Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Sorry if this is a naive question, but I've been under a rock - are the Avs looking to re-sign Skille? I for one would like to see him return

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sorry if this is a naive question, but I've been under a rock - are the Avs looking to re-sign Skille? I for one would like to see him return

No one knows, but he was skating with the Avs guys during the informal skates they did. So he is (or was) still in Denver. For all we know he signed for league minimum, and no one reported it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's a bit frustrating to watch as we know, but I'm a bit surprised Quincey hasn't signed with a team as a bottom pairing guy. Perhaps he's asking for too much money.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's a bit frustrating to watch as we know, but I'm a bit surprised Quincey hasn't signed with a team as a bottom pairing guy. Perhaps he's asking for too much money.

I'm starting to expect him to be a PTO here.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Happens every year to D men that can still clearly make it as top 6 guys in the NHL. They misjudge their value July 1. Hold out for their price, instead of softening. Then the market falls out, and no one has a spot open for them.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Even 5 years ago, guys at a similar age to Quincey or Ehrhoff would've been signed no problem or a veteran like Weiss. Now they seem to be out of the league even sooner and I'm guessing it's from teams feeling the cap more but more importantly, feeling that their pipeline is good enough to give younger players a chance at those spots instead. It's kind of sad in a way because a lot of these players who had accomplished careers quietly leave the league and never play a game again and end up either somewhere random in Europe or retiring a couple years later with no real announcement.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've felt pretty confident Skille would get some type of contract or try out simply because "why not?" but that's looking less likely each day.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Speaking of Skille, anyone else notice he doesn't show up on capfriendly's UFA list? That's the only site I check for free agents. I wonder if there any other's being forgotten.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There are a lot of people who seriously wonder if he is coming back.

Yeah I know, but the joke about him signing without us knowing was kind of an obvious stab at our media lol. No one has bothered to ask anyone what's going on regarding him, and it's not like he just disappeared either.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I know, but the joke about him signing without us knowing was kind of an obvious stab at our media lol. No one has bothered to ask anyone what's going on regarding him, and it's not like he just disappeared either.

If you can find a way to tie DU into the story, maybe you can get Chambers to look into it.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Would Quincey be an upgrade on Gelinas or Wiercioch? He seems like he would be a better partner for Barrie than either of those two players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Would Quincey be an upgrade on Gelinas or Wiercioch? He seems like he would be a better partner for Barrie than either of those two players.

Quincey would be a serviceable 4 on this team. It creates a rather large logjam though with Weir, Gelinas, Bigras, and then Quincey vying for 1 spot.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Quincey would be a serviceable 4 on this team. It creates a rather large logjam though with Weir, Gelinas, Bigras, and then Quincey vying for 1 spot.

Bigras ends up in the AHL to start, unless he absolutely blows the coaching staff away, would be my bet. I couldn't care less if Wiercioch and Gelinas sit in the press box all year if it means Barrie has a better year, and the Avs as well.

Someone is inevitably getting hurt, wouldn't be the worst addition.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When you're trying to bring in higher hockey IQ players and quick decision makers, you have to go get Quincey!

Hopefully he's just trying to stay ready for when someone (other than the Avs) calls him. Forget how he left, I just don't think he's a good player. I'd much rather have one those younger guys battle for the last LD spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad