Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare ($1.8m AAV x 2y)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not a fan of this, but they were going to bring in a #4C regardless. The top option was Carpenter, seems Bellemare was the backup. Overpaid to do this though...

Reactions: Murzu

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not a fan of this, but they were going to bring in a #4C regardless. The top option was Carpenter, seems Bellemare was the backup. Overpaid to do this though...

Avs wouldn’t do a 3rd year for Carpenter despite offering a higher AAV than Chicago.

Option B had to be a 2 year deal.

I like Bellemare, personally.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
55% faceoff guy.

They overpaid him a little but whatever. If none of the kids look like better options he’s a quality 4C. It’s just depth. We’ve made far worse signings in the past. 13th forward who likely plays almost a full season after injuries.

Avs love character guys.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Signing 4th liners in free agency is dumb. A clear sign you can’t develop players.

Something I'm legit curious on and I don't know the answer, but how many 4th liners are really homegrown? You get the Paquettes from time to time, but a lot of times if a guy can't be a top 9 option, teams seem to move on.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm really happy with this. He's a great guy for the lockers and he's able to take on Soda's PK responsibilities. It's been a long time since the Avs fixed the revolving door at 4C, they needed another McClement/McCormick/Hendricks/Guite-type who could do a solid job solidifying things down there and clearly was not playing above their weight at 3C instead.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I wanted to sign him from Europe like six years ago. He is absolutely adored for his character and teams love having him around their kids.

We seemed dead set on signing a veteran 4th centre, but I don't like this signing.

He is 34, it's 2 years and coaches have a history of falling in love with Bellemare, overplaying him way too much taking time away from better players cause they love the man.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Something I'm legit curious on and I don't know the answer, but how many 4th liners are really homegrown? You get the Paquettes from time to time, but a lot of times if a guy can't be a top 9 option, teams seem to move on.
They have one scoring inflated season and price themselve out and move on.

Like you said, I don't think there are many homegrown fourth liners out there, beyong their ELC's at least.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They have one scoring inflated season and price themselve out and move on.

Like you said, I don't think there are many homegrown fourth liners out there, beyong their ELC's at least.

Yup... it may not be the correct or right way to go about it, but it seems 4th liners are usually bought. Unless they are a pure character/role sort of guy. Then everybody hates how long they stick around (McLeod).

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Idk how to post tweets on here, but man is Chambers and idiot :facepalm:

“No confirmation on Pierre-Edouard Bellemare signing with #Avs but, whew, he's 34 and ain't gonna help you offensively. Just 65 points (29 goals) in 385 career games.”

Good thing there are a lot more aspects to the game of hockey than just offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad