Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Jermey Hanzel + '25 3rd for Yakov Trenin + D Graham Sward

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Getting two 4th line guys is kinda weird. I hope LoC isn't more hurt than they originally thought.
Those 2 can make a difference in the playoffs with physicality and driving opposition crazy. Also rather have that in case of injuries than Kiviranta, Wagner, Olofsson

Reactions: sethro109

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Not sure if this was shared, but Trotz said they moved Trenin because they couldn’t get an extension done.

They definitely wanted to keep him. It might explain why he came so cheap. Nashville was pushing to get a deal done, then had to pivot.

Reactions: The Merchant

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I love this. Always liked Trenin. It's also worth noting (and I'm surprised no media have mentioned this) he's from the same hometown as Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk. In fact, he and Nuke are the only guys in the NHL from there now that Kuznetsov in the A. Given that connection and all the Russians we have coming in soon, I could see them wanting to keep Trenin beyond this year if he plays well and fits in.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think for guys like Trenin and Duhaime, their true value is gonna show in the playoffs. They seems to be playoff type players
Yah Trenin was the best Pred in the series a few years ago. Avs had a really hard time containing him. Hope him and Duhaime bring that little extra in the playoffs because thats when these type of guys shine.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
IMG_2895.jpeg

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
I hope we re-sign him.
I like him, and agree. But considering that the apparent reason Nashville traded him was they weren't able to reach an agreement on a contract extension, he might be one of the guys Cmac specifically had in mind when he said he told the coaches not to get too attached to some of these new guys because we won't be able keep them all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad