IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
To Avs:
Marleau
Thronton

To Sharks:
2020 Toronto 3rd
2021 Avs 3rd

Avs get cheap depth for a cup run, Sharks get to give Patty and Joe one last shot at a cup and pick up two thirds in the process. Both UFAs next year and Avs have the cap space for them this year.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I would love this but I doubt they even go for that much. At least not without retention and even then.. I have doubts

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I mean value is probably ok to fair and it would be cool to see both get one more shot at a cup. But does Colorado need or what them?
Honest question.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I could careless about their quest for the Cup.

I wanted the Avs to KO the Sharks this year in the POs and retire "Patty and Joe" but the Sharks had to go in full crap mode and ruin that opportunity.

If I thought they would benefit the Avs I would consider trading for them but our Cap would be better spent on D or a 2 way C if Sakic decided to "go for it" this year.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I could careless about their quest for the Cup.

I wanted the Avs to KO the Sharks this year in the POs and retire "Patty and Joe" but the Sharks had to go in full crap mode and ruin that opportunity.

If I thought they would benefit the Avs I would consider trading for them but our Cap would be better spent on D or a 2 way C if Sakic decided to "go for it" this year.

Completely agree. There’s some decent D out there for cheap as well. Avs can use their assets elsewhere. I wouldn’t take this on if I was the Avs.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
If we acquire them both, who do they replace in the lineup? I don't see two spots where we need an older, slower guy who used to have elite skills.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
cut.jpeg
I'd personally like to stay away from the old "one more year" players. They've brought nothing but sadness to the Avs.

Thornton and Marleau might not be a fit but...

Reactions: DallasGaume

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I could see the Avs going for Jumbo but not both. The avs sytem works on speed, they won't sit Nieto and an other player for two slow plyer on their bottom 6 (that can't play on the pk)

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If either or both want a chance to play for a contender, then okay I can see the Sharks letting them go
I don't think either holds much value except to Sharks fans who want to see the wearing the teal while they continue to climb various record books

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Nah Newhook’s definitely off the table.

Realistically, am I close with my proposal?
Nope, if Kane was a rental then maybe, but hes well worth his contract and it expires at 33, so I expect him to really be worth it for about the whole time. If the sharks trade him, its gotta be a good return and Jost is kinda sucky these days.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Nope, if Kane was a rental then maybe, but hes well worth his contract and it expires at 33, so I expect him to really be worth it for about the whole time. If the sharks trade him, its gotta be a good return and Jost is kinda sucky these days.
If only they had a Bracco to offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad