Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season II "Oh Yes They Call Him the Streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, bouchard has a spot on the team next year.

unfortunate for Caleb jones. I figured he would make the team, but probably not now.
Little too early to say that. A lot of development can come over the next few months for these guys, and there's going to be a lot of guys competing for that bottom pairing between Jones, Bouchard, Bear, Lagesson, and potentially Persson.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Stauffer tweet

Evan Bouchard did something tonight that no other player in Oilers history has done...he became the first Oilers player to score a goal in the NHL, AHL and Major Junior in the same season
2:12 PM · Apr 24, 2019

Thomas Tatar

I still think Bouchard should stay in the AHL and work on his defensive play so we can get the total package. Bring him up the year after and shelter on the 3rd pairing.

This makes the most sense in my opinion. For once the Oilers are really being patient with their prospects. Jones, Bear, Persson, and Lagesson have put in way more time and should get some looks in the Bigs. Let Bouchard tear up the AHL the way he did junior and have him really hone the defensive side of the game first.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
just seen 2 other prospects last night. Rodrique came in for Drummondville last night against Halifax and was unreal. He was lights out. The game should have been 5-0 but he held Drummondville in. He looks very good.
Saifin played for Halifax. He has completely regressed from 2 years ago. Very dis-apoointing.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Lost in Evan's great performance is Evan's great performance. Polei that is. Watching his post game interview, you can really tell he's a glue guy in the locker room, and on the ice he's got much more game to him than he gets credit for.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really hope for a long playoffs for Bakersfield. I'm against throwing too many rookie d-men into the mix given our current makeup, but 15-20 playoff games is going to go a long way in developing these guys and potentially making them more NHL ready for next year.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Really hope for a long playoffs for Bakersfield. I'm against throwing too many rookie d-men into the mix given our current makeup, but 15-20 playoff games is going to go a long way in developing these guys and potentially making them more NHL ready for next year.

Hoping for McLeod to get bounced this round, I'd like to see what he can do in Bakersfield. Not that Esposito is bad, but I think Marody/Malone/Mcleod down the middle during the playoffs would be tough to deal with.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Lost in Evan's great performance is Evan's great performance. Polei that is. Watching his post game interview, you can really tell he's a glue guy in the locker room, and on the ice he's got much more game to him than he gets credit for.

Would like to see Polei and Day signed for next season. Polei impressed every time I've watched him

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
just seen 2 other prospects last night. Rodrique came in for Drummondville last night against Halifax and was unreal. He was lights out. The game should have been 5-0 but he held Drummondville in. He looks very good.
Saifin played for Halifax. He has completely regressed from 2 years ago. Very dis-apoointing.

Big fan of Safin too... loved him in camp two years ago. Injuries can really derail a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad