GDT: Avs vs Isles l What I Learned From The Mighty Ducks: Run The Score, Pop Your Collar

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
So does the in person hearing mean he's definitely being suspended? Puts a real dent in his Olympic vacation, I'm sure.

I never imagined he'd be suspended for that. It was dumb, but Nielson was right back out there a few minutes later.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Per NHL.com:

Colorado Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson will have an in-person hearing Tuesday with the NHL Department of Player Safety for a third-period slash on New York Islanders forward Frans Nielsen on Saturday night.

Nielsen was skating for a loose puck in the Avalanche's zone when Johnson slashed him on the wrists with 7:54 left in the third period. Johnson was given a two-minute penalty on the play.

The following grounds for the proposed supplemental discipline are being considered: slashing. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to these infractions accordingly upon further review.

Avalanche's Johnson to have in-person hearing

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
OMG. If he gets suspended for that, I will be livid. It was nothing. It happens multiple times a game.

In Person Hearing. WTF?

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
OMG. If he gets suspended for that, I will be livid. It was nothing. It happens multiple times a game.

In Person Hearing. WTF?

I'm with you. While it definitely was worth the penalty he was called for, it should not be suspension worthy...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Shoulda been a major tbh. But a suspension? Aren't in person's formalities? He's basically suspended, right?

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
This just doesn't make sense in any way. There's no way you can prove he was going for the hands instead of the stick and just missing.
There was no injury.
I will be pissed if he even gets a game let alone what usually comes with an in-person hearing. This is absurd

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Shoulda been a major tbh. But a suspension? Aren't in person's formalities? He's basically suspended, right?

I don't remember the last time someone had an in-person hearing and didn't get suspended. I always thought it meant automatic. The only reason they do in person is so they can do more than 5 games

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kadri can launch Ceci into the boards without anything and EJ get an in-person hearing for a slash?

Nazem_Kadri_Hits_Cody_Ceci_The_c9728dd47553aa7050547f7ae763e36a.gif

Justice is blindly stabbing in the dark.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I've got a feeling that Roy will have some choice words if EJ is suspended.

He won't make them public, my guess anyways.

After the McLeod suspension, and now this. Should the Avs request a moderator instead of Shanahan. Serious question. Roy and him don't have a great history.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How about this? This was way dirtier than a slash. When was the last time somebody got suspended for a slash? It happens every game. Shannahan is a friggin joke. He's making his bias against the Avs blatantly obvious at this point.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Has anyone ever been suspended for slashing? The only one I can find is Kessel's golf swing debacle.

IIRC A player from the Canuck got suspended for slashing M.Koivu. It was a light tap but he broke his leg.

Ohlund was the player, just seeing the replay again it wasn't light at all lol

member 116861

**** Shanahan.

This guy obviously has something against the Avs. I'm not one to usually yell conspiracy but this along with other incidents since Shanahan has taken over is ****ed up.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
If Nielsen has a serious injury I will concede that it could be warranted. I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the Islanders just called the league and said he has a broken hand is done for the season? I don't know. Seems strange.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Nielsen has a serious injury I will concede that it could be warranted. I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the Islanders just called the league and said he has a broken hand is done for the season? I don't know. Seems strange.

I'm guessing that's the case. It has to be for them to be demanding an in-person hearing to give themselves the option of a max penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad