Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Burakovsky

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
he needs to get back to looking shot first. He does that he will be fine. He wants to play like Tanguay hes going to go pointless alot longer.

Perfect example of this was last game when they were trailing 3-0 I believe, and he had the puck in the slot with a shooting lane, and he passed off to someone in the circle. :shakehead

So far though, Burakovsky hasn't gone on any prolonged slumps. Every time last year when I thought he was about to enter one, he'd find his game again. Hopefully that happens this year too, because the Avs could use some secondary scoring.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I came in late for the game so I missed Timmins giving the Wild freebies, but I thought Bura was by far the worst player on the ice for either team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I came in late for the game so I missed Timmins giving the Wild freebies, but I thought Bura was by far the worst player on the ice for either team.
It's just one of Buras cold stretches. :dunno: He'll score 5 in 8 in the next few weeks I'm sure.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Perfect example of this was last game when they were trailing 3-0 I believe, and he had the puck in the slot with a shooting lane, and he passed off to someone in the circle. :shakehead

So far though, Burakovsky hasn't gone on any prolonged slumps. Every time last year when I thought he was about to enter one, he'd find his game again. Hopefully that happens this year too, because the Avs could use some secondary scoring.

Bura's going to explode when they acquire Danault and run a line of Nuke, Danualt and Bura. Burakovsky's not going to have anyone to force a pass to, he'll take a ton of shots and the other guys are going to force feed him chances. It's going to be brilliant.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'm very glad the Avs only decided on 2 years, because he's still such an unknown. He was brilliant in the playoffs, so let's hope he finds his game here soon.

I still don't think Kadri is a very good stylistic fit for Burakovsky.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bura's going to explode when they acquire Danault and run a line of Nuke, Danualt and Bura. Burakovsky's not going to have anyone to force a pass to, he'll take a ton of shots and the other guys are going to force feed him chances. It's going to be brilliant.

This is the post I referenced in the trade thread! Bukie would mesh really well with Danault.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nichuskin - Danault - Burakovsky
Saad --------- Kadri -- Donskoi

Reactions: AvsCOL

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I mean, I don’t mind telling you this is a ridiculous take. How the hell is Rants simultaneously a passenger and an elite winger!?

And please, show me the chart that indicates he doesn’t drive play on his own. Or show me analysis from someone in the know that says as such. I’ll save you the trouble—you won’t find it because it’s not true.
Schrödinger's Rantanen.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A good third line center and reintroduction of LOC makes a noticeable difference. LOC gives that fourth line a legit scoring thread and everything falls into place on that third line—I think you’ll see somewhat better offensive output with Nuke on the left and Burakovsky/Donskoi on the right if they have a good center.

I also hope they move on from Jost too. I realize he’s far from being the problem but he’s also not the solution. Enough already. Move on.
He works cheap and there's a flat cap net year.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Burakovsky is what he is. Every team has that guy who can snipe but isn't lighting it up nightly. I don't know what separates a guy like Bura from, say, a Hejduk, but it's something. Both types have a scope on their stick, but one just gets it done more consistently.
Obviously with my example you can say Forsberg, but it's not just getting the puck, it's what happens after that.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Burakovsky is what he is. Every team has that guy who can snipe but isn't lighting it up nightly. I don't know what separates a guy like Bura from, say, a Hejduk, but it's something. Both types have a scope on their stick, but one just gets it done more consistently.
Obviously with my example you can say Forsberg, but it's not just getting the puck, it's what happens after that.
Burakovsky has a slow release, his shot is deadly when he has time to let it go. Hejduk in the other hand can get a shot off in an instant.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Burakovsky has a slow release, his shot is deadly when he has time to let it go. Hejduk in the other hand can get a shot off in an instant.

It’s 100% his release. Kadri has the same issue. When they have time + space, it’s usually marked for the back of the net.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Considering all the league minimum contracts for vets that got signed last summer, it would likely save them money to dip into UFA.
That assumes that Jost asks for a raise on his $874k this year. If he's resigned at like $1.2m or thereabouts it would be manageable, but above that the difference between a $750k minimum contract in UFA and starts to become big enough that you move on from Jost and replace him with a Nieto.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Both what you said and defensive acumen. Bura has none.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I just watched his post-game interview. That's the most focused I think I've seen him. Also the most I've heard him speak and hear Bednar's words coming out of his mouth. I do believe Mr. Burakovsky has totally bought into the system. I figured as much, but that was my confirmation. It shows in his play for sure.

Reactions: Nihiliste and 21

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
On pace for 63 points over a full season.
As strange as it sounds, he’s probably been one of our most consistent players excluding the top line.

Honestly I thought last year was sort of a career year for him, so I was okay with giving him a 2 year deal, but now I kind of wish we gave Nuke and Bura a longer deal.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah he's done just about all you can ask from a 2nd line forward.

Yeah he fights consistency issues, but that's why they are 2nd line guys not 1sr line guys. That is what separates the two.

But he has also provided some big goals this year and last year as well and I think he's engaging more and more on the defensive side every week.

Gonna be interesting to see what the Avs do with him in the next year. On the one hand I think he's played well enough to earn a new contract with us and be a part of this team for a few more years. On the other hand, he's so playing himself into a fairly nice raise and unfortunately it is likely to be money the Avs don't have to spend so he could price himself out of Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad