Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Tyson Jost for 2 years x $2M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
2 million is ok. Could have been a bit lower but its not like he is making 3.5 or something.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Definitely not a discount, but this is pretty much what I expected.

Props to Jost. He changed his game and really became a solid defensive forward. I just hope he can continue his second half production into next season (final 28 games: 6 goals, 8 assists, +15).

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That’s about 500K more than I was hoping he would come in at.

I wouldn’t really care that much is every penny didn’t count so much this year.

How much space do they have left now?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So unless a trade comes along or something unexpected, I think our roster for next year is set....

Landy - Mack - Mikko
JTC - Kadri - Buakovsky
Nuke - Jost - Newhook
Helm - Maltsev - LOC
Sherwood/Sikura

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Byram - MacDonald
McKeown/MacDermid

Kuemper
Francouz

Broken down... 1st line stays the same, 2nd line is significantly worse, 3rd line is worse(Though if Newhook pops off it could be better), 4th line is slightly better).

On Defense, 1st pairing stays the same, 2nd pairing is probably better until EJ gets hurt, 3rd pairing is hard to read. Goaltending is probably better but way more risky.

Overall assuming Joe is done now... I think we are a worse team from last year, and it all stems from the 2nd line being significantly downgraded at the 2LW spot and the 3rd line probably being downgraded at 3RW.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
2m is a little on the high side given his production, but it was likely what it took to avoid arbitration. With the flat cap I wouldn't be surprised if more agents didn't push their clients to go to arb to get an award that just goes off comparables and ignores the flatness of the cap. That's why so many RFAs didn't get qualified this time around, teams are scared of arbitration awards that they can't control.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
For his age and the improvements he made this year, it’s a fine contract.

I was hoping for minor discount, but not a big deal.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
That's a nice contract. Still need to fill out the roster though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad