Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Conditional '25 1st + Ryan Johansen to Philly for Sean Walker + '26 5th

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
If he goes on LTIR I’m going to be pissed that he must have refused to do it here

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If he goes on LTIR I’m going to be pissed that he must have refused to do it here

From all accounts, RyJo enjoyed his time in Denver. Good teammate, well liked in the locker room. He’s a funny character.

Once the trade occurred, there was no chance he was going to play under Torts again. There was no speculation of this mystery injury while they were trying to trade him for 2 days. It was once the TDL passed and he needed to report to the AHL, he decided f*** that I’m not down.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Kind of surprised his career high before this season was 24 points. If he would play full season with Avalanche I would expect 40+ points.

His size, his production doesn't warrant anything close to 4mil+ long-term I think, BUT I do think he would put up career numbers with Colorado. It's a potential good buy, but of course size is a bit concern.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Reading the thread about Walker, Flyer fans are happy they didn't sign him long-term. I think I see some untapped potential in him and he seems to fit our team very well. It's early though, so maybe shiny toy experience from us.

Says Walker was looking for five mil a season. Obviously imo, that's starting negotiation high. No way he was going to get paid that much.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
As a UFA I believe Walker would get 5M from some teams but IMO he will be willing to take 4.5M from the Avs because he knows he will love it here being a great fit with Bednar.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Even for an Avs defenseman, Walker is just insanely aggressive offensively. Both of his goals last night were the result of him barreling headlong into a place where he wasn't expected to be. That's awesome, but I have to wonder if that will burn us a time or two going forward. The Avs forwards are really good about covering for them in those situations, but even if they get into the proper position to replace him, forwards are usually not as good as defending off the rush as defensemen are, and having a forward back on D is usually something an opposing player is going to look to exploit.

So far he's making good decisions about when to make those aggressive moves, I just hope that pattern holds true.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Even for an Avs defenseman, Walker is just insanely aggressive offensively. Both of his goals last night were the result of him barreling headlong into a place where he wasn't expected to be. That's awesome, but I have to wonder if that will burn us a time or two going forward. The Avs forwards are really good about covering for them in those situations, but even if they get into the proper position to replace him, forwards are usually not as good as defending off the rush as defensemen are, and having a forward back on D is usually something an opposing player is going to look to exploit.

So far he's making good decisions about when to make those aggressive moves, I just hope that pattern holds true.
I was impressed that Mitts had the vision and execution to pass to Walker charging down. That kind of chemistry, you either got it or you don’t. They do. For Walker to be that effective in a tight contest was mighty impressive too.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I was impressed that Mitts had the vision and execution to pass to Walker charging down. That kind of chemistry, you either got it or you don’t. They do. For Walker to be that effective in a tight contest was mighty impressive too.
Yeah, the way he saw that lane open up for a split second and got the pass into the perfect area for Walker was beautiful. That kind of vision is going to be so helpful to the team because it will really open up a lot of options in the top six.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016

So he played all 63 games for us and the moment he gets dealt to Philly, knowing he wont play a single game for Torts and the Flyers he claims he is injured....... okay...?

So the question:
Did he tell the AVS of this? Did CMac know he is injured and still traded his ass? If so, we might be in trouble.

If not, thank god we got this douchebag off the team and the locker-room. Explains why Mac or Makar didnt have words of praise for him other than a polite "nice guy".....

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

So he played all 63 games for us and the moment he gets dealt to Philly, knowing he wont play a single game for Torts and the Flyers he claims he is injured....... okay...?

So the question:
Did he tell the AVS of this? Did CMac know he is injured and still traded his ass? If so, we might be in trouble.

If not, thank god we got this douchebag off the team and the locker-room. Explains why Mac or Makar didnt have words of praise for him other than a polite "nice guy".....
He just doesn't want to ride the buses. His laziness knows no bounds!

He's going to get bought out at the end of the season and then ninja-retire without any fanfare a la kyle turris.

I can't imagine any NHL team wanting this guy even on a PTO after the crap he just pulled.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

He's going to get bought out at the end of the season and then ninja-retire without any fanfare a la kyle turris.

I can't imagine any NHL team wanting this guy even on a PTO after the crap he just pulled.
Half of RyJo's salary comes from Nashville, can Philly buy him out under these circumstances?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_8275.jpeg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

So the question:

So Philly thought he was a different kind of useless?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Exactly. He doesn't want to ride the bus. That's obvious. He is fine, mentally just ***** up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad