Rumor: Backlund asked for a trade

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Backlund is the prototypical CGY player to me, he represents their organization better than Johnny or Tkachuk ever did.

He is fine. Not very offensively gifted, but above average defensively. Not particularly exciting to watch but doesn't make many mistakes. Doesn't have a high ceiling, but a high floor. You get no sense from him that there is more, he just is what he is.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Also I think that's a misuse of the word rescind.
Usually you can't rescind something someone else does, you can only rescind what you've done. Sorta like revoke.
So Backlund can rescind his trade request, but the Flames can't rescind the request, because they didn't make the request. The Flames can deny the request.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Backlund for Hall/Debrusk + Rielly would be interesting but it depends on what Bergeron and Krejci do in the offseason.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Backlund is the prototypical CGY player to me, he represents their organization better than Johnny or Tkachuk ever did.

He is fine. Not very offensively gifted, but above average defensively. Not particularly exciting to watch but doesn't make many mistakes. Doesn't have a high ceiling, but a high floor. You get no sense from him that there is more, he just is what he is.
Backlund is a whole lot better than "above average" defensively. You could pick him, Danault, Eriksson Ek or Faksa as the best defensive forward in the game. He's an absolute rock in terms of possession and his own zone. Our failure to hard match him against McDavid is why he ran roughshod over us in that series.

Backlind, Dutter… is this a parallel universe?
Dutter is correct. Backlund is not. Dutter accurately describes his player usage, line combinations and roster decisions.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Backlind, Dutter… is this a parallel universe?

E8E4E058-4BD5-4BDE-BB24-BDA8764124D6.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad