Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Dominic Toninato to ELC

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Whaat? Isn't he one of the best NCAA UFAs available? How could this be, Sakic isn't hibernating!? (jk)

Anyone could give me and everyone else a brief scouting report about the fella?

Ps. He is the top 6 center for Rampage we were missing..?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hey, they got a College FA!

What do people know about this guy? Likely max decent AHLer upside? Leafs refused to give him an NHL contract due to them approaching contract max.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I like this kid quite a bit. Should be able to step into a defensive role right away with the Rampage at center. Has solid 2 way upside if some offense can translate. Really good PP hands.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
And another "Avs never..." narrative bites the dust! :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, good that they're trying to address the lack of minor league center depth. He may turn out to be nothing special, but it's worth a shot.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Forward with some size, I read him listed as a LW but maybe he can play C as well?

What's left of the old HF website says he's not terribly productive offensively but good in all three zones. No idea on his skating, but sounds like a good all-around, smart player.

Whaddaya know, just when the Avs lose a former fifth rounder to NCAA free agency they gain another former fifth round pick by the Leafs via NCAA free agency.

I like the signing. If indeed he's the kind of player I'm reading about he's exactly the kind of player the Avs need more of.

member 116861

Something something asset management.
Something something Sakic lazy.
Something something development.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
High character and high compete level man/kid. Doesn't have a ton of skill, but works his ass off and has the size to compensate for it. One skill he does possess is a wicked release and is good in getting position, especially on the PP.

I think Kerfoot has more talent, but Toninato is a leader, awesome two-way player, and could develop into a nice fourth line forward.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think he should be a center. I fully expect him to carve out a defensive center role right away with the Rampage and be a top PK guy. Over the year he probably starts getting PP time and a decent amount of goals to go with it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs still need some players under contract. Most college free agents never turn into much but no risk involved here.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I personally think this kid has a brighter NHL future than Butcher.

I think he has a good work ethic and a nice defensive game, could translate to a bottom 6 role down the line.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cool. Don't know anything about him but it's nice to see them bring in another young forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad