Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Biased. The word is biased.

Nobody is bias against someone. You can say that you have a bias against someone, but you are never bias against someone. This is a spelling problem that plagues these boards, and it kills me.

He is biased.
Like saying "your" instead of you're? "effect" instead of "affect"? "to" instead of "too". Education standards have dipped.

Reactions: 88drost

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
They just keep rolling. Impressive win, really didn't give Tucson much of anything until the very end.

Yamamoto had a really good game with the New Kid Line. Weird to say, because he scored his goal on a beautiful one timer in the slot, but he really needs to get his shooters mentality back from juniors. That kid line is basically all pass first guys, too much deferment. Yams has a great shot, and he's been a shooter in the past. Let's see how they do with more time together.

Speaking of Marody, I just don't really know how he does the stuff he does on the ice, his ability to win pucks and make space for himself and others is special. I suppose the last guy we had who had that kind of ability was Omark? But Omark did it mostly on the boards, Marody seems to do it all over the ice.

Caleb Jones with a brilliant performance tonight too, just controlling the game every which way, a general.

A guy who's a bit under the radar this year is David Gust, he had a really strong game tonight. Curious to see how he turns out. Seems to have great skating ability.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
They just keep rolling. Impressive win, really didn't give Tucson much of anything until the very end.

Yamamoto had a really good game with the New Kid Line. Weird to say, because he scored his goal on a beautiful one timer in the slot, but he really needs to get his shooters mentality back from juniors. That kid line is basically all pass first guys, too much deferment. Yams has a great shot, and he's been a shooter in the past. Let's see how they do with more time together.

Speaking of Marody, I just don't really know how he does the stuff he does on the ice, his ability to win pucks and make space for himself and others is special. I suppose the last guy we had who had that kind of ability was Omark? But Omark did it mostly on the boards, Marody seems to do it all over the ice.

Caleb Jones with a brilliant performance tonight too, just controlling the game every which way, a general.

A guy who's a bit under the radar this year is David Gust, he had a really strong game tonight. Curious to see how he turns out. Seems to have great skating ability.

David Gust? Where did they get him

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Can't help myself... Omark? Really?

Omark is the definition of great skill but no where near enough size or strength or speed or two way play to ever be an positive impact nhler. Especially in the time he played at.

Omark, in the nhl, would control the puck beautifully, until he didn't. I swear his puck possession must have been through the roof in the offensive zone BUT 99% of the time he would end up eventually getting pushed off the puck without generating a quality scoring chance, a pass to someone else in a scoring lane, or even getting himself into a shooting area.

Omark imo was the definition of a perimeter player. At the nhl level.

My point being I truly hope Marody isn't like Omark. Especially inow effectiveness at the nhl level.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Can't help myself... Omark? Really?

Omark is the definition of great skill but no where near enough size or strength or speed or two way play to ever be an positive impact nhler. Especially in the time he played at.

Omark, in the nhl, would control the puck beautifully, until he didn't. I swear his puck possession must have been through the roof in the offensive zone BUT 99% of the time he would end up eventually getting pushed off the puck without generating a quality scoring chance, a pass to someone else in a scoring lane, or even getting himself into a shooting area.

Omark imo was the definition of a perimeter player. At the nhl level.

My point being I truly hope Marody isn't like Omark. Especially inow effectiveness at the nhl level.
He wasn't calling him Omark he compared an attribute to him

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This teams latest run is a shining example that we don't need to try and bring back Hall or chase big fish. We have the elite talent we need to win. Our depth is ****. Condors are winning because they're deep. Strong defense throughout the lineup, 4 solid lines. Keep these guys learning like this and let them carry it up here. McDavid, Drai and co will take care of the rest.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't say enough how much I liked the effort to seal the game on this goal.

Big fan of the player.

I hope that he can add more speed to his game over the offseason. The guy is as hard of a worker as you'll find from what I've seen and has decent hands. He also adds the element of being surprisingly tough when the gloves are off. Lots to like in this player but like a number of other guys down there (Benson, Marody, Bear and Yamamoto) they could use that extra bit of acceleration to take their game to the next level.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Waiting for someone on here to say, "bring up Yamamoto, he has proven himself with 3 goals in 3 games!":laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad