Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Jermey Hanzel + '25 3rd for Yakov Trenin + D Graham Sward

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Between Cogs, Trenin and Duhaime, SOMEONE has to play 4C. Maybe they can all take turns.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Hey man!

Even ignoring the winger/center thing though...... how is everyone going to be getting ice time? Seems like there is getting to be an excess of forwards

MacK, Mikko, Nuke and Drouin won't have to play 30 minutes per game now

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Crazy how much the roster has been improved in a matter of 24 hours. Virtually zero holes to fill now and the team suddenly looks like it could be deeper than the one that won the Cup.
Still need a 1B goalie, IMO, if Georgiev either gets injured or sucks (likely). I'd also love a depth D so JJ isn't a regular but that seems unlikely.

Up front, they still aren't as deep as that absurd 2022 team -- namely because we've no idea if Landy returns (and if he does whether he can even be decent after missing 2 years) and have no idea if Mittelstadt will instantly click. It looks good on paper, but we've not actually seen any of them play yet.

Reactions: The Merchant

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Do we know anything about Sward? As far as I can tell this is a 3rd for Trenin and then a Hanzel / Sward swap?
Sward is a big defensive defensemen. Doesn't always play as physical as you'd want given his size... but really smart. Great stick, good pressure instincts, good gaps. Great first pass. His offense has been touch and go in juniors... I don't think it will translate. Good shot and good first pass is really all he can bring there. He plays a very pro friendly game. Skating has to clean up and if he maintains his poise along with that, there's a future bottom pairing PK guy here. Him and Hanzel have similar upside... Sward has a much clearer path IMO.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Still need a 1B goalie, IMO, if Georgiev either gets injured or sucks (likely). I'd also love a depth D so JJ isn't a regular but that seems unlikely.

Up front, they still aren't as deep as that absurd 2022 team -- namely because we've no idea if Landy returns (and if he does whether he can even be decent after missing 2 years) and have no idea if Mittelstadt will instantly click. It looks good on paper, but we've not actually seen any of them play yet.
The bottom-6 is unquestionably better and, most importantly, harder to play against. Seems like CMac is trying to throw a bit of the Vegas model into the fold. Agreed on the goalie situation, but they're stuck with Georgie as the #1 regardless. As for the depth on D they do have a bit of an in-house luxury with Jones and Malinski as solid guys waiting in the wings that they didn't have back then.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Someone check on @RoyIsALegend

How you holding up with all the beef being added?

e52.gif

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad