persson stepping in allows Bouch to take all the time he needs to round out his game in Bako. There's no doubting Dave Manson's work with our young defense down there, he has done very well for us down there.

Absolutely. I was one of the people doubting Bear after he regressed a bit last year and he sure proved me wrong.

Would be yugely surprised if Bouchard gets called up at all unless we're out of the playoffs in March

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Absolutely. I was one of the people doubting Bear after he regressed a bit last year and he sure proved me wrong.

Would be yugely surprised if Bouchard gets called up at all unless we're out of the playoffs in March

I always thought that he had the skill but his skating wasn't up to par. What a difference a big offseason made for him. Bouch may get a few games in depending on injuries, but in the mean time he can work on his game alongside Manson who has done wonders with our defense down there. Basically churning out 3 NHL caliber players in Bear, Lagesson and Jones.

Reactions: dustrock

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I always thought that he had the skill but his skating wasn't up to par. What a difference a big offseason made for him. Bouch may get a few games in depending on injuries, but in the mean time he can work on his game alongside Manson who has done wonders with our defense down there. Basically churning out 3 NHL caliber players in Bear, Lagesson and Jones.
I don't think he sees any games imo.
Lagesson and Jones both deserve games over him right now and are much more ready.

Only way he sees games is if his defensive game improved leaps before the trade deadline or if we are out of playoffs.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

If Bouchard develops a bit of that Manson playstyle, then that would be huge.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not too worried about their record with a lot of new younger guys transitioning onto the team, and them having some injuries early. I think they still have a good shot at making playoffs if they can get healthy and rolling, but we're seeing promising transitions for a lot of the young guys like Bouchard, McLeod, Samorukov, and even Maksimov. Some of these guys will have a limited role this year and should see production increases next year as they earn a bigger role. This is the right way to develop solid depth from within and we should see some more new faces next year with Lavoie, maybe Broberg or Berglund or Safin.

This upcoming draft I hope they go heavy on skilled forwards in the draft because the D prospect pool looks very very good for the next 4-5 years with Lagesson and/or Jones likely to graduate next year/later this year, guys like Bouchard and Samorukov getting bigger roles next year, and others like Broberg, Kesselring, Kemp, and Berglund trickling onto the AHL team.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Benson: 2 goals + 1 assist
Yamamoto: 1 assist
Jones: 2 assists
Currie: 1 + 1
Malone: 1 + 3
Cave: 1 goal
Jurco: 2 assists

Condors up 5-2.

Yeah Jones now tied for 2nd in defensemen points and Benson tied for 19th in league scoring, only 3 points back on 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad