Sportsnet: Babcock not happy with refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Absolutely how could I ever think Nazeem "Choir boy" Kadri wouldl ever do something greasy like a dive. After all he has been a model citizen since he came to the big's.

I'm the only person who thinks Naz is a diver.

Nazem Kadri has become Maple Leafs' supervillain
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/e...come-maple-leafs--supervillain-102353017.html

Nazem Kadri may be earning reputation with officials
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nazem-kadri-may-earning-reputation-officials/

You have nothing ......

Calling him a cheater and aqusing him of lacking integrity...is a joke.

Mindless hate.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You have nothing ......

Calling him a cheater and aqusing him of lacking integrity...is a joke.

Mindless hate.

Dicey, you wouldn't believe the "mindless hate" those TSN guys were spewing on the drive home today.

Talking about Kadri and how despite not being fined, embellishes.

How it's caught up to him.

How's it up to him to change his rep.

And how Babcock is "working the politics" here hoping to influence future calls.

All the stuff said in this thread.

All that mindless hate on air. Can you believe it? Get yourself a copy and write the CRTC.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Clearly you don't understand my position.

Over the last 5 games something has changed in the way refs call plays vs Kadri. I'm speculating that the refs got a memo that showed a number of players embellishing, acting or plain out cheating to draw penalties.

When these videos go out, they don't show that player in just one incident, they take multiple incidents that show how certain players try draw penalties in a manipulative fashion.

Multiple videos of Kadri fooling refs, if you are ref and you see your name on that video as one of the refs that were fooled, how does that make you feel towards that player? If your buddy is a ref and you see your friend getting fooled then used as an example in front of his peers on how not to get fooled, how do you think you would feel? I don't like that Kadri has built such an acrimonious relationship with the refs but that is the bed Kadri made.

You don't see the refs doing this to Bozak, Gardnier, Rielly, Nylander, *****, etc.. that is because they have done nothing to deserve this extreme reaction. How many times does a player have to do greasy things to get this kind reaction from the refs?

In the end Kadri has to man up to his actions and rebuild his relationship with refs.

If ya gotta cheat to win, did you really prove your a winner or a cheater?

Babcock tried to cheat the Ref when he put Kadri on to take a faceoff when Nylander was tired.

I didn't hear you chirp about that.

I mean you are above cheating in Hockey. We should also get rid of Babcock too right? He's dishonest.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't think anyone would argue that Kadri has NEVER eiso, but people have hero actually show anything that he does so any MORE than others around the league.

A handful of open pieces isn't exactly proof - it's more subjective opinion.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Babcock tried to cheat the Ref when he put Kadri on to take a faceoff when Nylander was tired.

I mean you are above cheating in Hockey. We should also get rid of Babcock too right? He's dishonest.

Keeping Robidas on the LTR or trading a perfectly healthy Clarkson for Horton, a plaer who will never play professional hockey again are also hardly "honourable", yet people don't seem too upset at that.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Keeping Robidas on the LTR or trading a perfectly healthy Clarkson for Horton, a plaer who will never play professional hockey again are also hardly "honourable", yet people don't seem too upset at that.

The most mind boggling thing in this entire debate is that people are upset that a Leafs player gives his team a man advantage more than any other player in the NHL.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
What better way to send a message to Naz than to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Refs are people, just like any one else, they take people trying to manipulate them in a personal way, they take pride in getting their calls right. After every game the NHL will send a"pack" of bad and good calls to the refs for them to review before their next game.

If your constantly seeing the same guy over and over again in the embellishment category, when that guy falls to the ice you will be less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt. the old saying about you made your bed now sleep in it is apt for Naz in this circumstance.

Naz needs to rebuild the trust of the refs if he wishes to get those calls again. Lets see in our next game if Babs calling out the refs has any impact.

But is that actually the case? Lately the calls have dried up and Kadri's been trying to force things (dive) but for much of the past two years -- in which he's lead the league in drawn calls -- I don't believe it has been. Does he embellish? Yeah, sure. It's not a stretch to say he's the best in the league at that: Taking illegal contact and ensuring a penalty results from it. How often, though, over the past two years, has Kadri actually 'embarrassed' the officials? Most times the call looks legit, even if the opposing player feels otherwise. As long as that remains the case, it feels as if the league is punishing Kadri simply for drawing too many penalties.

I know it is somewhat beside the point your trying to make, but it is worth mentioning that icing call was farcical.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I didn't see the play, can't be every where at all times but thanks for thinking I'm omnipotent.

A cheat is a cheat, when Babcock's minuses start to out weigh his positives (Like Kadri currently) we can dump him too.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

You know that Robidas is healthy or you "know" Robidas is healthy. You should probably contact the NHL with your special knowledge, they would want to know this info.

How is trading for Horton dishonorable?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The most mind boggling thing in this entire debate is that people are upset that a Leafs player gives his team a man advantage more than any other player in the NHL.

LOL, that is some fantastic literary gymnastics you did there... how did you do that twist of reality so easily?

Kadri is a cheat and the refs have put him on notice, he has one embellishment to his name and if he get one more the fines will start.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I didn't see the play, can't be every where at all times but thanks for thinking I'm omnipotent.

A cheat is a cheat, when Babcock's minuses start to out weigh his positives (Like Kadri currently) we can dump him too.

:laugh: That's awesome. Pure comedy gold. :biglaugh:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
LOL, that is some fantastic literary gymnastics you did there... how did you do that twist of reality so easily?

Kadri is a cheat and the refs have put him on notice, he has one embellishment to his name and if he get one more the fines will start.

Do have the lotto numbers for this week?

Thanks.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No more than anyone else in the league. Everyone who plays the game has tried to 'sell' a call before. Not quite the same as embellishing.

Kadri is just simply the best in the business at drawing legit penalties. As a Leafs fan you should be happy about that, instead painting it as an illegitimate shortcoming.

That guy is a ****ing joke why bother even taljing hockey with him. The reason he started the tbread was a sneaky way to bash kadri.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I can't wait to see the letter written to the CRTC regarding the blind hate.

Those TSN former players don't know what they are talking about.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dicey, you wouldn't believe the "mindless hate" those TSN guys were spewing on the drive home today.

Talking about Kadri and how despite not being fined, embellishes.

How it's caught up to him.

How's it up to him to change his rep.

And how Babcock is "working the politics" here hoping to influence future calls.

All the stuff said in this thread.

All that mindless hate on air. Can you believe it? Get yourself a copy and write the CRTC.

Best 2 way center we have bud. I could care less what tsn and you think. Tsn sucks. They have 5 channels all playing the same ****. So what do they have to talk about. I think their budget is small and insignificant.

Just like their broadcasters.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Best 2 way center we have bud. I could care less what tsn and you think. Tsn sucks. They have 5 channels all playing the same ****. So what do they have to talk about. I think their budget is small and insignificant.

Just like their broadcasters.

TSN also went on to say all players embellish.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I can't wait to see the letter written to the CRTC regarding the blind hate.

Those TSN former players don't know what they are talking about.

Heyyy i thought this thread was about Babcock???? You and your sideshow are in here causing **** yapping about kadri again i see. What a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad