GDT: Avs vs Isles l What I Learned From The Mighty Ducks: Run The Score, Pop Your Collar

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If it's an in person hearing he's getting suspended, probably for quite a few games too.

I hope I'm wrong :(

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If it's an in person hearing he's getting suspended, probably for quite a few games too.

I hope I'm wrong :(
You won't be wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised with up to 5 games, after which we see similar slashes go unpunished.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Went to slash the stick, caught Nielsen's thumb instead, and he gets an in person hearing?

Even if it's only one game, Roy or Sakic need to publicly rip Shanahan a new one. This is ridiculous.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
You won't be wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised with up to 5 games, after which we see similar slashes go unpunished.

If this happens:
-We need to start figuring out why the NHL wants us to miss the playoffs
-We can count on another fine for Roy

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
This is honestly such a joke. There was no intent to injure, there was no injury, the refs called it a 2 minute minor, and it was during the play. What the hell.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If Nielsen has a serious injury I will concede that it could be warranted. I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the Islanders just called the league and said he has a broken hand is done for the season? I don't know. Seems strange.

There's been so many broken bones over the years as a result of slashes it's ridiculous, and they never get suspended. It's just part of the game. It's penalty and that's it.

It's not a head shot, it wasn't an intent to injure, he's trying to break up the play on the PK and he hit his finger tips. You can see it on the replay. It wasn't even on the wrist or hand, it was the damn finger tips. Hurts like hell, but it's not a suspension for christs sake.

It's a joke that they've gone so results oriented. If they suspend this because Nielsen broke his finger or something, than they are going to have to suspend every borderline play that results in an injury, and that's gonna be a long list.

Not to mention all the Pejorative Slured dangerous plays like Kadri's hit from behind and Hartnell's knee on MacKinnon go unpunished because there was no injury, and the players don't learn not to make plays like that.

I can't wait to hear what Shanny says in his video if he suspends EJ. "At 12:09 of the 3rd period an incident occurred. Erik Jonson makes a routine slash that hits the fingers of Frans Nielsen. We learned two days later that an injury occurred, but thanks to the Olympic break we have time to suspend the team I've sworn to screw over since taking this job."

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
How many games does it have to be before the Avs can appeal?

Someone tweet Shannahan that Hall video and ask how that isn't suspendable, but this is. Or Kessel's attempt to break Scott's ankle.

Seriously, this has to be a misunderstanding. Maybe EJ is still in New York from Saturday night or something.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
NHL rigged the lottery so we could pick the media darling Jones.

Will forever **** us since we didn't.

:sarcasm:

But seriously, how often do the Avs get the short end of the stick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad