Back in first place!

Analyzer*

Is it just me, or even with 3 points I didn't particularly like Ryder's game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Recognition that Gionta's maybe more than a 4th liner after all?

I'm not feelin' it. He has his games, and tonight he played well in the third but he was a turd in the second. (incidentally: my stream was off for every single one of the goals he created, and I missed his two goal game earlier on this year too too) but he's definitely overpaid and kinda useless in Therrien's system.

RussCourtnall6

Mar 2, 2013
36 points after the first 25 games of the season... the best start the Habs have had in 30 years (37 points after 25 games in 1983)...

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
And this is what I'm talking about when mentioning how he's become a bit overated. I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Prust, but the way you guys are talking it's as if he should be nominated for the Hart trophy. His impact is NOT that great. We can survive his loss.

I don't overestimate him. You underestimate him.

What he does is huge for this team. There's nobody else who can do it. You'll notice it sooner than later.

PricePkPatch*

Ryder 1st star - that was probably deserved. The man played a very aggressive and tough game; loved the way he rebounded after his subpar Carolina game

zx81

Aug 2, 2005

Really ???
Ryder was probably our best forward tonight along with Pleky and the Captain.
No doubt his best game with us this year.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
We will be ok without him for a little while, but we will really miss him against tough teams. But hey, some people dislike toughness, only skill matter to them.

Prust is pretty much the ultimate team player and if we lose him long term it makes sense to be upset. But we survived three weeks without Pacioretty, who is more important than Prust. We can live without him if we must.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

No one's really seeing him produce but he is. It's like the opposite with Gionta, where you see him hustle and nothing happens from it.

The Cole-Ryder trade was clearly contract related as Cole is a much more useful hockey presence but if Ryder keeps getting points that means we're scoring goals and that's good.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Glad someone said it... I hope he's not out for long if at all but we can survive a few games without him. This team doesn't rely on one player, especially not a utility man.

Prust is not a utility player.

+13, more goals than Galchenyuk and Eller.

He is an impact player for the Habs and we cannot afford to lose him to an injury.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Ryder already matched the points Cole had with the Habs this season in 6 games.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Price bashers should chill out.. There is nothing he could do on the goals scored against..

? I don't think anybody actually blame price.

at least quote the posts you're reading because it's frustrating to read similar posts when they're not remotely accurate.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I seriously can't stand Gaston Therrien

Obligatory Gaston Therrien victory pic:

BDgEqMUCEAEBrNM.jpg

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Darche said he would take Desharnais/Gallagher over a guy like Andrei Kostitsyn any day of the week.

Cannot disagree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad