Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yeah but that happens ever f***ing game. There's no point complaining at this point. No that mindset didn't create this. The league can do whatever the f*** they want and they have. Fans complaining won't change anything.

Vancouver media and their fans seem to think otherwise

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ceci has pictures of somebodies wife. He was the biggest weakness going into this season

Or just right place at the right time to benefit from Holland achieving peak laziness at the end of his $25M deal. The "leak" that the players love Ceci to excuse Holland being a turd was so very Oilers.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Agreed, Pickard has over delivered. This is an existential organization failure when it bet its window years on a 5 year $25 million lottery ticket on Jack Campbell. I'm actually amazed that Skinner has performed, regular season wise, as well as he has as rookie and young goaltender. But I fear Skinner's brain is now cooked from this pressure cooker playoff hard reality. Especially when the opposition has a raw, third depth chart guy delivering more stable and reliable goaltending.

Oil are in the fight here. Just need average goaltending. Pickard's a solid pro with enough miles to maybe be the guy to stabilize this significant team weakness right now. Seems clear to me that Knoblauch has decided on Pickard for Game 5 and then all bets are off for the game after.
I'm hoping he does it for game four.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Skinner vs Smith's last 9 playoff games
Skinner
GPDECGASASVSV%SOPIMTOI
95-4-029227191.86812505:10

Smith at 40 years old
GPDECGASASVSV%SOPIMTOI
94-3-033300267.89000453:02

Our goalie is a stinkeroony

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Or just right place at the right time to benefit from Holland achieving peak laziness at the end of his $25M deal. The "leak" that the players love Ceci to excuse Holland being a turd was so very Oilers.
Vegas would’ve made both Ceci and Nurse go poof.

Reactions: oobga

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Vancouver media and their fans seem to think otherwise
Sure and they sound like absolute f***ing clowns. Doesn't matter the NHL just straight up sucks at officiating period. Their coach also bitched about embellishment and we haven't had a single embellishment call in this series despite at least a handful of obvious ones. Like I said it doesn't matter. Focus your energy on things that can change. Officiating can't and it won't.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
After never being so mad after a playoff win last game because of Skinner i have to come back and say it again. I literally hate Skinner and that f***ing moustache at this point. f*** you Skinner for making me try to defend you at points this year. You have the spine of a jellyfish and are the worst goalie left in the playoffs.

Maybe if Oilers started shooting from the slot instead of passing it away we would be the ones running other teams goalies out of the game.

Instead were the ones giving 40g scorers free reign within 30feet of the net

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe if Oilers started shooting from the slot instead of passing it away we would be the ones running other teams goalies out of the game.

That would require not playing terrible defense.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Man that bugs me as well.
Skinner needs to be better BUT he is expected to save that shot and meanwhile the Canucks just arent giving up that shot.
I dont even want to look back and see who messed up there. Probably more than one player.
When I watched it live I thought it was Draisaitl that just floated around covering no one in partiicular.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The “sailing point shot”, in actuality was a tipped point shot from 5 feet out while we were short a man. But you consider Nurse booting pucks past Skinner as bad goals too, so on the subject of whats a bad goal to give up and what isn’t we will never agree. You literally think anything past him is a “bad” goal.

You say I am unconditionally defending him which accuses me of being disengenious. Even though I said he let in softies in games 1-2 and hasn’t come up with enough big saves. I actually watch the goals against and try to figure out what happened instead of just spouting non-sense, that doesn’t mean it’s unconditional defence. But on the flip side, you will in one conversation admit to seeing a goal wrong, admit that it got booted in by Nurse, then in the next conversation ignore your admission and still call it a bad goal to support your narrative. So who’s being disingenuous here?
The tip was farther away from that and so slight it hardly changed shot. In anycase it goes right through Skinner who on that play is failing to be even be a blockform goalie.

Nor is he a reaction goalie. he doesn't move on any of the shots tonight until the goal light is flashing.

You want to talk about disingenuous You're the one defending the worst Oilers goalie in playoff history. you're defending a goalie that has been pulled more than any other goalie. 5 games now.

You're defending a goalie that is worse than .900 in 2/3 of his playoff starts.

You;re defending a goalie that has the worst save % among goalies with 20 or more starts in the history of the NHL.

Maybe just stop. At least tonight. .Nobody wants to hear from Skinner defendants right at the moment.

ps on the Nurse contact play it still goes through Skinner because he's a 5 hole slut.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
Shoutout to that f***ing figure skating event yesterday that ruined our ice tonight. Players on both teams were falling all over the place and the puck had so many bad bounces along the boards and by their net in the first and third period. Who allowed that shit during the playoffs? There was about 1000 tickets sold to boot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Next game:
Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Kane
Janmark-RNH-Foegele
Erne-Carrick-Lavoie

Bouchard-Ekholm
Kulak-Desharnais
Nurse-Stetcher

Pickard

That 4th line should be well rested, tell them to hit everything that moves.

Separate McDavid and Drai, give McDavid Holloway to play with as he's been one of the depth guys that looks like he can make a pass out there. Drai hopefully gets to wake up McLeod and the RNH line hopefully can saw off even or maybe if we're lucky pot a goal. Stetcher should help us to get the puck out of our own end once we have possession. He should be well rested as well.

You simply don't go right back to Skinner after his first 3 games. Give Pickard a chance, if we can't trust him to win 1 playoff game then maybe we should've looked for an upgrade at the deadline?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Wonder what everyones opinion of Helenbuck is.

Cause I mean he got destroyed against the avs or was it the fact that his team quit playing defense...

Next game:
Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Kane
Janmark-RNH-Foegele
Erne-Carrick-Lavoie

Bouchard-Ekholm
Kulak-Desharnais
Nurse-Stetcher

Pickard

Separate McDavid and Drai, give McDavid Holloway to play with as he's been one of the depth guys that looks like he can make a pass out there. Drai hopefully gets to wake up McLeod and the RNH line hopefully can saw off even or maybe if we're lucky pot a goal. Stetcher should help us to get the puck out of our own end once we have possession. He should be well rested as well.

You simply don't go right back to Skinner after his first 3 games. Give Pickard a chance, if we can't trust him to win 1 playoff game then maybe we should've looked for an upgrade at the deadline?

I mean thats one way to kill the 2nd line

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Its interesting that the Canucks trio of goalies is Demko, DeSmith and Silvos and the Oilers trio of goalies is Skinner, Pickard and Campbell.

What’s so interesting about it?

Demko is an elite, but injury prone starter. DeSmith is an average backup. Silovs is an AHL goalie. The only “scary” goalie is the guy that can’t stay healthy

Skinner is an average starter that chokes in the playoffs. Pickard is an average backup. Campbell a talented goalie that is an absolute headcase. Pickard is the only useful goalie for his cap hit and expected role

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Next game:
Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Kane
Janmark-RNH-Foegele
Erne-Carrick-Lavoie

Bouchard-Ekholm
Kulak-Desharnais
Nurse-Stetcher

Pickard

That second, third, and fourth line all suck ass.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

After the Oilers bailed him out last game for trying to lose the game for them on Friday he owed them and he shit the bed again.

At this point I know for a fact he wants the season to end to go and hang out with his super big and cool family.

Not a bad thing as a human being but as an athlete…. Embarrassing

He’s a f***ing piece of shit and if Knoblach starts him Tuesday, Knoblach and Jackson are also pieces of shit and McDavid and the rest of the leadership group are also pieces of shit for allowing their coach to start that piece of shit .

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Man that bugs me as well.
Skinner needs to be better BUT he is expected to save that shot and meanwhile the Canucks just arent giving up that shot.
I dont even want to look back and see who messed up there. Probably more than one player.
When I watched it live I thought it was Draisaitl that just floated around covering no one in partiicular.

But they gave up 27 more shots than us. How is that not sinking in with you guys?

Reactions: iCanada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad