Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Benson and Samorukov are playing tonight for the Condors. Yamamoto not going be assigned to Bakersfield due to injury.
Samorukov especially will be a welcome addition, the Condors finished their last game with only 3 or 4 dmen. Excited to see how these guys do in the pros!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kind of expected Yamamoto to be too injured to go. He was clearly a long way from 100% in that series.

Wonder why no Hebig? The mem cup is a long way off.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is it safe to assume we're going to be looking for a new AHL coach at the end of this season?

I was listening to Gregor (I think) earlier in the week and he said Fleming's contract is up at the end of the season. Hopefully the Oilers do a thorough search and don't just hire the first OBC member who answers the phone.

Reactions: nabob

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Was at the game tonight against the moose. Chances for and against were pretty even it seemed. Broissoit definitely didn't invoke confidence for the team.

Benson was by far the slowest player on the ice. Very disappointed in how he looked . I'm hoping he is nursing and injury or was tenative because it was his first ahl game. He doesnt look close to the NHL to me.

Safin had a pretty uneventful game as well. Looked skinny compared to the other players. Could definitely use another 20-30 pounds before he is an option on the nhl team.

Samorukov looked good to me .Willing to hold onto the puck for the extra split second to wait for the lanes to open up .Quick hands and had an eye for openings . Could see him suit up for the oil in the near future .

Most impressive condor to me was Caleb Jones . Great hands, vision, skating, defensive stick/positioning . Truly a 5 star prospect . The only thing he needs more work on is his decision making .Sometimes you could see him trying for force plays out there.

Gambardella, Lelaggia and Polei had good games and I wouldn't be shocked to see them play some NHL games in the near future

Reactions: LaGu

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Was at the game tonight against the moose. Chances for and against were pretty even it seemed. Broissoit definitely didn't invoke confidence for the team.

Benson was by far the slowest player on the ice. Very disappointed in how he looked . I'm hoping he is nursing and injury or was tenative because it was his first ahl game. He doesnt look close to the NHL to me.

Safin had a pretty uneventful game as well. Looked skinny compared to the other players. Could definitely use another 20-30 pounds before he is an option on the nhl team.

Samorukov looked good to me .Willing to hold onto the puck for the extra split second to wait for the lanes to open up .Quick hands and had an eye for openings . Could see him suit up for the oil in the near future .

Most impressive condor to me was Caleb Jones . Great hands, vision, skating, defensive stick/positioning . Truly a 5 star prospect . The only thing he needs more work on is his decision making .Sometimes you could see him trying for force plays out there.

Gambardella, Lelaggia and Polei had good games and I wouldn't be shocked to see them play some NHL games in the near future

Benson has a whole offseason to work on his skating for a change. We should see improvement come September. Safin has cooled off after a quick start, another year in the Q is likely. What were your thoughts on Vessel? Good to hear that Jones looked good for the most part. Brossoit was 2nd star btw which is interesting given the score.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Benson has a whole offseason to work on his skating for a change. We should see improvement come September. Safin has cooled off after a quick start, another year in the Q is likely. What were your thoughts on Vessel? Good to hear that Jones looked good for the most part. Brossoit was 2nd star btw which is interesting given the score.

The thing with Benson could also have to do with his conditioning .He has played nearly the same amount of games as the 2 previous seasons combined. Legs could be running out of gas .

Vesel seemed to have good wheels and hands. Looked more deserving of a two way contract over a guy like Christoffer or Larkin.

Pretty tough to get a good read on alot of these prospects after the one game though. I'll be back again on Sunday with hopefully a better viewing.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I'll be in the minority here and may get slammed but I think Jones is a better long-term prospect than Bear. Right or wrong we have two great looking kids.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
I'll be in the minority here and may get slammed but I think Jones is a better long-term prospect than Bear. Right or wrong we have two great looking kids.

Before the season started most of the posters here would have taken Jones over Bear.

Jones could be making that 4 year deal to Russell look even worse as early as next year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Before the season started most of the posters here would have taken Jones over Bear.

Jones could be making that 4 year deal to Russell look even worse as early as next year.

I wasn't sure that Bear's skating and strength would translate to the pro game. So far he has proven me wrong and he has room to improve. Jones' skating is not an issue, experience is. I also hold out hope for Ryan Mantha although he's been hurt for a long, long time.

The thing with Benson could also have to do with his conditioning .He has played nearly the same amount of games as the 2 previous seasons combined. Legs could be running out of gas .

Vesel seemed to have good wheels and hands. Looked more deserving of a two way contract over a guy like Christoffer or Larkin.

Pretty tough to get a good read on alot of these prospects after the one game though. I'll be back again on Sunday with hopefully a better viewing.

Maybe, but he has never looked like a high end skater IMO. It's hard to work on your skating when you're nursing groin issues.

I wouldn't mind if we signed Vesel, it sounds like he's done at least ok so far in Bako. What were your thoughts on Larkin and Day?

It is possible, if both pan out that is a major win for us.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Maybe, but he has never looked like a high end skater IMO. It's hard to work on your skating when you're nursing groin issues.

I wouldn't mind if we signed Vesel, it sounds like he's done at least ok so far in Bako. What were your thoughts on Larkin and Day?

You would not be able to tell he is Dylan's brother if it wasn't for the name tag . Dont remember him making any plays to stand out .Good or bad. Day also slipped my radar .Saw him out there a couple times but wasn't keying in on him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
You would not be able to tell he is Dylan's brother if it wasn't for the name tag . Dont remember him making any plays to stand out .Good or bad. Day also slipped my radar .Saw him out there a couple times but wasn't keying in on him.

Is Larkin a decent skater at this level?

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Was at the game tonight against the Moose. Benson looked like a different player compared to Friday. Had a couple great chances. Quick hands, good vision just needs an extra gear skating wise.

Samorukov and Jones looked good on the backend. Both of them have an excellent first pass and both are solid skaters with good defensive abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad