Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Watching some of today's highlight package of Samorukov, he definitely looked super poised for someone who's still only 18 years old. I didn't realize he was that smooth of a skater.

I don't think there's a whole lot of offense there given his OHL stats, but he could be someone to watch in the next couple years.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Damn, Samorukov looks great. Looks like he has improved his mobility a lot and I don't remember him having such good hands. I wasn't overly excited about him before but he looked real good in those highlights, especially considering he's only 18 and has another year of juniors before he's turning pro. Very encouraging.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Is he eligible for the AHL next year or is it back to the OHL?
He was drafted out of the OHL and won't turn 20 until next summer, so no AHL for him next season. It's OHL, Europe or NHL.

Edit: thanks for the reports by the way, it is much appreciated to get some first hand info from Bak.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Damn, Samorukov looks great. Looks like he has improved his mobility a lot and I don't remember him having such good hands. I wasn't overly excited about him before but he looked real good in those highlights, especially considering he's only 18 and has another year of juniors before he's turning pro. Very encouraging.

He looks very efficient. Doesn't waste a lot of energy and seems to be exactly where he is needed.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Looks like Marody's heading there too. Nice for the Condors, since they're deprived of good young forwards

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Kid has very high hockey iq. His points didn't look that encouraging in his first 2 junior years but the offence is there. Especially with his passing, skating and his smarts

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Scoreless after the first tonight. Marody is making his debut and has one shot so far. Looks like he's centring the second line.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Tyler Vesel seems to be finding his game as of late after a bit of a slow start to his pro career, 3 points in the last 4 games after only 1 in the first 5. I hope they sign him to an ELC, if they don't I think someone else will after his rights expire Aug 15. Bit of a late bloomer but I could see him carving out an NHL career, could be a nice cheap option down the road.

Reactions: Night Witch

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Tyler Vesel seems to be finding his game as of late after a bit of a slow start to his pro career, 3 points in the last 4 games after only 1 in the first 5. I hope they sign him to an ELC, if they don't I think someone else will after his rights expire Aug 15. Bit of a late bloomer but I could see him carving out an NHL career, could be a nice cheap option down the road.

Much more worthy of a contract than Larkin.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Is there any chance of the Condors making the playoffs this season? They should be able to make the playoffs next seasons because of the addition of Benson, Marody and Yamamoto

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Is there any chance of the Condors making the playoffs this season? They should be able to make the playoffs next seasons because of the addition of Benson, Marody and Yamamoto
I think they were officially eliminated a few days ago.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
They finally gave Nick Ellis a game as well, nice to see. One of my biggest issues with the AHL coaching staff has been how hard the rode LB down the stretch. Ellis only played 6 games in 2018, one of which he came on in relief. Hard to figure out what you've got in the guy like that, but I think the coaches were trying to ride Brossoit to the playoffs as a way to possibly save their jobs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They finally gave Nick Ellis a game as well, nice to see. One of my biggest issues with the AHL coaching staff has been how hard the rode LB down the stretch. Ellis only played 6 games in 2018, one of which he came on in relief. Hard to figure out what you've got in the guy like that, but I think the coaches were trying to ride Brossoit to the playoffs as a way to possibly save their jobs.
They don't seem to know what they are doing to be honest. Their line combos massively changed from game to game. No pairings kept together, nothing. Just guys all over the place.

I would like to see the following next year.

Benson - Currie- Yamamoto
Laleggia - Marody - Vessel
Gust - Hebig - Russell
Hamilton - Gambardella - Platzer

Jones - Berglund
Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Mantha

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
They don't seem to know what they are doing to be honest. Their line combos massively changed from game to game. No pairings kept together, nothing. Just guys all over the place.

Gust - Hebig - Russell

Jones - Berglund
Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Mantha
Berglund is spending another year in Sweden so they'll likely have another vet on the back end(Simpson?) and they'll still have Brad Malone somewhere in there but this is a good template. Decent mix of vets and legit prospects. I'm curious how they'll handle the next next year though because they have Starett and Wells signed already, Brossoit and Ellis are RFAs and Skinner could turn pro as well since he's a late birthday. Plus with the talk of adding a tendy to take the load off Talbot at the NHL level Montoya could be in the mix as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Berglund is spending another year in Sweden so they'll likely have another vet on the back end(Simpson?) and they'll still have Brad Malone somewhere in there but this is a good template. Decent mix of vets and legit prospects. I'm curious how they'll handle the next next year though because they have Starett and Wells signed already, Brossoit and Ellis are RFAs and Skinner could turn pro as well since he's a late birthday. Plus with the talk of adding a tendy to take the load off Talbot at the NHL level Montoya could be in the mix as well.
I think Montoya gets moved for futures or a late pick or something. Starrett looks like he could be a late bloomer but could still use some ECHL time.

Ideally I think you have one of Ellis/Brossoit as the starter and then you have Wells as the backup.
A vet instead of Berglund would work. Simpson or Gryba (still think he is signed)

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I think Montoya gets moved for futures or a late pick or something. Starrett looks like he could be a late bloomer but could still use some ECHL time.

Ideally I think you have one of Ellis/Brossoit as the starter and then you have Wells as the backup.
A vet instead of Berglund would work. Simpson or Gryba (still think he is signed)
I've got the opposite feelings about Wells/Starett. Wells should be the #1 guy in Wichita and get the majority of the starts there imo. He'll benefit most from playing a lot of games.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017

Gust - Hebig - Russell

Jones - Berglund
Lagesson - Bear
Lowe - Mantha

Platzer will not be back. He is a UFA and not even a marginal AHL player. I had such hug hopes for him after the numbers he put up in the last year in the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad