Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Burakovsky

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I wish this would have been at least a three year pact, as the Avs didn't buy a single year of UFA by only re-signing Burakovsky for two years.

Reactions: Avs_19

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I wish this would have been at least a three year pact, as the Avs didn't buy a single year of UFA by only re-signing Burakovsky for two years.

Keep in mind where he was with Washington when we acquired him. Considering he’s had one decent season and that was preceding a new contract, the shorter term doesn’t bother me. Its a tradeable contract if he comes out this year and is awful. It’s kind of a nice cross section of roster flexibility and making him prove it.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Keep in mind where he was with Washington when we acquired him. Considering he’s had one decent season and that was preceding a new contract, the shorter term doesn’t bother me. Its a tradeable contract if he comes out this year and is awful. It’s kind of a nice cross section of roster flexibility and making him prove it.

His last year in Washington he only averaged 11 minutes in ice time per night, and only 0:15 on the power play.

I'm much less concerned about him regressing back to 25 point form than I am the Avalanche losing him for nothing in two years.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Term is also interesting in regard to the expansion draft. I expect him to not be protected and Seattle not picking him because his $ is higher than the cap hit and will have only one year left.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
His last year in Washington he only averaged 11 minutes in ice time per night, and only 0:15 on the power play.

I'm much less concerned about him regressing back to 25 point form than I am the Avalanche losing him for nothing in two years.

This. Burakovsky was underutilized and under appreciated in Washington. He was often found getting 3rd line minutes with less than stellar linemates. And still found a way to be a major impact in Washington's cup win.

He's a 55-60 point player at this point and could have years he touches 70. He's well within our youth movement at 25, and has one of the more dynamic shots (in my opinion) in the NHL.

More than happy with this signing. Honestly wish it was longer.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs buy 1 year of UFA here. We had 1 year of team control left as Burakovsky already had 6 years experience in the NHL.

upload_2020-10-10_15-10-10.png

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would have liked to have him locked up for all 3 years of Nate’s cheap contact but at 4.9 I can’t complain.

Also, 2 years to UFA likely means a very motivated Burkie for those 2 years which is probably a good thing.

Alsooooo.. Cap space (insert eyes emoji)

Apparently he was actually just 1 year away from UFA so this bought 1 UFA year as well.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Avs buy 1 year of UFA here. We had 1 year of team control left as Burakovsky already had 6 years experience in the NHL.

View attachment 371852

My mistake. Thanks for the clarification. :teach2:

Still, I'm not looking forward to the Avalanche having to give him another raise - or outright losing him - two years from now when he'll only be 27.

Reactions: Richard88

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Well, I’m happy. Even if nothing else happens, I’m glad this was sorted out. If Hall goes elsewhere, we might be able to get someone even better if Joe’s willing to wait it out.

That’s a great video, btw. :laugh::laugh::laugh: @Richard88

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad