GDT: Avs vs Wild | 8 PM MT | February 28th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why would Roy or McLeod get fined?

I think Landy and Roy could get fined for that little swat at Koivu from the bench.

Kerry Fraser previously tweeted that McLeod wouldn't get any discipline because Coyle challenged him so it's not an instigator. He deleted his tweet now, so that's not a good sign.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 10m10 minutes ago
Hearing very likely #avs coach Patrick Roy, captain Gabriel Landeskog and forward Cody McLeod will all be fined for actions in #mnwild game

I hope he is wrong... otherwise it will be more wine for everybody!!

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Well, for our players It was they where upset that Minni gooned it up regarding multiple slashing all game and the Mack head butt and no calls

Worst officiating in awhile, what does the nhl need to see to change?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Did I miss something from Roy? Why would he get fined? Mind you, I wouldn't have minded Roy doing something crazy to send a message but I guess McLeod did enough.

umdieecke*

Well, for our players It was they where upset that Minni gooned it up regarding multiple slashing all game and the Mack head butt and no calls

Worst officiating in awhile, what does the nhl need to see to change?

It's "playoff hockey". Nothing to see here. Please move along.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
In response to why Roy and McLeod would be fined, there is a rule against fighting in the last 5m of a game. Not sure of the exact specifics of the rule though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think you can take an instigator in the last 5 minutes, however I don't think McLeod got one anyway.

Yea that's what Kerry Fraser's argument was for why he wouldn't receive discipline when someone asked him on twitter. He's removed that now though. :huh:

Feels like the league is trying to find some way around that so they can punish McLeod.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Against the Wild there is.

Lol, they're speculating that it's because Roy lost to them in the 2003 playoffs and still holds a grudge against them. Well, I guess if that's their proudest moment as a hockey club it would make sense to think that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't think that is an accurate comparison at all though. Not only was the depth better, but look how many assets Quebec had to make the team better. Our only trade chip is ROR, whom we aren't going to trade. Plus, the star players from that Quebec team are way better than these Avs. Not even close. Just don't see the comparison at all.

Just wanted to touch on this from earlier.

The comparison isn't about the talent level the Nordiques had back then compared to what the Avs have right now (roster players + prospects). The comparison is where each team is at in terms of development of the core group of each team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Oh yeah and about last night's game, I only have one thing to say :

Anyone who believes we should trade Tyson Barrie is just plain out of their minds. He was phenomenal last night.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Oh yeah and about last night's game, I only have one thing to say :

Anyone who believes we should trade Tyson Barrie is just plain out of their minds. He was phenomenal last night.

He's a very, very creative player with the puck. I confess I had a few beers last night, and watched his physical play in the 3rd period and had to shake my head and do a double take. :)

I will say this though - if he keeps doing that spinorama thing skating at high speed through neutral ice, someone is going to time/position is correctly and lay him out badly. Turning your back to the play while you're skating into the play is dangerous. The move is nice, but I hope he doesn't overdo it, else he's going to be scouted. And then hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad