GDT: Avs vs Hawks - 7PM MT - Emergency GDT - High Effort Edition

How many points does Byram get on the PP tonight?

Votes: 4 10.5%

Votes: 8 21.1%

Votes: 5 13.2%

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • All of them

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol Malgin in like a month and a half has surpassed Newhook on this team and probably factors more into their future plans than he does.

Unreal.

Anyways, Chicago stinks and the Avs probably should have put up 7 or 8 goals tonight. Stalock made some unreal saves yet gave up some horrible goals (Malgin's first one was atrocious angle work by him). Guess that's why he makes close to league minimum.

Onto the next one. I'd say Pittsburgh should be a real hungry team but they've been getting slapped around lately so I don't know which Penguins team will be showing up.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Lol Malgin in like a month and a half has surpassed Newhook on this team and probably factors more into their future plans than he does.

Unreal.

Anyways, Chicago stinks and the Avs probably should have put up 7 or 8 goals tonight. Stalock made some unreal saves yet gave up some horrible goals (Malgin's first one was atrocious angle work by him). Guess that's why he makes close to league minimum.

Onto the next one. I'd say Pittsburgh should be a real hungry team but they've been getting slapped around lately so I don't know which Penguins team will be showing up.
I watched the postgame with Crosby tonight and they are deflated as hell.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No absolutely not. They are filled with players near the end of their prime. You don't seem to properly understand how and why tanking?
I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about way back post-Iggy when they handed the captaincy to Giordano. Johnny Hockey’s rookie season IIRC. That right there would’ve been the year to suck. But nope, Hartley got way more out of that scrappy roster and goalie-by-committee than he ever should have, and Treliving went right into go-for-it mode again after just one season of downsizing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy them goals were pretty weren’t they?

Congrats to MacDermid on the goal, the less said about the rest of his game tonight, the better.

E-Rod had every right to be pissed about that call, no idea why that was a penalty. Hope he’s okay. But I suppose with Helm being close, the Hockey Gods had to make room.

Fantastic effort from Sammy tonight, the longer stick is helping! He even got a shoutout from NHL Network. That LOC goal was all him…and a wonderful no-look pass from Malgin…and a perfect one-timer from—you get my point.

Anyway, the Hawks are a really, really bad hockey team and the Avs took care of business. Good job, now onto the next one.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Malgin's production correlating straight with his building confidence. Avs pro scouts and coaching staff score again.

Even watching just the highlights, if I'd get a nickle for every "Oh my goodness."...
I'm pretty sure Moser had an issue with reactionary swearing that prevented him from pursuing a TV and radio career, so he went to a hypnotherapist and had it programmed in him to say "oh my goodness" instead.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
I'm pretty sure Moser had an issue with reactionary swearing that prevented him from pursuing a TV and radio career, so he went to a hypnotherapist and had it programmed in him to say "oh my goodness" instead.
For sure. Like my teacher in primary school who always said "Voi tikkunekku!" instead of "Voi vittu!"

Speaking (of) Finnish... Here's hoping Mikko hits 50 goals in that Sunday matinee game against the Yotes already so as many Finns as possible will be watching him join Kurri and Selänne as the only Finns to ever do it.
All were once Avs too.

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
Hi guys, Devils fan coming in peace, but also follower of all Swiss players. How has Malgin been for you? Obviously he just had a three point night, but what about the previous games?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Hi guys, Devils fan coming in peace, but also follower of all Swiss players. How has Malgin been for you? Obviously he just had a three point night, but what about the previous games?

You could google this. But ok.

He’s been on a good run. His skating and skill really suits the Avs transition game. He’s been getting and creating opportunities from this.

It’s hard to know if it’s simply a good run or whether he’s finally found a team that suits his strengths and a scenario where he might thrive more continuously.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He was pretty unnoticeable for about 15 to 20 games after getting traded here. No offense, but always played with energy and effort.

For the last month he has been great, chipping in many timely goals, stepped up in the lineup due to injuries, has kept up his energy and effort. Very noticeable on the ice.

So either he is on a big time heater, or maybe his game finally clicked with our roster. Tough to say.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
I bet the Flames fans must be in shambles right now. Their team on paper shouldn't be folding like this. They need a new coach and a goalie. I've never seen a goalie just completely turn into a pumpkin after one playoff series like Markstrom has. The Oilers really broke this guy mentally.
Jordon Binnington stats pre versus Colorado in the bubble playoffs
5b4377f34844eae039bbb1ebfd6b43f5.png

Binnington stats vs Colorado in bubble playoffs
8b36cd5a12840eb0d4fda91deb17879e.png

Binnington stats post versus Colorado in the bubble playoffs
2aa4038ba9e7214e768195e591cadab6.png

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Got to give George a shout out. I guess I really haven't followed the stats too much, but he's right there with the best in the league. Considering he's had an unreal work load because Frank has been hurt a lot, George has been a wall for us.

2nd in wins, top 5 sv%, tied for 1st in shutouts. Just been very solid and consistent for us.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Got to give George a shout out. I guess I really haven't followed the stats too much, but he's right there with the best in the league. Considering he's had an unreal work load because Frank has been hurt a lot, George has been a wall for us.

2nd in wins, top 5 sv%, tied for 1st in shutouts. Just been very solid and consistent for us.
George has been good overall. Some stretches of poor play, but he's consistently rebounded over time. All you can really ask. His March hasn't been great outside the last 3 games, but the team has taken care of business like they should to where he hasn't really been needed.

When it comes down to the net though, for Markstrom, Binnington, George, Grubi... really any goalie outside of the very elite, team play means more to their success. If a team is playing well, the goalies tend to follow with good numbers. As long as a goalie can make saves at a decent rate, not give up too many stinkers, and can handle the workload... that's really all a team needs. Markstrom and Binnington on better teams would likely be putting up much better numbers.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021

He's been better than Shesterkin but don't tell the Ranger fans that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad