Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Joonas Donskoi ($3.9m AAV x 4y)

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
It's not you, the sport has just gotten too dangerous for the current rules and the league doesn't want to change them until someone successfully sues them for their negligence and forces the league to try protecting its employees.
It would certainly help if the on-ice officials enforced said rules.

Simple step- Allow linesmen to call penalties. Every zebra on the NFL field has laundry in his/her pocket, linesmen have whistles- empower them to support the players and the game.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'll sit in our GDTs and say the right thing, like I don't believe you should have to fight for laying a clean hit. Then I see this hit, and by the rules it was "clean", Donskoi just had no idea it was coming.

Then I see Kadri step up, and we all know his history but the first thing that popped into my mind was, that's a damn good penalty to take Nazem.

God I'm such a freaking hypocrite.

Anyways, it freakin' sucks that this happened to Joonas. I wish him best post-playing days. Wouldn't be completely surprised if we saw him behind the bench at some point. Hard working guys who pay attention to details...a lot of those types turn out to be pretty decent coaches.
I always hated hits like this, it's the Scott Stevens Special. You target a guy that's already occupied by another defensive player so you can catch them unawares. Yes, technically you need to be aware of your surroundings at all times, but you know as the hitter you're getting someone in a vulnerable position. I'm glad Kadri beat the snot out of him.

Hope Dong is able to get healthy and enjoy the spoils of his career with his family.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Family and health first. You were an absolute pleasure to watch and enjoy Joonas. You excelled in an AVS jersey, and we were all the better for it. So disappointing to have to lose you as a player when we probably.wouod have preferred to keep you.

Onward and upward my friend, you are an ornament to the game, an ornament to your club, an ornament to your family, and an ornament to yourself.

ThanK you for everything!!!

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
lol I’m doing. Coming up on the anniversary of my dad’s death which is hitting me hard atm, but finally got out of my toxic relationship this year and in the best shape I’ve ever been in.

So swings & roundabouts 😅
It's amazing to see you bouncing back mate. Life is really hard and tough sometimes, but it's a true test of character that you've rallied and in great shape.

Fitness can be a real therapy of sorts, so you are also a great example to others, in perceveering through adversity

Hope the AVS win you a cup this year bud. I know we will

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
lol I’m doing. Coming up on the anniversary of my dad’s death which is hitting me hard atm, but finally got out of my toxic relationship this year and in the best shape I’ve ever been in.

So swings & roundabouts 😅
Union is doing smooth as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Union is doing smooth as well.

Union's performance over the past five years does make me question if they've all just been a dream...cause the way things are going, we're going to win a treble or two before the decade is through :laugh:

It's amazing to see you bouncing back mate. Life is really hard and tough sometimes, but it's a true test of character that you've rallied and in great shape.

Fitness can be a real therapy of sorts, so you are also a great example to others, in perceveering through adversity

Hope the AVS win you a cup this year bud. I know we will

Unfortunately I've gotten too familiar with death over those same 5 years. Lost a sister & grandfather before my dad, while watching my mom suffer a stroke and my grandmother go in & out of the hospital...with the other having passed 7 years ago now.

Still really sucks, today is the 1 year anniversary and it's hard not to picture him on that hospital bed. Glad I got those extra 20 years with him, because the Cleveland clinic almost killed him when I was a teenager, but that only takes some of the edge of the pain :-/

But yeah, I'm already dreading the winter because I'll desperately miss the peace I feel on my bike rides :laugh:

Especially cause I usually ride either along the bike path my dad used to take once he finally started taking care of himself, or the one along the lake that he & I used to skate along when we first came to the US.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Union's performance over the past five years does make me question if they've all just been a dream...cause the way things are going, we're going to win a treble or two before the decade is through :laugh:
Oh, sorry, I meant Union Saint-Gilloise.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Unfortunately I've gotten too familiar with death over those same 5 years. Lost a sister & grandfather before my dad, while watching my mom suffer a stroke and my grandmother go in & out of the hospital...with the other having passed 7 years ago now.

Still really sucks, today is the 1 year anniversary and it's hard not to picture him on that hospital bed. Glad I got those extra 20 years with him, because the Cleveland clinic almost killed him when I was a teenager, but that only takes some of the edge of the pain :-/

But yeah, I'm already dreading the winter because I'll desperately miss the peace I feel on my bike rides :laugh:

Especially cause I usually ride either along the bike path my dad used to take once he finally started taking care of himself, or the one along the lake that he & I used to skate along when we first came to the US.

Mate, I'm sorry to hear that. BUT what I WILL say, is they were all obviously very lucky to have someone like you in their lives. Someone loving, dedicated and loyal. I hope I've had people like you remembering me when I go to Valhalla (so to speak). Be proud of you, you legend !!!

I've had a similar experience, mate. My biological mother (brain aneurysm), father (cancer), brother (motorbike accident) all died within 3 years of each other.

I was actually taken from my family very young though, because my father tried to kill me, and I was raised by my Aunt / Uncle (Aunt now has late stage cancer - and will die soon - one of the VERY rare people I've loved). My uncle doesn't talk to me, because he blames me for their marriage breakup - inheriting a 10 year old kid odd WOULD have been hard. My father, uncle, and mother's partner (all 3 men) used to bash me as a kid too, which didn't help me.

In the past 3 years, I've had a falling out with lifelong friends (married couple), who are very bullying & mean (the woman used to try and kiss me and things, it was messed up), so they have a lot of sway over the rest of our group (who I considered family). - they decided that no-one should continue talking to me or my wife, and they all deleted us - all our lifelong friends, because of fear from Keith and Louise. Kinda sucks hehe, but what can I do? Easiest thing is to just let them all go if they aren't willing to make an effort for us

And they did this, while I was getting completely effed around at work. I was a commercial investment banker - the pressure, and stress for results is something people wouldn't believe - to the point they pushed unethical practices across the line to get deals done, so I broke down, and just left (now I work for the government body who polices them ! It's the best thing that's ever happened, and I'm so happy !!!!!!). Accountability man !! And guess what, I now get to help Australian families remain in their homes and/or make ends meet when Banks do the wrong thing !! It's so rewarding.

I literally get so, so lonely now, I suffer actual physical pain from it. I don't even really go outside if I can avoid it. People/ humans give me anxiety. My home gym has become my best friend haha. That, or playing squash, kayaking, or doing my weekly 10km uphill run in 55 minutes at the actual gym.

BUT, that's what is so amazing about this team of ours hey? The absolute joy and happiness they provide us. This amazing community. The release they give us. AVS are so much more than just a sport to me. They are my passion and therapy, which is why I get so behind them, like they do for me. I know my positivity annoys people, and I try and tone it down as much as possible, but that's literally why I am like I am.

Sorry about the length of my post, the main reason I'm sharing is because I want to say I empathise and have actually thought about you since reading your first post, and was hoping you'd reply to me. We are a community my friend, and we are in this together. Best fans on planet earth. If you EVER need anyone to talk to, hit me up, el buderino.

That same offer goes for anyone else who may be feeling alone or depressed. I can tell you about all our deadly creatures in Australia ready to get ya, if you come by hahaha.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Mate, I'm sorry to hear that. BUT what I WILL say, is they were all obviously very lucky to have someone like you in their lives. Someone loving, dedicated and loyal. I hope I've had people like you remembering me when I go to Valhalla (so to speak). Be proud of you, you legend !!!

I've had a similar experience, mate. My biological mother (brain aneurysm), father (cancer), brother (motorbike accident) all died within 3 years of each other.

I was actually taken from my family very young though, because my father tried to kill me, and I was raised by my Aunt / Uncle (Aunt now has late stage cancer - and will die soon - one of the VERY rare people I've loved). My uncle doesn't talk to me, because he blames me for their marriage breakup - inheriting a 10 year old kid odd WOULD have been hard. My father, uncle, and mother's partner (all 3 men) used to bash me as a kid too, which didn't help me.

In the past 3 years, I've had a falling out with lifelong friends (married couple), who are very bullying & mean (the woman used to try and kiss me and things, it was messed up), so they have a lot of sway over the rest of our group (who I considered family). - they decided that no-one should continue talking to me or my wife, and they all deleted us - all our lifelong friends, because of fear from Keith and Louise. Kinda sucks hehe, but what can I do? Easiest thing is to just let them all go if they aren't willing to make an effort for us

And they did this, while I was getting completely effed around at work. I was a commercial investment banker - the pressure, and stress for results is something people wouldn't believe - to the point they pushed unethical practices across the line to get deals done, so I broke down, and just left (now I work for the government body who polices them ! It's the best thing that's ever happened, and I'm so happy !!!!!!). Accountability man !! And guess what, I now get to help Australian families remain in their homes and/or make ends meet when Banks do the wrong thing !! It's so rewarding.

I literally get so, so lonely now, I suffer actual physical pain from it. I don't even really go outside if I can avoid it. People/ humans give me anxiety. My home gym has become my best friend haha. That, or playing squash, kayaking, or doing my weekly 10km uphill run in 55 minutes at the actual gym.

BUT, that's what is so amazing about this team of ours hey? The absolute joy and happiness they provide us. This amazing community. The release they give us. AVS are so much more than just a sport to me. They are my passion and therapy, which is why I get so behind them, like they do for me. I know my positivity annoys people, and I try and tone it down as much as possible, but that's literally why I am like I am.

Sorry about the length of my post, the main reason I'm sharing is because I want to say I empathise and have actually thought about you since reading your first post, and was hoping you'd reply to me. We are a community my friend, and we are in this together. Best fans on planet earth. If you EVER need anyone to talk to, hit me up, el buderino.

That same offer goes for anyone else who may be feeling alone or depressed. I can tell you about all our deadly creatures in Australia ready to get ya, if you come by hahaha.
Brother, thank you for sharing about your life and situation. If YOU ever need an ear by all means just ask for connection.

And good on you for working to protect people and keep them in their homes. Banks everywhere are criminal enterprises, your work is Good Karma.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Awful news.

Donskoi was a solid player for the Avalanche. His second season (17g31p in 51gp) was his best overall, but he had an incredible start to his first season (14g29p in 44gp). But he sustained a concussion in that 44th game, missed a month, and struggled mightily down the stretch (2g2a in 21gp).

He looked better in the playoffs that year, but you could tell that concussion took its toll. Now we can see the cumulative effect all of the concussions had on him. Wishing him all the best.

Reactions: Vk1ing

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I'm so sorry to read that, but thank you for your kindness and thank you even more for sharing some of what you've gone through.

I can't even begin to understand what growing up with that kind of a family dynamic was like, but I know all too well how it goes when shitty people turn against you and how isolating it can feel when they poison an entire friend-group against you.

But you've got a great heart...which is something the assholes can never take away from you...and there are those of us out there who both see & appreciate that.

Please DM me any time you need someone to talk too...even if you're as bad at asking for help as I am lol...and if you're ever in Chicago, let me know!

And if you ever wanna exchange 'married woman drama' stories, I've got a few of my own that were just surreal :laugh:

PS congratulations on the career change, I'm really happy to hear you're doing something that makes you feel good...nevermind the good you are doing for others *hug*

OT, but have you ever watched the Puss in Boots movies? The second one is a really good movie in general, but I think you'll appreciate the "Perrito" character as much as I did...one of the few characters in fiction that really gets it and made me feel seen.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

My friend, it's truly inspiring that you can be the most optimistic and positive person here with those kinds of trials and tribulations in life. I mean that 100%. I'm inpsired.

Sounds like you've got a good relationship with your wife, a solid group of friends, a new job you like, and some good hobbies that let you get outside to push yourself physically (which is important for men) and enjoy yourself.

I don't have to tell you this, but in case you need a reminder (we all do from time to time) you've got plenty of positive thing going on to make you feel good about yourself and life. Focus on that and f*** the rest. Cheers to making it through all that brother!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Miss seeing you around and chatting cgf. Hope you're doing ok, and as best you can, trying to focus on the good times you had with your family, and the positive impact they had on your life.

Sucks to lose people close to you, but it would suck even more if you never had those moments that made you who you are today.

If that can help realign your perspective from sadness to being thankful, only good things and less suffering can come from that kind of mindset. Take care of yourself my man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad