Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare ($1.8m AAV x 2y)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, but I think their reasoning is that they can afford to pay it now, but are careful about term. It wonder hinder re-signings I think.

And if fans aren't worried about the big contracts cause "you can always move them somehow" then you shouldn't be worried about these small ones.

Yeah I agree overall. Just saying that the ~500ks over time match up and when you get into the debate of say... keeping Barrie. The extra million that people banter around could easily be made up by simply not overpaying these sorts of deals.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
1. MacKinnon
2. Rantanen
3. Landeskog
4. Donskoi
5. Wilson
6. Nieto
7. Bellemare
8. Jost
9. Kerfoot
10. Kamenev
11. Burakovsky
12. Compher
13. Greer
14. Calvert

14 forwards signed. Including Greer and Kamenev. That is pretty standard procedure.

Greer and Kamenev will get their chances, we will average an injury or so per game anyway.

I don't think Bellemare is gonna take Kamenevs spot per say, we should have at least 14 forwards anyway.

Reactions: Murzu and klozge

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
As long as he doesn’t get anywhere near the 3rd line I’m happy. If he can win faceoffs and help out on the PK, that’s fine with me. Would’ve preferred a one year deal, but it’s not a huge deal.

Reactions: Murzu and MarkT

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I like this signing a lot.

Bellemare is a good Bottom 6 Center. Strong on faceoffs, a great PKer, and solid in his own zone.

If the plan is(And I think this is the plan) to roll a Calvert/Bellemare/Nieto 4th line I think we have one of the stronger 4th lines in the league. They'll all be very responsibly defensively, all capable of killing penalties, and its a line that can be safely relied upon to play 12 minutes a night if we need them for that ice time.

Still completely hate our current middle 6 situation, but at least we have the 1st and 4th line pretty well locked down and looking good for next season.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Kamenev needs to pass through waivers or no?
Yeah, him and Greer both. One of them will definitely have to be passed through at the start of the season, maybe Greer gets through but I doubt Kam would, so it'll probably be Greer and we'll just have to hope that nobody wants him.

Reactions: Murzu

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I've always liked Bellemare, going back to watching him play for France. I wasn't expecting to sign him, but I'm glad we got him.

Reactions: Murzu

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Surprised by how many people originally hated this deal including AJ. I watch a lot of Vegas and I absolutely love him as a player. He knows his role and does it extremely well. He's a defensive first and responsible centre who is fantastic on the PK and is a bit better at generating scoring chances than what his stats say (remember one of his wingers was Reeves). What I also love is he will never give up on a play and is really feisty even though he doesn't really have an overly physical side (does finish his cheques though). Picture a 4th line centre of Calvert, you can't go wrong with these players.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Surprised by how many people originally hated this deal including AJ. I watch a lot of Vegas and I absolutely love him as a player. He knows his role and does it extremely well. He's a defensive first and responsible centre who is fantastic on the PK and is a bit better at generating scoring chances than what his stats say (remember one of his wingers was Reeves). What I also love is he will never give up on a play and is really feisty even though he doesn't really have an overly physical side (does finish his cheques though). Picture a 4th line centre of Calvert, you can't go wrong with these players.

Yeah I don't get the hand-wringing here. His deal is relatively inexpensive, he addresses two major needs, and has a clear role to play. The fact they can now roll out a very reliable checking line of PEB/Nieto/Calvert that can take defensive zone draws is well worth whatever they're paying him.

Hows his skating?

Pierre-Edouard Bellemare Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Colorado Avalanche | The Sports Forecaster

A late-blooming talent with good skating ability and puck skills, he's also a versatile forward capable of killing penalties with aplomb. Is a hard worker. Will never produce the consistent offense of a top-six forward at the National Hockey League level, so his minutes need to be monitored and somewhat limited.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Honestly I never thought the guy looked slow out there at all whenever I saw the Knights play, dude is a relentless forechecker, which the Avs need to improve on overall.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We can handle MacK and Jost/Compher sucking at faceoffs now since Kadri and Bellemare are both ~55% guys.

Kadri and Bellemare: ~55%
Compher: ~50% (just over 49% last season)
MacK: ~45% (43% last season)
Jost: ~37% (he sucks at faceoffs)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad