Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Conditional '25 1st + Ryan Johansen to Philly for Sean Walker + '26 5th

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
none of that stuff about RyJo can be true - the NHL has a rigorous program to investigate and validate injuries to make sure teams aren't circumventing the cap. Just look at Vegas.
The Avs timed the trade!

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Edmonton bolstering defense? Never!
Feels like an 'after the fact - difficult to disprove' garbage by elliotte.

I can do it too - 'yeah I think that the Rangers were thinking about getting Henrique but then settled on Wennberg instead' - I'm so FULL of inside sources (aka bullshit)

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Even for an Avs defenseman, Walker is just insanely aggressive offensively. Both of his goals last night were the result of him barreling headlong into a place where he wasn't expected to be. That's awesome, but I have to wonder if that will burn us a time or two going forward. The Avs forwards are really good about covering for them in those situations, but even if they get into the proper position to replace him, forwards are usually not as good as defending off the rush as defensemen are, and having a forward back on D is usually something an opposing player is going to look to exploit.

So far he's making good decisions about when to make those aggressive moves, I just hope that pattern holds true.
All season long in Philly, he could be counted on for good decisions like the ones you refer to. It's not like he does it every game, not nearly that...but he certainly steps up and makes a big difference at times. I think he's learned how to time things, relative to his skills + opportunity...Lord knows it takes defencemen a long time to get it all straight...their best defensive and offensive positioning... in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad