GDT: Avs vs Wild | 8 PM MT | February 28th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
All I have to say is that was a great game. Yes, our boys lost, but it was nice to see the fight in them again. That's playoff hockey right there.

What I love even more is this budding rivalry. about 80% of my family is from/lives in either Minnesota or North Dakota, and they're all Wild fans. If the Avs realize their potential and play every game like they played last night, then it's going to make for some very fun familial trash talk.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
that's why I love McLeod. The wild talking about how classless our team is as if they have done nothing. Lets remember what one of your players did to one of our best defencemen (barrie) and now the wild our playing the victim card. Give me a break. At least they now know that we have players that can stir **** up as well.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
that's why I love McLeod. The wild talking about how classless our team is as if they have done nothing. Lets remember what one of your players did to one of our best defencemen (barrie) and now the wild our playing the victim card. Give me a break. At least they now know that we have players that can stir **** up as well.

[mod]

Though Barrie's not our best bro, he's definitely second behind EJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

The most annoying thing to me about the Wild is this saint like attitude they have. Like they never do anything wrong, and get totally abused by the officials and the other team.

Yeo whines to the officials literally after every penalty. He whines about plays after every game. Now we're seeing comments to the same effect from their players. Meanwhile we're going on game 10 in a row or so of Wild players making cheap/dirty plays agains Avalanche players.

Not just the Cooke hit on Barrie either, it's most of their team. Niederreiter, Prosser, Coyle, Haula, Cooke, Koivu, and Brodziak have all made dirty little plays against the Avs in the past, and now you can add Bergenheim to the list for his high head shot.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It was a light tap after Koivu said something. Swedes and Finns, cats and dogs. He probably shouldn't have, but it's hardly a moral outrage worthy issue.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The most annoying thing to me about the Wild is this saint like attitude they have. Like they never do anything wrong, and get totally abused by the officials and the other team.

Yeo whines to the officials literally after every penalty. He whines about plays after every game. Now we're seeing comments to the same effect from their players. Meanwhile we're going on game 10 in a row or so of Wild players making cheap/dirty plays agains Avalanche players.

Not just the Cooke hit on Barrie either, it's most of their team. Niederreiter, Proser, Coyle, Haula, Cooke, Koivu, and Brodziak have all made dirty little plays against the Avs in the past, and now you can add Bergenheim to the list for his high head shot.

I honestly think the saint-like attitude you're referring to comes from them being the NHL team in the "state of hockey." It somehow gives them this undeserved arrogance that comes through in their interviews. But that's just my opinion, of course.

umdieecke*

The wild is an example of a team that's propped up by the leagues unwillingness to promote skill over scrubs. This part of the NHL is what props up teams like LA and Boston too. The Blackhawks have won in spite of the league (including it's punishments and how it officiates) favoring most other teams.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somehow I doubt a player is dumb enough to lead with his head into a hit

I'm not saying he would have intentionally head butted him, but if his head is what made contact with MacKinnon's nose (I don't think anybody has a clear sightline on whether it was an elbow, head, or shoulder) then he lead with his head.

If it was so easy to accidentally hit a player in the face with your head on a proper shoulder to shoulder hit, then we'd see guys get broken noses this way all the time.

MacKinnon's only slightly hunched over and is about 6'1" now while Bergenheim is 5'10" and both approached the hit and finished it with his arms up in the air and one foot off the ice because he's hitting upwards. He didn't make contact with the shoulder or the chest, he made contact purely to the head.

I don't know if it's suspension worthy since we rarely look at broken noses in hockey as an "injury", but it's not a good hit.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Sad reading Avs fans calling the Wild whiners while WHINING A LOT. We have a whiny fan base around here, what a shame!!!

We lost the game and McLeod pulled a bush league move, end of story!!!

The Parise comment was priceless, four games and we can't score a real goal!!! LOL!!!

Once again we give up a goal after a bad line change, and that's on Roy... it's bad coaching, just like the pathetic PP!

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Once again we give up a goal after a bad line change, and that's on Roy... it's bad coaching, just like the pathetic PP!

Avs have probably given up twice as many bad line change goals as the next worse team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Sad reading Avs fans calling the Wild whiners while WHINING A LOT. We have a whiny fan base around here, what a shame!!!

The Parise comment was priceless, four games and we can't score a real goal!!! LOL!!!

End of a fantasy story maybe. In reality the Avs are sick of seeing their players targeted with borderline to dirty hits in every game and no calls being made.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
End of a fantasy story maybe. In reality the Avs are sick of seeing their players targeted with borderline to dirty hits in every game and no calls being made.

Sure, anything that makes you feel better... but can we stop the whining now?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Yeah.....solidarity, who needs it.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 10m10 minutes ago
Hearing very likely #avs coach Patrick Roy, captain Gabriel Landeskog and forward Cody McLeod will all be fined for actions in #mnwild game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad