Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Conditional '25 1st + Ryan Johansen to Philly for Sean Walker + '26 5th

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll hold out on getting too mad because this obviously means another d man is getting moved but geez that seems like a high price.

Also they could have had Henrique for just an additional 5th rounder apparently.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
In all honesty that's a really top notch move. Walker was the best Dman available by a large margin IMO. Fits exactly what the Avs needed as well. I would even say he's pretty clearly the #3 guy on our back end now.

If they aren't trading Bo or G now, that's a ridiculous Defense. But I am very concerned about the plans for 2C. Extremely concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: Jazzguitar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Walker is smooth, maybe not a 1st round pick smooth, but definitely a more productive version of Chris Tanev.

Torts is probably rioting right now.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
In all honesty that's a really top notch move. Walker was the best Dman available by a large margin IMO. Fits exactly what the Avs needed as well. I would even say he's pretty clearly the #3 guy on our back end now.

If they aren't trading Bo or G now, that's a ridiculous Defense. But I am very concerned about the plans for 2C. Extremely concerned.

I would have rather just traded the 1st for Henrique and keep the current defense together.

We'll find out soon what they're cooking up. There must be a big deal coming.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Strike 1. Getting Walker is damn good. And shipping off Ryjo... Yeah, thats worth a 1st imho....

So one of Byram or Girard has to go for the big trade....,🙀

Reactions: LTCPain75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad