Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Joonas Donskoi ($3.9m AAV x 4y)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Would have much preferred Nyquist at 5 and change he got from CBJ. Dont really care much about Donskoi, dont think he improves the Avs

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Would have much preferred Nyquist at 5 and change he got from CBJ. Dont really care much about Donskoi, dont think he improves the Avs

Sakic wouldn’t do a 5th year, so Zucc and Nyquist weren’t possibilities.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
giphy.gif

I suppose he's younger than Soderberg.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I just want a 2C who can win faceoffs and play PK man.

First off, not a 2C, secondly, you really think the Avs are lacking in PK forwards, and third, why in GOD'S NAME do you want to help Minnesota out of their current rut? Trading for him essentially imploded their season, and had the opposite effect on Carolina.

Don't let the frustration with faceoffs blind you to everything else. He's not a quality player.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
First off, not a 2C, secondly, you really think the Avs are lacking in PK forwards, and third, why in GOD'S NAME do you want to help Minnesota out of their current rut? Trading for him essentially imploded their season, and had the opposite effect on Carolina.

Don't let the frustration with faceoffs blind you to everything else. He's not a quality player.

Oh god, just saw his last two year stats... My bad.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Like the player but I just don't think he's what we need at the moment. We should be targeting more consistent 2nd line forwards while Donskoi is more of a 2nd-3rd line tweener player.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Four years seems a little high for a depth guy, you usually don't invest that much term in a player like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad