Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Speaking of Currie, he had a hatty in last night's 8-4 win over San Jose.

All three of his goals were beauties. Shows off the hands at 1:40, the one-timer at 1:55 and the between the legs snipe at 2:45.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Big weekend from Danish Russell too, six points in two games. He’s earning another contract.
I would hope 2 good games from a 25 year old wouldn't erase 2 years of being a worthless offensive player at the AHL level.

You don't sign scrubs like this to NHL deals.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would hope 2 good games from a 25 year old wouldn't erase 2 years of being a worthless offensive player at the AHL level.

You don't sign scrubs like this to NHL deals.

Look what he’s playing with, man. He’s got the fourth most goals on the team and he’s +1 on a very bad squad. Also factor in that I’m willing to bet I’ve watched him more than you have.

Russell’s worth a qualifying offer. We’re not exactly drowning in forward talent here.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Look what he’s playing with, man. He’s got the fourth most goals on the team and he’s +1 on a very bad squad. Also factor in that I’m willing to bet I’ve watched him more than you have.

Russell’s worth a qualifying offer. We’re not exactly drowning in forward talent here.
I’m purely stay watching. I have no interest in signing a 25 year old who can’t even muster 1/2 a ppg in the ahl. Waste of time and contract space.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’m purely stay watching. I have no interest in signing a 25 year old who can’t even muster 1/2 a ppg in the ahl. Waste of time and contract space.

You’re right, we have an absolute multitude of better options. Young forwards in droves.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You’re right, we have an absolute multitude of better options. Young forwards in droves.
Better option for what? Bottom 6 AHLer? There are literally hundreds of players available every summer that could do what Patrick Russell has done in the AHL. Absolutely zero future in the NHL.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Better option for what? Bottom 6 AHLer? There are literally hundreds of players available every summer that could do what Patrick Russell has done in the AHL. Absolutely zero future in the NHL.

Chiarelli signed like five AHLers this summer, none of whom have been as good as Russell. I think you’re also forgetting that he had a strong showing in camp.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, he's definitely better than Ty Rattie.

Different players, different roles.

AHL to NHL equivalency is roughly .47 point conversion according to Vollman, which puts Russell - who’s mostly played a third line shutdown role at ~11 points, or ~16 points over an 82 game NHL season - or only slightly lower than what guys like Kassian and Caggiula have brought to the table.

Russell can skate, hit, PK and bang the odd goal in. Smart teams - aka not us - develop their own fourth liners and pay them virtually nothing - not sign them to long term deals at 2 million dollar cap hits.

Sorry we disagree, but there’s no reason to cut bait on a guy like Russell who’s played well in the role he’s been given.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Different players, different roles.

AHL to NHL equivalency is roughly .47 point conversion according to Vollman, which puts Russell - who’s mostly played a third line shutdown role at ~11 points, or ~16 points over an 82 game NHL season - or only slightly lower than what guys like Kassian and Caggiula have brought to the table.

Russell can skate, hit, PK and bang the odd goal in. Smart teams - aka not us - develop their own fourth liners and pay them virtually nothing - not sign them to long term deals at 2 million dollar cap hits.

Sorry we disagree, but there’s no reason to cut bait on a guy like Russell who’s played well in the role he’s been given.

He's shown steady statistical improvement, he's worth keeping around as depth IMO.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Anyone keeping an eye on the Condors have anything to say about Not Dylan Larkin's first few games?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wonder what Polei's upside is.

He's putting up some decent numbers and has 10 fights this year to go with it.

Had a good tilt tonight with a guy who hit Larkin pretty hard.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I wonder if Josh Currie will get a contract and a cup of coffee at some point.

Starting to look like a guy who might be able to carve out a career in the bottom 6.
Currie definitely seems like a late bloomer and possibly worth a look... I'd love to see him get a chance to play in the NHL at some point. Also wondering if Laleggia might get a game or 2 at the end of the season here.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Safin-Vesel-Larkin was apparently the Condors best line. Safin in particular was dominant and had a number of chances.

Really? That's very encouraging. Not sure if Safin goes to the AHL next year - definitely has the size and speed for it. I suspect the condors will be pretty good next year.

Incoming players
Marody - Does he get signed?
Benson
Vesel
Larkin - Curious to see where he'd slot in.
Safin - Does he stay in QMHL?
Hebig
Yamamoto - Does he make Oilers out of camp?
Lagesson - Does he come to the AHL?
Berglund - Think he has a year left on contract in SHL...

Not to mention, our D core down there will be going into their second pro season, so you'd expect a lot of improvement there.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Really? That's very encouraging. Not sure if Safin goes to the AHL next year - definitely has the size and speed for it. I suspect the condors will be pretty good next year.

Incoming players
Marody - Does he get signed?
Benson
Vesel
Larkin - Curious to see where he'd slot in.
Safin - Does he stay in QMHL?
Hebig
Yamamoto - Does he make Oilers out of camp?
Lagesson - Does he come to the AHL?
Berglund - Think he has a year left on contract in SHL...

Not to mention, our D core down there will be going into their second pro season, so you'd expect a lot of improvement there.

IMO, if Lagesson comes back over, it’s for a spot on the Oilers - he played top pairing minutes basically all year in the SHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad