Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Yakupov

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Colborne is the one they really should be trying to move. Using the AHL as the org garbage can isn't a viable strategy.

But sure, Yak is fine. Low cost for one year of amusement.

Well, he tries really hard, I'll give him that. His errors are typically because he has zero hockey sense. I don't think I've ever seen him float. I'll take that over what we had to watch last year any day of the week personally.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I like it a lot actually.

Would have preferred Jagr for his lockerroom impact (helping the kids develop like he did with Barkov) and resale value at the deadline but if you want to gamble on some young forwards that are available for free in UFA, Yakupov is probably the obvious choice.

Expectations are low but if he can be what Bourque was last season, it will be a big success.

Also helps with Jost or even Compher not being on the opening roster by default.

I am still not 100 % convinced that Jost is physically ready for the NHL and he might stand to benefit from starting in the AHL.

This signing and maybe another one or two could help with that.

Good move especially at that price.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
1st round picks who will likely play for the Avs next year...

Mackinnon
Yakupov
EJ
Landeskog
Jost
Rantanen
Wilson
Duchene
Zadorov
Varlamov
Bernier
Colborne

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
I like it a lot actually.

Would have preferred Jagr for his lockerroom impact (helping the kids develop like he did with Barkov) and resale value at the deadline but if you want to gamble on some young forwards that are available for free in UFA, Yakupov is probably the obvious choice.

Expectations are low but if he can be what Bourque was last season, it will be a big success.

Also helps with Jost or even Compher not being on the opening roster by default.

I am still not 100 % convinced that Jost is physically ready for the NHL and he might stand to benefit from starting in the AHL.

This signing and maybe another one or two could help with that.

Good move.

This is accurate.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I actually like this deal, and was advocating for it. It's a low risk, potentially high reward situation. There should be zero pressure on him, just give him opportunities with offensive linemates. I actually think he'd do well with Jost and Landy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't remember, is Yak attack a good skater?

He gets from point A to point B in a hurry but he's not a great overall skater. Faster than he's agile. Really wonky stride as well. As if he's being startled by someone with a cattle prod when he gets going.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I only see ~11 sure NHLers. I'd say there is plenty of space, and the Avs need plenty more contracts for AHL depth.

I tend to agree. I don't think yak is gonna be a good player here. I see it more of a chance to get the youth more development time. thats one of the things I have been happy with sakic about. Now we need to get more coaches who develop the youth. I hope sakic doesn't the no yak is just gonna turn it around.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I can't remember, is Yak attack a good skater?

Yea, he actually has all the tools to be a very good offensive player, just doesn't have the hockey sense. From what I've read on him, he actually has a high work ethic and tries hard. He just doesn't have a lot of smarts. I think pairing him with Landy and Jost would actually be really good, two guys that also work hard, but have decent hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad