Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Jermey Hanzel + '25 3rd for Yakov Trenin + D Graham Sward

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Do we know anything about Sward? As far as I can tell this is a 3rd for Trenin and then a Hanzel / Sward swap?

Decent / good player from watching him in juniors, he didn’t really stand out, but to be fair he he was the opponent so I didn’t really key in on him. (My eyes were locked on Savoie, Benson and Geekie lol)

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
The bottom-6 is going to be a nightmare to play against.
After the ‘21 Golden Showers series & rd 1 v the Krakheads last year, all I can say is,

1709843361965.gif

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I mean, we are though. Like, unquestionably the clear winners thus far. If we get a goalie, I'm gonna have to consult a doctor because people aren't supposed to have an erection last that long
Well, I can speak from personal experience. I managed to survive the Landeskog-lifting-the-Cup multi-hour erection. You'll make it through this.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sward is a big defensive defensemen. Doesn't always play as physical as you'd want given his size... but really smart. Great stick, good pressure instincts, good gaps. Great first pass. His offense has been touch and go in juniors... I don't think it will translate. Good shot and good first pass is really all he can bring there. He plays a very pro friendly game. Skating has to clean up and if he maintains his poise along with that, there's a future bottom pairing PK guy here. Him and Hanzel have similar upside... Sward has a much clearer path IMO.
Yeah as much as I hate losing Hanzel this a lateral move that help bring size which was missing on the left side with Toews, G, Behrens and Hanzel.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This probably means we're out on Guentzel though. We're at a 23 man roster now and none of the guys on the roster are waiver exempt, and we didn't place anyone on waivers today.

Unless LOC is potentially part of the Guentzel return or Wagner is IR bound?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
This probably means we're out on Guentzel though. We're at a 23 man roster now and none of the guys on the roster are waiver exempt, and we didn't place anyone on waivers today.

Unless LOC is potentially part of the Guentzel return or Wagner is IR bound?

I feel like we can waive Kiviranta without too much stress

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Sward is a big defensive defensemen. Doesn't always play as physical as you'd want given his size... but really smart. Great stick, good pressure instincts, good gaps. Great first pass. His offense has been touch and go in juniors... I don't think it will translate. Good shot and good first pass is really all he can bring there. He plays a very pro friendly game. Skating has to clean up and if he maintains his poise along with that, there's a future bottom pairing PK guy here. Him and Hanzel have similar upside... Sward has a much clearer path IMO.

Offense is touch and go?

He has 15-58-73 in 58 GP

Reactions: niwotsblessing

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
The main board's thread for this trade is everybody saying the Avs got a steal here and the Avs are absolutely killing it this TDL so far.

MacFarland + Sakic is the textbook case of they-can't-keep-getting-away-with-this. f*** we are f***ing stacked again it really isn't fair to the rest of the league but whatever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad