Post-Game Talk: Bad game gets to shootout where Wings are bad

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Who honestly cares about the shootout.

Need to simply play better. End of the 2nd period and most of the 3rd showed how much better than them we could be if we had played with a 100% effort. We had some huuuuge shifts where the puck was locked in their zone, and OT was all us too. This team just literally has no finish.

Helm is probably our best effort player lately, but his hands are worse than they have ever been. He does nothing but fumble the puck around the net. Time to call up Mantha or AA and give them legit top 6 minutes. Heck, call up both and pull Andersson and Jurco out of the lineup.

I don't exactly "care" about the shootout, but I feel like after you've said "everyone sucked," there's nothing more worth discussing. So might as well dwell on meaningless points like why doesn't Datsyuk just go home after OT ends.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Missed this one, another loser point in the bank against a bad team, nice

You really didn't miss much. But at least this time we didn't blow the lead to get to OT, lol We actually fought our way back in the 3rd to tie it.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Sooo..... that was an ugly game. Kronwall and Smith are dumb as posts. TSN are their own worst enemies. PP is awful - Kronwall needs to watch Smith or DeKeyser on the PP for a bit, maybe he'll get some ideas.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The wings have the least offensive defensemen in the NHL, it's embarrassing.

Which is ridiculous. Yes, Kronner is older. But Green scored 45 from the 3rd pairing last year and DD was serviceable. All three are on pace for bad years.

Part of it is the putrid PP. But something else is up. The funny thing is, they look more engaged than ever. Maybe it's simply an issue of fading skill. I don't know. Needs a fix though, that's for sure.

Maybe Russo can be the next Krug or something.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Datsyuk played a great game, minus that shootout attempt. It boggles my mind how he doesn't even attempt anything exciting anymore. How many years ago was the last "Datsyuk"

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Datsyuk played a great game, minus that shootout attempt. It boggles my mind how he doesn't even attempt anything exciting anymore. How many years ago was the last "Datsyuk"

COledhG.gif

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
This team needs to improve the fourth line and do it quickly. They need the fourth line to provide physical play, not be the softest fourth line in the league.

Why was Abby out there in overtime, not fast enough

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Really shouldn't be that confusing -- he'd probably pull something trying the same stuff he did back in 08.

Shootout is basically irrelevant now anyways. If he looks like he did tonight for the rest of the season and misses all the rest of his shootout attempts, I'll be happy.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Is that supposed to endorse it? Babcock is just as bad in shootout decisions.

Mainly focusing on the idea that Blashill is clueless because he put Helm in the shootout.

I'm more annoyed with Zetterberg who had a gaping cage to shoot at but put it right into Miller because he had a simple set play in mind.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Mainly focusing on the idea that Blashill is clueless because he put Helm in the shootout.

I'm more annoyed with Zetterberg who had a gaping cage to shoot at but put it right into Miller because he had a simple set play in mind.

Yeah, Babcock and Blashill are both pretty bad in shootout decisions. I said this prior to the season but Blashill (or any coach that came in here) is too reluctant to actually try all of their own ideas. They don't want to disrespect Babcock or Holland and it's hurting the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad