Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The only people taking notice are the usual fanboy haters that do it endlessly throughout the season- one big yawn.
I'm a fan of the team, not a cheerleader for the coach. all I ask is he implements an effective system and motivates players to perform as best as they can in order to hopefully win in the playoffs. why would you want less?

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
He never has his players back. Crosby in town and he couldn't contain himself talking about how great he is. He never talks up his own players. Keeps saying they need to learn to be pros. Guess what babs that's on you

Reactions: Trawna Phan

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The 2008 Red Wings were the best team since the lockout, and I don't even think it's up for debate. They owned the puck on the ice like no other team of this era, but that's besides the point. If Babcock tryed to match lines more and utilized his players ice time from top to bottom like basically every other team did then call me crazy but I think we would be even better. Also though let's not forget it's been 2 games and I think we'll all be fine by the end of this week.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The only people taking notice are the usual fanboy haters that do it endlessly throughout the season- one big yawn.
what's a "fanboy hater?"

I mean I know of Babcock fanboys who literally cling to his every word and defend every one of his decisions, but I didn't know you could fanboy over him and hate him at the same time.

Reactions: ToMaLe

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The 2003 Ducks were terrible and went to game 7 of the finals,

Giguere was something else that season, but yes Babcock used to be a very good coach. I don't believe he is anymore, but I also don't think he's the worst, he is just too set in his ways I think.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The 2008 Red Wings were the best team since the lockout, and I don't even think it's up for debate. They owned the puck on the ice like no other team of this era, but that's besides the point. If Babcock tryed to match lines more and utilized his players ice from top to bottom like basically every other team did then call me crazy but I think we would be even better. Also though let's not forget it's been 2 games and I think we'll all be fine by the end of this week.
2010 Hawks say hi.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I'm a fan of the team, not a cheerleader for the coach. all I ask is he implements an effective system and motivates players to perform as best as they can in order to hopefully win in the playoffs. why would you want less?

Didn't say that I wanted less. I think that he is a great coach and is perfect for this team. We are still at least two to three years away from seriously challenging for the Stanley Cup, I can wait.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Didn't say that I wanted less. I think that he is a great coach and is perfect for this team. We are still at least two to three years away from seriously challenging for the Stanley Cup, I can wait.
how much better do you think this roster is going to get? you're going to be disappointed

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
saying it's bipolar makes it sound like people switch back and forth between thinking he's a good coach and a bad one. that's not the case. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his coaching ability. he's been pretty consistently underwhelming, and it's making people take greater notice of it the longer it goes

The team starts 6-1 and everything, or most things are hunky dory.

2 straight losses and suddenly 2/3 of the roster and the entire management team are bad at their jobs.

It can mainly be chalked up to over analyzing things. It makes GDT’s, PGT’s, and he first 10 pages of any transaction thread garbage to read, and I’m not necessarily innocent of it myself.

The best posts on this board are the ones where the poster has sat back and looked at a subject and gave an honest, fair and CALM perspective on said subject. Not everyone needs to agree with each other, and negatives are certainly worth discussing, but the instant analysis stuff on our board is downright cringy.

Threads like this for example, created in the heat of a disappointing loss, existing only to vent frustration or to rile up that frustration in others. Referring to another human as a “pet”. Asking what is needed to get a change at coaching on a team that has won 55 of their last 90 regular season games, not getting any points in just 28 of those games.

Now I’m not against the theory that a great team can require a change of coaching. I had the same theory about Dwayne Casey, who lost his job after a franchise record season and winning coach of the year, but that didn’t mean much because after 5-6 seasons with essentially the same core, the team couldn’t get past the hump. They never truly competed.

In this case it’s been just two full seasons with part of this core and the Leafs top 4 players have never played a single game together yet.

I’m not saying Babcock at some point won’t need to be replaced, however there’s nothing to base that conclusion on as of yet. At the end of the 19-20 season and the team hasn’t had any playoff success (say a trip to round 3 in the next two seasons) then sure, you have to look at making the change.

Now? It’s an insane suggestion

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
what's a "fanboy hater?"

I mean I know of Babcock fanboys who literally cling to his every word and defend every one of his decisions, but I didn't know you could fanboy over him and hate him at the same time.

Fans of hating, just for the sake of hating Babcock no matter what he does. It's all so tedious.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leafs are one of the hardest working teams in the league, thats a Babcock thing. Also, teams are now trying to trap the Leafs in the neutral zone, thats how effective babcocks systems are.You dont pay enough attention to on and off the ice ...

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The team has gotten better every year he’s been coach. He’s a good coach but sometimes you have a bad game.

We would win more if our bottom 6 wasn’t glacially cold, the top 6 couldn’t carry us forever.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I will ask this once, this question usually stumps the person when asked ...

How was babcock out coached?
I’ll bite. In the last two games the opponent coaches have figured out a way to stop the Leaf’s system of stretch passes by clogging up the neutral zone and taking time and space away from Leaf players. They’ve watched video and out coached him. What adjustments has Babcock made to his system? I haven’t seen any. How do Kadri and Connor frikken Brown have a greater TOI than Tavares? His team is lacking intensity, and although some of that is on the players, it’s the coach’s job to get them ready to play. He’s overrated as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad