Back in first place!

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
So the strategy is:
1 period-play hard, try to get a lead
2 period-rest the whole team, hope that Price will be enough to keep them somewhat in
3 period-come out fresh and dominate

lol! It's pretty hilarious how the Habs games lately really do seem to suggest this is the actual game plan. :laugh:

Losing Prust isn't huge in and of itself. The guy's a great warrior and an awesome team guy, but he's not irreplaceable.

But the problem is that we already have Bourque out and Cole was traded for Ryder, and so if we lose Prust on top of that, then our Top 9 forwards have almost nobody with a good combination of size and grit.

If Prust and Bourque are both out for a long time to come, then this team badly needs to acquire somebody like Ryan Clowe, imo.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Cannot disagree with that. Couldn't handle Antichambre tonight cuz yellowtooth was at the top of his game. You win, Gagnon, you win - I'll flip the channel.

Absolutely. The guy got ripped apart on 110% by, of all people, P.J. Stock.

He's an absolute clown. Starts crap when there's none to be had.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
**** their 2nd periods but man i love this team

I also think it's because of MiG's gif that we won and shoved back the bears where they belong

7h0bH3G.gif

Hehe good one :handclap:

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Absolutely. But Prust has surpassed all expectations.

And we all know that Bras Fort is currently offensively challenged. Then why put him in a position to fail?

Agreed, but maybe Therrien needed a short term fix. Perhaps he juggles the lineup tomorrow, and then they have a few days to come up with alternative lines if the Prust injury is serious. I hope he returns quickly, I have enjoyed watching him play this year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Brandon Prust ‏@BrandonPrust8

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll be back soon :)

Why is it not reassuring to me? I'll be back soon DOESN'T mean, everything is fine, you'll see me tomorrow...:help:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
A couple of you guys are trying way, way too hard trying to make a point at the expense of Prust.

We get it, some of you just don't share the idea SouthernHabs has, but then again, be fair.

Prust is +13
Prust has 81 penalty minutes, and took 7, yes, 7 fights by himself so his teammates could stick to playing hockey.
Prust is on pace for a 202 hits season in an 82 games schedule.
Prust has 4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points in 25 games, and is on pace for almost 30 points.
Prust is one of the forwards on the team with the most blocked shots.
Prust is one of, if not THE most used player by Therrien on the PK.

To downplay Prust's role to the one of utility player for this team this season is ridiculous. His contribution are going way past the grit and the fighting part of the game. He's literally one of the most useful players on this team this season. You guys should ask those Rangers fans who said Prust was easily replacable this summer what they think about it nowadays.

He's a key contributor on this team. If he's only out for one week, I'm relieved.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
A couple of you guys are trying way, way too hard trying to make a point at the expense of Prust.

We get it, some of you just don't share the idea SouthernHabs has, but then again, be fair.

Prust is +13
Prust has 81 penalty minutes, and took 7, yes, 7 fights by himself so his teammates could stick to playing hockey.
Prust is on pace for a 202 hits season in an 82 games schedule.
Prust has 4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points in 25 games, and is on pace for almost 30 points.
Prust is one of the forwards on the team with the most blocked shots.
Prust is one of, if not THE most used player by Therrien on the PK.

To downplay Prust's role to the one of utility player for this team this season is ridiculous. His contribution are going way past the grit and the fighting part of the game. He's literally one of the most useful players on this team this season. You guys should ask those Rangers fans who said Prust was easily replacable this summer what they think about it nowadays.

He's a key contributor on this team. If he's only out for one week, I'm relieved.

I didn't read the rest of the thread but I agree with you, Prust is a huge part of the team. Pleks line went downhill fast after Bourque left and we will see a similar effect if someone doesn't step up and fill the grinder/forechecking role. Prust creates a pile of space with his efforts and he creates chaos when he comes late and crashes the net. Gallagher is awesome but I don't see him doing it all by himself.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Agreed, but maybe Therrien needed a short term fix. Perhaps he juggles the lineup tomorrow, and then they have a few days to come up with alternative lines if the Prust injury is serious. I hope he returns quickly, I have enjoyed watching him play this year.

I expect the player who will find himself in the Top 9 will be Moen. The fourth line will be Dumont, White and Armstrong.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Yanno, there is nothing in the world I like better, than being proved wrong. I was sure old "six goals" was gonna have a porous third.... just shows to go ya...:D

PricePkPatch*

So the strategy is:
1 period-play hard, try to get a lead
2 period-rest the whole team, hope that Price will be enough to keep them somewhat in
3 period-come out fresh and dominate

good point. But I personally also believe it keeps Price active and awake. If you dominate 3 periods, he might become rusty.

Make him steal a period per game, and he'll be in perfect shape when comes the Playoffs :naughty:

PricePkPatch*

By the way, I ain't seen anybody commenting on Dumont's first NHL outing. What did you guys think?

Loved him on the 4th line. He looks aggressive and energetic. Seems to but into our game culture. Hope he will remain with us.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
By the way, I ain't seen anybody commenting on Dumont's first NHL outing. What did you guys think?

Loved him on the 4th line. He looks aggressive and energetic. Seems to but into our game culture. Hope he will remain with us.

liked what I saw of the kid, dont think he was all that great but considering it's his first nhl game this year he did good.

also, MT sure isnt afraid of using the youngsters as he could have easily played Kaberle and White instead of Dumont and Patteryn.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Sure Prust has been a beast, but we should be able to manage for the 1/2 weeks he is out. I've learned this about this team.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If it's only 1 week than he'll only miss 2 or 3 games, not bad at all. The only game that should be really tough out of those is Ottawa. Florida and New Jersey are games we should win with or without Prust.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Sure Prust has been a beast, but we should be able to manage for the 1/2 weeks he is out. I've learned this about this team.

It's clear they will want to win some games for him. And it's clear he won't stop giving them **** if they crumble because he's not there!

I'm not too worried. Moen can actually do a bit of what Prust is doing, he did it before. It's time he jumps in and does it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->