NFL: Baker Mayfield requests trade

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Eason's down the depth chart. They now have Lock and Smith, so I don't get the sense that they are considering a QB at 9. No one screams top pick to me this year.

I can get them trading back into round 1 for a QB if someone falls into the 20's. Like move both seconds to get back a 1st and like a 4th or something.

Think it's better to build the team up first so that when you get your QB on a rookie deal, you can hit the ground running, rather than burn the rookie deal while the roster is poor, like the Bears with Fields.
The only thing that matters when it comes to picking the quarterback, is that he is your guy. It's a quarterback-driven league, there is no philosophy that supports passing on quarterbacks that you would otherwise believe in because it might be easier later on. NFL coaches and GMs may get power, influence, money and many other things. The one thing they almost never get is time.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The only thing that matters when it comes to picking the quarterback, is that he is your guy. It's a quarterback-driven league, there is no philosophy that supports passing on quarterbacks that you would otherwise believe in because it might be easier later on. NFL coaches and GMs may get power, influence, money and many other things. The one thing they almost never get is time.
It's not draft position, it's more how good they will be in the NFL. I think if you are taking a QB and plan on investing the time to develop him, you better be confident that he can develop into a top 12 or so QB in the NFL. Anything less than that, it's going to be hard to have sustained success.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was my thought if a trade were to happen.
Darnold is the same situation as Baker. Will count) $18 mill against the cap regardless of whether he’s on the roster or not. Carolina would have to get Baker cheap on the cap hit or be able to ship out darnold.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Although they were hurt, some teams wouldn't give him or his buddy Kyler $100M for 3 years. Baker having the lowest charisma since Cutler doesn't help either.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hurrying back to play screwed him over in more ways that one. I can imagine that Mayfield is perfectly happy taking his time on his recovery this time around.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes