Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Tyson Jost for 2 years x $2M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I agree. I'm just saying, if people *****ed about Landeskog because they wanted him to be at worst 6.5 mil AAV and he's a star core player, they will ***** about Jost whom some want gone.

It’s a 4C being paid like a 3C who’s an offensive black hole & physical Pansy that adds literally nothing in the postseason. Enjoy another 2nd rd exit. Awful use of cap space.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
It’s a 4C being paid like a 3C who’s an offensive black hole & physical Pansy that adds literally nothing in the postseason. Enjoy another 2nd rd exit. Awful use of cap space.

17925367.jpg

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
If we get rid of Compher and get a better forward for the second line no one will care about this deal. Was happy with his improvement last year. He became much more useful than Compher and we still have him for much less.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Overpaid? No. But hell if he ain’t right up at that line now.

Well considering Barbashev just got 2.25M for pretty much the same offensive production and Zacha got 2.25M for also the same offensive production last year.... I think its obvious he's about 250k under what he could have gotten had this went to arbitration.

It's not much either way but it is something and it is certainly clear that he wasn't some 1M or 1.5M guy like some folks here insist he is.

Reactions: Barklez

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
2 million per for Jost is maybe 250k per season too high. His numbers don't reflect the improvement in his overall game. His problem has always been that he can't finish but last season is two-way game, his tenacity on the puck, and all-around game took a step forward. He merited a raise. He is never going to be a Top 6 guy and the Avs made a clear mistake in not having him play another year of NCAA but on the whole he has become a solid bottom 6 guy. Jost's new deal is far from being overpaid to the point of being upset about it.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hope he proves me wrong but I don't want to see yet another season where he creates turnovers and secures the puck...and then does nothing with it. I suppose it's better than not getting those turnovers in the first place, but...

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
I still have hope somehow give this kid some damn pp time on the 2ndpair seems to have decent mitts in close and clearly showed he was willing to battle in close

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I still have hope somehow give this kid some damn pp time on the 2ndpair seems to have decent mitts in close and clearly showed he was willing to battle in close
Can't be worse than Compher I guess...

-------- Landeskog -----------
Mack ---- Kadri -- Rantanen
----------- Makar -------------

-------------- Jost ----------------
Newhook --------- Burakovsky
---- Girard ----- Toews ---------

... the only spot that's available on that PP2 unit though is the one in front of the net which he doesn't really have the size for. Newhook needs to be on the left because that is his spot where he scored a lot of goals from in college.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I don't see any room for him on the PP.

1st unit

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Makar - Byram

2nd Unit

Newhook - Kadri - Bura
Girard - Toews

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Can't be worse than Compher I guess...

-------- Landeskog -----------
Mack ---- Kadri -- Rantanen
----------- Makar -------------

-------------- Jost ----------------
Newhook --------- Burakovsky
---- Girard ----- Toews ---------

... the only spot that's available on that PP2 unit though is the one in front of the net which he doesn't really have the size for. Newhook needs to be on the left because that is his spot where he scored a lot of goals from in college.
Kadri doesn't belong on that top unit. Run 2 D on both units. Makar and Byram unless we don't intend on letting Byram grow offensively at all for the sake of Kadri.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kadri doesn't belong on that top unit. Run 2 D on both units. Makar and Byram unless we don't intend on letting Byram grow offensively at all for the sake of Kadri.

Is that even safe for Byram? His go to move in the offensive zone in the NHL has been to fake a shot, do a little shimmy, skate to his left, and trap himself along the boards because this isn't junior hockey. You do that on the top PP unit and you're going to get worse than just glares from Mr. Chickpea Pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->