Post-Game Talk: Bad game gets to shootout where Wings are bad

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I am glad he admitted he did a **** job of preparing his team. I don't think my post says otherwise. The team played another stinker. They have done so about 20 times this season. Nothing new there. I just think when endorsing his team he should choose words that don't make him appear to be an incoherent ****ing idiot. Too much to ask? I dunno.:dunno:

Guess babs is an idiot as well. You know the greatest coach in the league.

I hope XO gets called up. Then he shows Holland hes better then like half of this dcore

Actual Thought*

Guess babs is an idiot as well. You know the greatest coach in the league.

I hope XO gets called up. Then he shows Holland hes better then like half of this dcore

I never heard Babcock utter the words "Unbelievable Belief". If he had he would have sounded like an idiot as well.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
This belief that coaching is the reason the Wings are mediocre is hilarious.

Eventually you need to start calling a spade a spade.

They were mediocre playoff fodder with Babcock and they will end up being mediocre playoff fodder with Blashill.

No amount of rah rah coach speak is gonna turn a mediocre team Into a good team.

The results speak for themselves.

Actual Thought*

They were mediocre playoff fodder with Babcock and they will end up being mediocre playoff fodder with Blashill.

No amount of rah rah coach speak is gonna turn a mediocre team Into a good team.

The fact that you use the words "Rah Rah coach speak" combined with your assessment of Babcock's performance leads me to believe you have no idea what an NHL coach's job is. In any case I just thought Blashill chose his words poorly. I never said his choice of words reflected on his coaching ability. The team's performance in about 80% of their games reflects on his coaching ability.

The common refrain here was that players such as Jurco, Kindl, and Smith were being held back by Babcock and Blashill was going to rejuvenate them and make them great. Not only has he not done that but there isn't a single player who has played better under Blashill than under Babcock. Pretty much every single player has performed worse under Blashill.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The common refrain here was that players such as Jurco, Kindl, and Smith were being held back by Babcock and Blashill was going to rejuvenate them and make them great.

I don't think anywhere he was suggesting this was going to happen, particularly for those players.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

'We believe that if we make the playoffs anything can happen'

>trades for a 35 year old rental

'We went all in this year'

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Yup. This is still a factor this year. http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-december-19-2015/ We're still the most injured playoff team.

Elephant in the room.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yup. This is still a factor this year. http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-december-19-2015/ We're still the most injured playoff team.

Elephant in the room.

Does that include Franzen I wonder? Realistically he was never going to be on the team this season.

On paper I think this year's team is better than last year's. Not by leaps and bounds maybe, but Larkin alone makes this team significantly better than last season. Then the addition of Green and Richards helps as well.

I'm certainly not pinning this all on Blashill. I think the Wings are still a mostly mediocre team, but a better mediocre team than last season. All things being equal I'd expect them to do better this season than last. Hopefully they will.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Oh yeah, They are definetly counting Franzen. But Im guessing we are still up there even with him not there. Since we are not even at the halfway point (and I think Franzen played some games at the start of the season? maybe not)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Blashill said he is embarrassed by the job he did of preparing his team. He then said he has "unbelievable belief" in the team whatever the **** that means. :help:

Haha, like Babcock never misspoke in his 10 years here. Dude sounded like he had marbles in his mouth half the time. Just give it a rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad