Sportsnet: Babcock not happy with refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Best 2 way center we have bud. I could care less what tsn and you think. Tsn sucks. They have 5 channels all playing the same ****. So what do they have to talk about. I think their budget is small and insignificant.

Just like their broadcasters.

Best since we had since Bozak was hurt... ?

You are the first to sign the letter then?

Good luck.

Btw, probably about 73 penalties that weren't called tonight so far. Sticks on pads, one hand off the stick and on the player, probably some on ice unsportsmanlike chirps, some line changes looked a little generous that could have been too many men if we want to be literal.

Bloody hell refs, can't you call a perfect game?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hence his reputation. Which was TSN's point.

So now they know what they are talking about since you just agreed with them?

Man i hope all rookies next year hate him by mid season too. If he doesn't get a tripping call where he lets himself go down, no biggie. He will absolutely crush one of their skill players ( who are usually bigger)and have them all gunning for him and taking penalties.

His game in drawing penalties is diverse. I could care less about your moaning and tsn is a rag network.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I picked it up right away and knew his angle instantly. Its absurd obsession.

Well, the list of people with an absurd obsession yesterday included:

Naylor, Landsberg, Ferraro, Hayes, Mark Masters, Jeff Blair… well geez, the list goes on and on.

If there was a Kadri thread, I'd even add Glenn Healy into the mix yesterday who said he doesn't think Kadri is a "Babcock guy"… says he doesn't work hard enough.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/glenn-healy-nazem-kadri-not-mike-babcock-guy/

But I can save that one for another thread.

Absurd, eh? Hockey guys talking about hockey related issues? And then here we go talking about hockey related issues on a hockey related forum based on the story of the day… which was Kadri embellishing and now not getting calls. Absurd.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Best 2 way center we have bud. I could care less what tsn and you think. Tsn sucks. They have 5 channels all playing the same ****. So what do they have to talk about. I think their budget is small and insignificant.

Just like their broadcasters.

Yer talking outta yer back side, TSN is the largest sports broadcaster in Canada their revenues are well over $400 million each year.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Best since we had since Bozak was hurt... ?

You are the first to sign the letter then?

Good luck.

Btw, probably about 73 penalties that weren't called tonight so far. Sticks on pads, one hand off the stick and on the player, probably some on ice unsportsmanlike chirps, some line changes looked a little generous that could have been too many men if we want to be literal.

Bloody hell refs, can't you call a perfect game?

There must be some sort of bias why refs are letting so many calls go .... C'mon ref's stop yer bias and call a perfect game!!!

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That guy is a ****ing joke why bother even taljing hockey with him. The reason he started the tbread was a sneaky way to bash kadri.

Two points

1) You refereed to Kadri before I did, in my OP there was no mention of Kadri, its was about Babcock. the thread just happened to go in the direction of Kadri.

2) Why so angry?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, the list of people with an absurd obsession yesterday included:

Naylor, Landsberg, Ferraro, Hayes, Mark Masters, Jeff Blair… well geez, the list goes on and on.

If there was a Kadri thread, I'd even add Glenn Healy into the mix yesterday who said he doesn't think Kadri is a "Babcock guy"… says he doesn't work hard enough.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/glenn-healy-nazem-kadri-not-mike-babcock-guy/

But I can save that one for another thread.

Absurd, eh? Hockey guys talking about hockey related issues? And then here we go talking about hockey related issues on a hockey related forum based on the story of the day… which was Kadri embellishing and now not getting calls. Absurd.

Yeah exactly. Who cares really. If leafs tv just put all their games on their own network along with all Marlies games i wouldn't even care about tsn.

I watch the games for the hockey. The network speculation and over tslk about the leafs in for ratings. Junk rag comparable. Tsn has 5 channels of redundant same garbage.

Healy was chiming in too! Wow colour me shocked. Whatever dude. As long as naz gets us powerplays i don't care what anyone thinks.

More here. Seems babcock thinks he is pretty good. Last paragraph http://m.torontosun.com/2016/03/28/leafs-sign-free-agent-goalie-kasimir-kaskisuo

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I didn't see the play, can't be every where at all times but thanks for thinking I'm omnipotent.

A cheat is a cheat, when Babcock's minuses start to out weigh his positives (Like Kadri currently) we can dump him too.

so let me ask you this

was it cheating when referees gave Gretzky, Lemieux, and Crosby a wee bit of extra protection early in their careers, by calling the opposition for looking in their general direction?

the game has all kind's of slant's, sudden turns and highly questionable calls, which have gone on since the games early days

There is still a reputation in Montreal for home-cookin, that rep goes well back to the early fifties, when referees worried about their safety leaving the forum and so called the game accordingly, those cups at the end of the fifties had a lot to do with the talent assembled, but the road to those wins was littered with head scratching PP's

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yeah exactly. Who cares really. If leafs tv just put all their games on their own network along with all Marlies games i wouldn't even care about tsn.

I watch the games for the hockey. The network speculation and over tslk about the leafs in for ratings. Junk rag comparable. Tsn has 5 channels of redundant same garbage.

Healy was chiming in too! Wow colour me shocked. Whatever dude. As long as naz gets us powerplays i don't care what anyone thinks.

More here. Seems babcock thinks he is pretty good. Last paragraph http://m.torontosun.com/2016/03/28/leafs-sign-free-agent-goalie-kasimir-kaskisuo

Leafs TV - could be the ultimate source for clearly unbiased information.

No conflict of interest there.

TSN has some conflict there what with their parent company paying billions for broadcast rights.... piddly small market junk rag outfit. At least there is some appearance of objectivity.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
so let me ask you this

was it cheating when referees gave Gretzky, Lemieux, and Crosby a wee bit of extra protection early in their careers, by calling the opposition for looking in their general direction?

the game has all kind's of slant's, sudden turns and highly questionable calls, which have gone on since the games early days

There is still a reputation in Montreal for home-cookin, that rep goes well back to the early fifties, when referees worried about their safety leaving the forum and so called the game accordingly, those cups at the end of the fifties had a lot to do with the talent assembled, but the road to those wins was littered with head scratching PP's

Yup no doubt there is a human element to hockey and officiating but condoning cheating to win is wrong, not implying you are saying that BTW.

Refs don't target Kadri so the Leafs lose, they target Kadri because he's demonstrated a willful and unique ability to manipulate the truth. If Kadri plays teh game clean he gets the calls he deserves to get. He plays a greasy game, he wont get the calls.

I don't like when Gallagher bangs into our goalie and looks all school boy surprised when he's lying the blue paint after bumping our goalie out of position, acting like has never been there before. The same goes if one of our players pull a Gallagher. I apply the same standard of fair play to anyone else on the team, Nylander starts flipping and flopping around like Kadri, I'll want him gone too.

I watch hockey to see skilled athletes play a tough game, I don't watch it to see skilled actors pretend they are shot by a cannon anytime a stiff breeze floats by them.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

TSN has some conflict there what with their parent company paying billions for broadcast rights.... piddly small market junk rag outfit. At least there is some appearance of objectivity.

Look at you using logic and common sense...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Unbiased wow. Is there such a thing. I'll keep my senses open for that.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/03/28/leafs-sign-free-agent-goalie-kasimir-kaskisuo

Babcock says last papagraph kadri is one of his best players. You say Healy says kadri is not his type of player because he doesn't work hard enough.

Control yourself from posting stuff that gives away your bias bud. What other little gems do you have from healy quotes?

Most of this board can't stand him on every time he opens his mouth.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
http://m.torontosun.com/2016/03/28/leafs-sign-free-agent-goalie-kasimir-kaskisuo

Babcock says last papagraph kadri is one of his best players. You say Healy says kadri is not his type of player because he doesn't work hard enough.

Control yourself from posting stuff that gives away your bias bud. What other little gems do you have from healy quotes?

Most of this board can't stand him on every time he opens his mouth.

Did Healey really say that? :laugh: I almost always watch the games and skip the intermissions and sports news etc., on one hand this reminds me of why I do that, on the other hand, it sounds like I'm missing out on some pretty funny stuff.

Kadri doesn't work hard indeed. :laugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

On a team that as bad as the Leafs are, to be the best player is not really a difficult accomplishment. 28th in goals per game, 23rd in goals against, 29th on the PP, 22nd on the PK, dead last in the league in points, we have a 3rd liner leading the team in goals. To put Babcock's comment into context, in the 99 year history of the Leafs no player has ever scored as few points as Kadri is on pace to score in a full season and lead the Leafs in scoring. That is how poor the talent pool is on this team. Kadri currently Leafs the Leafs in scoring.

To be the best of a dogs lunch, is not really anything special to bark about.

Its called context.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Did Healey really say that? :laugh: I almost always watch the games and skip the intermissions and sports news etc., on one hand this reminds me of why I do that, on the other hand, it sounds like I'm missing out on some pretty funny stuff.

Kadri doesn't work hard indeed. :laugh:

Link is above Gary.

You have to click on it. With the mouse.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
On a team that as bad as the Leafs are, to be the best player is not really a difficult accomplishment. 28th in goals per game, 23rd in goals against, 29th on the PP, 22nd on the PK, dead last in the league in points, we have a 3rd liner leading the team in goals. To put Babcock's comment into context, in the 99 year history of the Leafs no player has ever scored as few points as Kadri is on pace to score in a full season and lead the Leafs in scoring. That is how poor the talent pool is on this team. Kadri currently Leafs the Leafs in scoring.

Its called context.

121st in points too.

Woot.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Its called context.

But he'll rack 'em up next year, after he works on his Jason Blake shot, at 26 years old.......

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
But he'll rack 'em up next year, after he works on his Jason Blake shot, at 26 years old.......

Right once he gets to play with the better players, then we will see our superstar blossom...

He can flip and flop so the better players can do their thing on the PP...while he watches from the bench. ;)

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Right once he gets to play with the better players, then we will see our superstar blossom...

He can flip and flop so the better players can do their thing on the PP...while he watches from the bench. ;)

And what happens if Kadri plays with a winger (or two) for the vast majority of the season who is actually capable of outscoring him?

It hasn't happened yet throughout his tenure here.

Bozak (and I use him because he is a Leaf center, specifically) has had at least 3 (Kessel, Lupul, JVR) for multiple seasons. Usually at the same time.

If Kadri has that kind of support, his production will rise. If he keeps playing with 30 point wingers, it's going to be tough to constantly drag them along offensively. Same as it would for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln