Back in first place!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Dietz is not overager, so yes, very impressive.

Armstrong is barely a NHLer and that was probably the first time he played with Galchenyuk and Eller this season. No wonder it looked discombobulated a bit.

And that is why a lot of us are saying Prust is more than what you and a couple of others believe he is..............just a utility player/tough guy.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
**** their 2nd periods but man i love this team

I also think it's because of MiG's gif that we won and shoved back the bears where they belong

7h0bH3G.gif

Awesome :laugh:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gallagher- 3 GWG, Plus 10, 14 points. The kid has to be in the running for ROY.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Gotta love the effort in the 3rd. It was 500% better than the first 2 periods(especially the 2nd). love how this team shows character. can't help but rub off on the younger guys.

Another strong game from Gionta, many had him in the retirement home 2-3 weeks ago...5-1-6 the last 6 games.

GHF377

Watching from afar
Apr 11, 2011
Hockey limbo
On an unrelated note I freaking hate the schedule.
So tired of those games in hands for Boston.
It's not decreasing.
Tomorrow we'll have played 4 more games.

WTF

I think by the end of this month they have used up their games in hand.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Antichambre bashing Ryder for no reason. He played well tonight.

Not surprised. Instead of simply talking about the Habs showing character, not giving up, Michel Therrien getting his boys up for the third, Dumont/Pateryn playing their first games, Plekanec continuing to score, Price leading the NHL in wins, Youppi turning a brighter shade of orange, they dig deep and find something to complain about.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
According to the NHL boxscore here are the faceoff percentages tonight for the Habs..

Pleks - 73%
Dumont - 67%
Eller - 27%
DD - 20%

Not a good night for Eller or DD in the faceoff circle..

Cammy scores for the Flames..

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Because Colby Armstrong was not great in 1 or 2 shifts in his spot? Talk about a small sample size.

Yup.

Armstrong is positionally and strategically a good player. Seldom a liability. Bit he's also demonstrated that his offensive and physical contributions are, limited.

I hope you don't think it's possible for him to successfully replace Prust on lines that are expected to score. Will not happen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
According to the NHL boxscore here are the faceoff percentages tonight for the Habs..

Pleks - 73%
Dumont - 67%
Eller - 27%
DD - 20%

Not a good night for Eller or DD in the faceoff circle..

Cammy scores for the Flames..
Scoring at very close to point per game.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Armstrong is positionally and strategically a good player. Seldom a liability. Bit he's also demonstrated that his offensive and physical contributions are, limited.

I hope you don't think it's possible for him to successfully replace Prust on lines that are expected to score. Will not happen.

He won't replace what Prust does, but I won't take 1 or 2 shifts as proof that line is doooomed like you sort of claimed it is when 2 good players are still on it.

I get it. You like a soft team and dismiss the role of toughness as a recipe for success.

WTF are you talking about? I was clamoring for Jared Boll and Nick Foligno today. I think I am the only one in this thread who pointed out we had no answer for Ryan Malone in front of our net.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I just saw that Patrick Bordeleau is a UFA after this season. Big kid who can throw Em.

Habtchum*

I did not had the chance to see the game.

How Pateryn and Dumont played ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad