GDT: Avs @ Sharks (Again): And For Those Reasons...I'm Out (8:30 MT)

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
MV5BM2E3ZGQxNDEtMzE4ZS00Yjg2LTk4NGItNjcyMWQ4YjQyZGRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Blurb: "Avalanche Sharks tells the story of a bikini contest that turns into a horrifying affair when it is hit by a shark avalanche."

IMDb

Seems like we're in for quite a low-quality game tonight.

:laugh: Even more ridiculous than I would have guessed. I think I lost several IQ points just watching the trailer for this.o_O

Reactions: Snow Arc

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Isn’t Francouz ready to play? Why not start him this game have Georgiev rest for the Kings game?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Isn’t Francouz ready to play? Why not start him this game have Georgiev rest for the Kings game?
He only cleared one full practice. Looks like they want him to clear a few more before they decide he's ready to return. Which I'm fine with because I'd rather have Franky ready and healthy for the playoffs. LA should go to Georgie anyway. JoJo should be enough for the Ducks.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Watching all these injuries around the league tonight, I just want the Avs to rest everyone until the playoffs lol.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
So excited to watch Dermy attempt to skate on NHL ice again tonight. Every problem of his boils down to his skating, seriously. It’s horrendous. He can’t hit properly because guys use their edge work in the corners on him, he can’t line up open ice hits or else he gets burned, he can’t open up shooting lanes for himself, he can’t even pass properly because players take away his lane and he can’t pivot or maneuver a new one. I like the guy, but he does not belong on the ice with NHL players.

Avs win 2-1

Reactions: willy702

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So excited to watch Dermy attempt to skate on NHL ice again tonight. Every problem of his boils down to his skating, seriously. It’s horrendous. He can’t hit properly because guys use their edge work in the corners on him, he can’t line up open ice hits or else he gets burned, he can’t open up shooting lanes for himself, he can’t even pass properly because players take away his lane and he can’t pivot or maneuver a new one. I like the guy, but he does not belong on the ice with NHL players.

Avs win 2-1

He had a nice Rob Blake style hip check at the blueline last game.

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
MV5BM2E3ZGQxNDEtMzE4ZS00Yjg2LTk4NGItNjcyMWQ4YjQyZGRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Blurb: "Avalanche Sharks tells the story of a bikini contest that turns into a horrifying affair when it is hit by a shark avalanche."

IMDb

Seems like we're in for quite a low-quality game tonight.
There's too many muthaf****** sharks on the muthaf^^^^^^ slope

Reactions: Foppa2118

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
He had a nice Rob Blake style hip check at the blueline last game.
I think he was skating backwards and got a blade stuck forcing him to make sudden left turn that led him right into that guy.

Actually last year he seemed to be able to time hitting people. This year he misses most of them and a bunch of times he takes the worst of it even though he’s initiating it. It doesn’t make sense.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I swear I don't know what a lot of you expect from MacDermid. Given his role and the fact that he's really only playing because we've been injured as f*** he's performing as I would expect. His stats suggest he's our 7th or 8th best D man, which checks out because that's what he would be on our depth chart if not for injuries. There's a reason Bednar plays him, he's neither over performing nor underperforming as far as his depth position should. We get what you'd expect from the guy. Except here people expect mistake free hockey and him to play more like a 3/4 dman, but he isn't that. He makes mistakes you'd expect from a depth dude. I maintain he's been fine given his role and his position on the depth chart.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I swear I don't know what a lot of you expect from MacDermid. Given his role and the fact that he's really only playing because we've been injured as f*** he's performing as I would expect. His stats suggest he's our 7th or 8th best D man, which checks out because that's what he would be on our depth chart if not for injuries. There's a reason Bednar plays him, he's neither over performing nor underperforming. We get what you'd expect from the guy. Except here people expect mistake free hockey and him to play more like a 3/4 dman, but he isn't that. He makes mistakes you'd expect from a depth dude. I maintain he's been fine given his role and his position on the depth chart.

Even Toews and Makar don't play mistake free hockey. And they play on the top pair of the best defense in hockey. I agree on expectations not matching the role. Same applies to EJ and JJ.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I swear I don't know what a lot of you expect from MacDermid. Given his role and the fact that he's really only playing because we've been injured as f*** he's performing as I would expect. His stats suggest he's our 7th or 8th best D man, which checks out because that's what he would be on our depth chart if not for injuries. There's a reason Bednar plays him, he's neither over performing nor underperforming as far as his depth position should. We get what you'd expect from the guy. Except here people expect mistake free hockey and him to play more like a 3/4 dman, but he isn't that. He makes mistakes you'd expect from a depth dude. I maintain he's been fine given his role and his position on the depth chart.
I root for him so much, but he’s funny to watch sometimes. He’s a decent passer and I like when he uses his slap shot from the point. It’s just the physicality he should bring is embarrassingly absent. I’d love him to crush some folks. But he’s playing Bednar’s way and good for him but boring for me.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Even Toews and Makar don't play mistake free hockey. And they play on the top pair of the best defense in hockey. I agree on expectations for role. Same applies to EJ and JJ.
Correct.

The reality is, dermy is our best 7/8 dman on our depth charts. Whether you like that or not, whether you agree with that or not. Bednar trusts him over whatever else we have, so if Dermy is that bad, how bad must everyone else be?

He's been playing fine.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Correct.

The reality is, dermy is our best 7/8 dman on our depth charts. Whether you like that or not, whether you agree with that or not. Bednar trusts him over whatever else we have, so if Dermy is that bad, how bad must everyone else be?

He's been playing fine.

A guy like Jacob MacDonald never makes mistakes though. I wonder why Bednar never played him? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad