GDT: Avs vs Isles l What I Learned From The Mighty Ducks: Run The Score, Pop Your Collar

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
collar-pop-coach-reilly-o.gif

Is this the Avs' "Secret Play"?
1e18b768839111e3a9720e7aedef815c_6.jpg

AVALANCHE (36-16-5) at ISLANDERS (22-29-8)​

TV: Altitude 2, MSG Plus

Last 10: Colorado 6-4-0; New York 3-6-1​

Season series: Colorado and New York meet for the second and final time Saturday night as both teams close out the pre-Olympic portion of their schedule on Long Island. The Islanders won Jan. 10 in Denver with Michael Grabner scoring the overtime winner in a 2-1 victory.

Big story: The Avalanche and Islanders are both coming off losses. Colorado opened 2014 with a 12-3-1 run but has lost two straight after opening a four-game road swing with a 2-1 overtime victory against the New Jersey Devils. The Islanders have lost six of their past seven and sit last in the Metropolitan Division.

Who's hot: In addition to his scoring streak, MacKinnon has six goals in his past nine games. Avalanche forward Ryan O'Reilly has 13 points in his past 13 games. … For the Islanders, forward Josh Bailey has points in two of his past three games.

Injury report: Forward Alex Tanguay (knee) is day to day for Colorado and defenseman Cory Sarich (back) and wing David Van Der Gulik (concussion) are on injured reserve. … Other than Hamonic, the Islanders are fielding a healthy roster.

Expected Lines (subject to change, will update when more info is released)​

:avs

O'Reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Landeskog-Stastny-Mitchell
Talbot-MacKinnon-Parenteau
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Hejda-Johnson
Holden-Barrie
Guenin-Benoit

Giguere (listed as confirmed started by Denver Post last night)
Varlamov

:isles

Vanek-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Bailey
McDonald-Nelson-Clutterbuck
Carkner-Cizikas-Martin

MacDonald-Strait
Hamonic-de Haan
Visnovsky-Hickey

Nabokov
Poulin​

Game Day Info found on ColoradoAvalanche.com Click Here

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Going to probably miss most of this game since we won this morning, but that's good news for you guys.

The games I miss average 7+ goals scored per game between both teams. Expect an offensive explosion. Probably from Stastny's line.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
What's going on with Tang.

My guess. Which could be totally wrong. His hip is still not right, and he tweaked his knee because he was compensating for it, or his stride was off.

Kind of the same with Forsberg's foot injuries, that would eventually cause pulled groins.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In November Duchene said "I'm the greatest goal scorer in the world".

In January Duchene said "I'm the greatest passer in the world".

Optimism. Pass it on.

member 116861

In November Duchene said "I'm the greatest goal scorer in the world".

In January Duchene said "I'm the greatest passer in the world".

Optimism. Pass it on.

Somebody needs to tell John Mitchell this.

"The Puck. Pass it on."

Edit: Damn, I was beat by Avs44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad