Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Yakupov

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Colborne Duchene Yakupov

Colborne circling like a shark afraid of fish, Melancholy Matt just spinning and spinning with the puck trying to make things happen so GMs will trade for him and Nail randomly going to spots on the ice saying "hey guys, what's going on".

Make it happen, Bednar.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I guess when you said that on twitter, you technically said it was what they "should" do lol.

I'd have to look at my tweet... but yeah, I think they should get a right shot in here. Only 3 in the NHL and 3 in the AHL seems really low especially when most of those player center.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Too bad he signed with us... Especially because if he would have signed with the Leafs he'd have put up 40 goals.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
As long as they didn't overpay (anything more than 1.5-2 million seems fair; he's coming off 2.5 per season) I have no problem with it. If he bounces back he's the Avs' RFA. If he continues to slide then they cut him loose next summer.

Adding potential offense could also be precursor to a Duchene trade.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Our new Grigorenko, I approve this hahaha. Really hope he can turn it around, hes going to be playing in a NO pressure environment. Hope something just clicks for him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Enter one of the lowest hockey IQ players in the league. Oh well, provided one year, I don't care and he's a guarantee for random comedy with how clueless he is a lot of the time. Hustle, shoot, skate skate, shoot shoot, total blinders on. This is going to be jokes.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm excited but also cautious. I never really wanted him but don't mind having him. If it means less Colborne or Comeau then great but if it means less Greer or some other prospect then not so great.

Also this poor guy lol, he never gets the right coach for him. This time he probably had some level of choice and willingly came to play under Jared Bednar who isn't a good fit for him (or most players but I'm confident not him). I hope he gets a good new coach that he can play with if Bednar doesn't work out by December. Also picking the Avs as basically your last chance to stick in the NHL....bold move, I would've gone to Vegas.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
To his credit, the guy tries hard. He just doesn't know how to hockey. I'd rather have a player like him than a player like Colborne.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm fine with it I guess lol. Hopefully it keeps Greer in the AHL for most of the year. I want them to develop those guys properly while also hopefully building somewhat of a winner down there.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'd have to look at my tweet... but yeah, I think they should get a right shot in here. Only 3 in the NHL and 3 in the AHL seems really low especially when most of those player center.

Yeah I was predicting one LW, a LD, and a G... You made a good point about the right shots. I guess they really only care about L/R at center.

I'm still surprised they didn't sign a defender of all things. Maybe they wiffed on all of them.

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
I like this one.
Everyone knows that we will suck next year also no matter who plays in this team, so giving a chance to guy who (still?) has some potential is a good move. Small risk but high reward if he could finally find he's game?:popcorn:

Tbh I havent really seen Yak playing that much so I really dont know much about him or style he plays?

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
We didn't need more forwards but ok

I wonder if they plan on sending colborne down?

Anyways not a bad move. I don't think he will turn it around and definitely is not a guy that can play with Mack. He tries hard though and only a 1 year deal so why not.

If jost or Greer aren't ready he will just take their spot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I was predicting one LW, a LD, and a G... You made a good point about the right shots. I guess they really only care about L/R at center.

I'm still surprised they didn't sign a defender of all things. Maybe they wiffed on all of them.

Or they are waiting to sign Franson to a big deal. :naughty:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Enter one of the lowest hockey IQ players in the league. Oh well, provided one year, I don't care and he's a guarantee for random comedy with how clueless he is a lot of the time. Hustle, shoot, skate skate, shoot shoot, total blinders on. This is going to be jokes.

At least this guys tries out there. Mind you, he is terrible and has the hockey IQ that would make Shane O'Brien blush, but I'll give him that he is not a listless bum like Grigorenko.

We are trully the Island of misfit toys.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's one year too. I wonder if he told them if he does not make the team hes going to Russia anyways.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
What sucks is I always want to say these moves might give us tradable assets at the deadline, but we all know it doesn't quite work that way around here.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
I'm very happy with this one. One year contract, super cheap. Chances are he sucks as much here as everywhere else, but we are gonna blow goats next year anyways, so why not give him one last chance. Zero risk associated with this one.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wonder if they plan on sending colborne down?

Anyways not a bad move. I don't think he will turn it around and definitely is not a guy that can play with Mack. He tries hard though and only a 1 year deal so why not.

If jost or Greer aren't ready he will just take their spot.

Colborne is the one they really should be trying to move. Using the AHL as the org garbage can isn't a viable strategy.

But sure, Yak is fine. Low cost for one year of amusement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad