Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Tyson Jost for 2 years x $2M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
I see a lot of comments about Jost being worth a certain $$ amount, and not being worth a contract over "that" number.

This intrigues me, from a analytical standpoint. Man, if I had time, one of the things I'd love to do is build a model that would try to answer just that: what is a player worth?

Coming back to Jost specifically, I really like his story. Regardless of if he's worth the $$ or not, the guy found success in a situation where things were going south.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Pretty nice result for Jost, getting a pretty big contract above an ELC/QO for the first time in his life. Regardless of what happens from here in his career he'll have earned enough to set himself up for life.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Is that even safe for Byram? His go to move in the offensive zone in the NHL has been to fake a shot, do a little shimmy, skate to his left, and trap himself along the boards because this isn't junior hockey. You do that on the top PP unit and you're going to get worse than just glares from Mr. Chickpea Pasta.
Byram is a big brain player lol he will adjust. I rather have him on that unit than Kadri laying the bumper and f***in up every pass from Mackinnon.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs PP system relies on having a bumper. One player I think would be a natural there is Kaut, hopefully he's ready to take a step this season.

A play that has worked a grand total of 4 times the last 2 seasons. Colin Wilson was actually more productive in that spot than Kadri and Donskoi combined. Said it before but if you wanna put someone in that bumper spot it should be Mackinnon. Work it the way Tanguay/Forsberg and Hejduk used to do.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I see a lot of comments about Jost being worth a certain $$ amount, and not being worth a contract over "that" number.

This intrigues me, from a analytical standpoint. Man, if I had time, one of the things I'd love to do is build a model that would try to answer just that: what is a player worth?

Coming back to Jost specifically, I really like his story. Regardless of if he's worth the $$ or not, the guy found success in a situation where things were going south.

There are a lot of models like that out there.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Jost will step up his production this season. I'm expecting 45-50 points. He'll get some time with Kadri / Burakovsky too (when Newhook needs a break or struggles).
I0geFSn.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

FWIW Evolving Hockey had him projected at 2 years 2.504 AAV.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Jost will step up his production this season. I'm expecting 45-50 points. He'll get some time with Kadri / Burakovsky too (when Newhook needs a break or struggles).

Jost needs to sign a long term contract with Avalanche. He is going to be a very good player for us. He has been getting better and better each year.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Pretty nice result for Jost, getting a pretty big contract above an ELC/QO for the first time in his life. Regardless of what happens from here in his career he'll have earned enough to set himself up for life.
Jost will have a long career as a bottom six forward. He’ll be playing in the NHL 10 years from today. He’s a pretty good defensive forward.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dickinson was 1 year from UFA, bought 2 UFA years. Jost is 3 years from UFA, bought no UFA years. Jost is more comparable to Dickinson’s 2x1.5 deal. But at most we are talking 500k overpay here which isn’t tragic for an internal guy who was underpaid last year.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
How?

Dickinson is less productive than Jost, older than Jost, and not as strong defensively as Jost.

Jost is the better player.
Very similar production, though I feel like each are about to have their best season next year. More so Dickinson than Jost, but still. What metric are you using that says Jost is better defensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad