Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He never has his players back. Crosby in town and he couldn't contain himself talking about how great he is. He never talks up his own players. Keeps saying they need to learn to be pros. Guess what babs that's on you
Gotta keep it in context! He has complimented his players ,just don't want the young potential stars to get swelled heads!

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
He's one of the better old school coaches of all time; but "old" is the key word. I mean, he refers to the analytics department as "the science project" lol. He's amazing at creating a winning culture and getting buy-in, but he hasn't proven very adept at adapting (either from a micro or macro perspective). I wouldn't mind a Dubas like coach replacing him, though I do think we can potentially win with him at the helm.

Reactions: weems

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He never has his players back. Crosby in town and he couldn't contain himself talking about how great he is. He never talks up his own players. Keeps saying they need to learn to be pros. Guess what babs that's on you
maybe because Crosby is pretty dam good and all he hears is MATHEWS WANTS 12 MILL MARNER wants 8 NYLANDER wants 8 .
actually I think hes the only rational 1 of them all
hes is a champion coach ,none of his guys except hainsey has won anything

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I’ll bite. In the last two games the opponent coaches have figured out a way to stop the Leaf’s system of stretch passes by clogging up the neutral zone and taking time and space away from Leaf players. They’ve watched video and out coached him. What adjustments has Babcock made to his system? I haven’t seen any. How do Kadri and Connor frikken Brown have a greater TOI than Tavares? His team is lacking intensity, and although some of that is on the players, it’s the coach’s job to get them ready to play. He’s overrated as a coach.

I already posted above the other teams are trapping and clogging the neutral zone now. Leafs will counter with the dump and chase.

average ice time so far this season, forwards...
  • 18:52 ~ tavares
  • 18:52 ~ Marner
  • 18:32 ~ Matthews
  • ~
  • ~
  • 15:42 ~ Kadri
  • 14:32 ~ brown
Have yet to see a babcock team not work hard out there, always hustling, even the tank year

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I already posted above the other teams are trapping and clogging the neutral zone now. Leafs will counter with the dump and chase.

average ice time so far this season, forwards...
  • 18:52 ~ tavares
  • 18:52 ~ Marner
  • 18:32 ~ Matthews
  • ~
  • ~
  • 15:42 ~ Kadri
  • 14:32 ~ brown

So he wanted to prove giving Connor Brown 18m is a losing strategy? Mission accomplished???

Reactions: hotpaws

Mar 26, 2010
he won a cup a decade ago, but the league is different now. The onus is on him to prove he can adapt. Right now he's showing that he can't.
The NHL has changed a lot in the last decade! There is no doubting that. I am not ready to throw Babcock to the wolves yet. He has a young, fast, speedy team that needs to be playing an offence first game. He needs to take the leash off his skilled players, and let them play their game.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
So he wanted to prove giving Connor Brown 18m is a losing strategy? Mission accomplished???
It looks like he spread out the even strength minutes between the 3 lines, and brown had a lot of special team minutes, 5 mins. Did you really need me to show you this.?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It looks like he spread out the even strength minutes between the 3 lines, and brown had a lot of special team minutes, 5mins i think. Did you really need me to show you this.?

No, it's a running gag, but Kadri is saddled with 4th liners or worse. It's hot his fault. Kadri is not a line driver, he needs a good player with him or he sucks, always been the way. We simply haven't given Kadri anything to work with. Have you noticed the lack of creativity on the part of Brown and Lindy? It's bad.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Um yes he does. Just the wrong ones

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
No, it's a running gag, but Kadri is saddled with 4th liners or worse. It's hot his fault. Kadri is not a line driver, he needs a good player with him or he sucks, always been the way. We simply haven't given Kadri anything to work with. Have you noticed the lack of creativity on the part of Brown and Lindy? It's bad.

Kadri role has been defensive the last couple years, he is going to get stuck with defensive minded wingers. He should get Kappy once Willie signs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kadri role has been defensive the last couple years, he is going to get stuck with defensive minded wingers. He should get Kappy once Willie signs.

I hope he gets Leivo and William and if that doesn't work, Kappy but you're right, it will be Kappy.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
2kl6ma.jpg

Mar 26, 2010
Regardless of how bad Babcock is, he is not getting fired. Even if the team misses the playoffs for the next five years straight, he is still not getting canned.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Kadri Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Tavares Marner

Rotate those two lines the last 5 minutes of the game.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Regardless of how bad Babcock is, he is not getting fired. Even if the team misses the playoffs for the next five years straight, he is still not getting canned.

If that happened, yes he is.

Don't be fooled. If he can't get along with Auston, he will be gone. Obviously, we are a long way from it coming to that, but don't kid yourself, if the team tanked, if Auston was so pissed at Babcock that he didn't want to play in Toronto anymore, Babcock would be gone.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Mar 26, 2010
If that happened, yes he is.

Don't be fooled. If he can't get along with Auston, he will be gone. Obviously, we are a long way from it coming to that, but don't kid yourself, if the team tanked, if Auston was so pissed at Babcock that he didn't want to play in Toronto anymore, Babcock would be gone.
I doubt this. I think Matthews will be shipped out first before Babcock gets fired. Hoping it does not come down to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad