Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I still think drouin will end up a blue. They need to do something and win soon before the gm and Hitchcock (who already is on the hot seat) really feel the heat.

Don't really understand the moves from the ducks. Doesn't Stewart fill the same role as garbutt on the ducks?

Wonder if the leafs will make a push for drouin to try to get stamkos. I doubt it as they seem to be into the rebuild but he is a very good piece that fits in the age group.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I miss ABasin. Might have been onto something.

If people aren't insulting each other and speaking cordially, what exactly is the problem? People are ******** about how O'Reilly flogged us so he can't be discussed here at all? We had to close the trade thread and anywhere his name is even brought up. Embarrassing. We could make threads to mock Greg Zanon after buying him out, a Tyler Arnason tribute thread, etc. but talk about an actual hell of a hockey player? Christ, need to censor that because he made the Avs look bad and we are all extremely upset still.

Go ahead and delete my post, I didn't do anything wrong.

No one is really speaking THAT cordially with one another on the O'Reilly front (not terrible, but not really "cordial", either), and on top of that, it was requested that the O'Reilly talk not be in this specific thread, because he has nothing really to do with any Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agent & Roster Moves. He's been traded, he's happy on his new team, and so on and so forth.

I don't believe we need to compare the O'Reilly situation to the Drouin situation (for all the reasons you posted yesterday--I AGREE with them) in this thread. It's just not warranted. No one has said that there shall be no O'Reilly discussion period, but it's not on-topic for this thread.

I don't believe the initial trade thread for him got closed (I'll have to search when I'm not on campus), so that thread is fine to post in.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You can always tell when the team is doing relatively well on this board... old wounds open up so things can be complained about.

I think Drouin is a Duck at some point, but I think this move by Drouin just digs Yzerman's heels in the ground more. In a battle of the wills, not many are going to win against Yzerman.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm not sure the Hitchcock factor is a major obstacle. I have a feeling this may be Hitchcocks last year as the coach there. He's been given three-four good whacks at the piñata and he's not the type of coach players grow to love. If he can't do it with that team in the years he's gotten, he won't.

If Armstrong wants Drouin, it's long term.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't necessarily think it means Drouin is a bad egg, but having the player and agent pull this when things aren't going their way? Buyer beware.

I'd say that's accurate at least to a certain extent. I mean, I kind of get it from Drouin's point of view but at the same time, at some point you have to be patient and let the GM make his move. I'm pretty sure it's not an easy trade to make but I also think that Bob McKenzie was right, that the maximum yield on this kind of trade was to happen 1 to 1.5 weeks after the request became public. We are beyond that at this point.

If the public trade request has been acknowledged by the GM and the team sends down the player to play in the AHL (as is their right) while the trade is being worked on, where the hell does this guy come off not reporting? I like the very convenient excuse that he and his agent have fabricated but to me it comes off as self-entitled and pompous. I think he'll be a very good player but there is certainly an attitude that comes with the package. Buyer beware indeed.

His entry level contract expires after next season, how much is he going to want and is it going to be 'market value' or self-inflated madness? Things to consider.

I miss ABasin. Might have been onto something.

If people aren't insulting each other and speaking cordially, what exactly is the problem? People are ******** about how O'Reilly flogged us so he can't be discussed here at all? We had to close the trade thread and anywhere his name is even brought up. Embarrassing. We could make threads to mock Greg Zanon after buying him out, a Tyler Arnason tribute thread, etc. but talk about an actual hell of a hockey player? Christ, need to censor that because he made the Avs look bad and we are all extremely upset still.

Go ahead and delete my post, I didn't do anything wrong.

Staying out of it but I agree with the bolded.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd say that's accurate at least to a certain extent. I mean, I kind of get it from Drouin's point of view but at the same time, at some point you have to be patient and let the GM make his move. I'm pretty sure it's not an easy trade to make but I also think that Bob McKenzie was right, that the maximum yield on this kind of trade was to happen 1 to 1.5 weeks after the request became public. We are beyond that at this point.

If the public trade request has been acknowledged by the GM and the team sends down the player to play in the AHL (as is their right) while the trade is being worked on, where the hell does this guy come off not reporting? I like the very convenient excuse that he and his agent have fabricated but to me it comes off as self-entitled and pompous. I think he'll be a very good player but there is certainly an attitude that comes with the package. Buyer beware indeed.

His entry level contract expires after next season, how much is he going to want and is it going to be 'market value' or self-inflated madness? Things to consider.

Staying out of it but I agree with the bolded.

I'm not sure how much I'd worry about his contract demands. This seems to be just as much about getting to play and prove himself, like his peers are doing, as it is about his financial position. Kid was playing extremely well to start the season, gets hurt, and after coming back is stuck playing on the 4th line/getting sent down to the AHL. So I get why he's frustrated; and think that if you trade for him + put him in a position to succeed, he won't be too much of an issue when it comes to sign his next contract...though I suspect he'll probably end up pushing for a bridge deal before he signs his long term contract.

I worry about how much of a headache Walsh can be, but I'm not sure how much the problem is "self-inflated madness" vs how much it's just a kid being bad at handling frustration and needing to mature as a person.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
On the topic of Drouin, do people really think that he's a worthwhile acquisition given what we've seen from his NHL career (and behaviour towards it) so far? I do not. Let alone what we'd have to shell out to pry him for Yzerman's cold grasp. I hope we stay far away from that scenario but the rumours about chemistry with MacKinnon won't go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
On the topic of Drouin, do people really think that he's a worthwhile acquisition given what we've seen from his NHL career (and behaviour towards it) so far? I do not. Let alone what we'd have to shell out to pry him for Yzerman's cold grasp. I hope we stay far away from that scenario but the rumours about chemistry with MacKinnon won't go away.

He played very well to start the season, and has produced at a very good rate despite having little ice time since returning from injury. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he would help our top 9 a lot. I don't want us to pay the price for him, but the kid has looked good whenever he's played and shown that he's still a massive talent.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
You can always tell when the team is doing relatively well on this board... old wounds open up so things can be complained about.

I think Drouin is a Duck at some point, but I think this move by Drouin just digs Yzerman's heels in the ground more. In a battle of the wills, not many are going to win against Yzerman.

I was wondering that. I don't know Yzerman, but I know a lot of coaches are very stubborn. I could see some saying, "Oh, you want to play that game? Well, let's see how quickly you get traded now!"

And since the other thread got close due to a new GDT (and the discussion probably belonged here in the first place) where we were discussing bringing in a new 3RD, I totally get what your saying. Holden wouldn't be ideal for a kid. It would be awesome if we could do that, but my big question is, who out there is:

1) As good or better than Holden
2) A better fit for a kid (I think they would prefer more of a vet)
3) Cheap (I would much rather upgrade the top6 (Comeau) than bottom pair, if possible)
4) Available for a decent price
And
5) A right shot

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
My offer for Drouin would still be a top 10 protected first + Bleackley or Siemens type prospect (Rant, Bigs and Zads would be off the table).

If forced just to finalize I could change to either top 5 protected or 2 prospects.

Anything more and I'd back out and see how the situation plays out further. May end up missing out, but that's how it goes some days.

I agree with you on our top 3 prospects, I'm not convinced it's worth it to give any of those guys up. All three guys could go on to have really good careers in the NHL, maybe even as good as Drouin's will likely be.

I would be up for a creative trade with the Lightning though :

To Tampa Bay:
2016 1st round pick (Top 10 protected)
2017 2nd round pick
Bleackley or Siemens or Wood
Brad Stuart - $3.6M (until 2017)
Nate Guenin - $800k

To Colorado:
Drouin, LW
Carle, LD - $5.5M (until 2018)

Avs buyout Carle in June - making his buyout $1.83M against the cap for the next 4 years.

Probably not good enough for Tampa to get it done though but that would be my maximum offer.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'll say this for thought: nothing comes across as more petty than removing someone's opinions from a discussion simply because you have the ability to.

based on skillset, yes.

the behavior... no.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Maybe Yzerman is waiting for Rantanen to get healthy

GiantFlail.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He had a problem with me so they are bringing it up to dig at me.

Y'all want to go there then let's not talk about how ROR owed the team anything by not being under contract, let's talk about how he scumbagged his teammates for not showing up for two months.

Did not even know about that.

AB emailed me before he left saying that things weren't like they were before and that a lot of the discussion that he enjoyed so much was not enjoyable anymore. He didn't go into specifics about anyone.

I was making reference to THAT and not anyone in particular, FYI.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
My absolute max offer for Drouin would be 2016 first (top 5 protected) + Bleackley/Siemens. I know this is not enough for TBL but that is the most I would offer. Rantanen, Bigras and Zads needs to remain off the table. I could maybe agree to trade Barrie instead but there would need to be another major piece coming from TBL along with Drouin and I don't think TBL has an other asset to make this happen. Maybe Koekkoek+?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I agree with you on our top 3 prospects, I'm not convinced it's worth it to give any of those guys up. All three guys could go on to have really good careers in the NHL, maybe even as good as Drouin's will likely be.

To Tampa Bay:
2017 2nd round pick
Nate Guenin - $800k

To Colorado:
Drouin, LW

Avs buyout Carle in June - making his buyout $1.83M against the cap for the next 4 years.

Probably not good enough for Tampa to get it done though but that would be my maximum offer.

I really don't like the idea of wasted money, even if it's just 1.8M. Especially with the uncertainty of the cap ceiling.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Did not even know about that.

AB emailed me before he left saying that things weren't like they were before and that a lot of the discussion that he enjoyed so much was not enjoyable anymore. He didn't go into specifics about anyone.

I was making reference to THAT and not anyone in particular, FYI.

Yeah, me too. Sorry TV but I don't care about personal squabbles on the Internet. I just know this place allowed for great discussion and we weren't dictated in terms of what we could or could no longer talk about. Seems there is a warning in every thread to not talk about something or some topic. There are fantastic Avalache fans who posted here long before some people learned what an offside was. They're gone because of the dictatorship. It's sad to see.

This is OT so it will be deleted, I'm sure. We can't talk about this.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
LOL case in point regarding opinions.

I was under the impression that Drouin wasn't playing all that great in the AHL, which didn't surprise me either. Call me old fashioned, but I do believe that stats matter - Drouin can be the most talented player on the planet and it matters not one iota if he can't add a measly 10 goals to your roster.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

To Tampa Bay:
2017 2nd round pick
Nate Guenin - $800k

To Colorado:
Drouin, LW

This is pretty creative, I could choke that down.

The scariest thought would be potentially not buying out Carle though lol.

Personally I'd only really care about the pick being top 5 protected, or top 3 really, in order to protect it against the lottery.

I don't believe we'll be #4 or #5, but we could still just miss the playoffs and end up with a lottery selection.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
LOL case in point regarding opinions.

I was under the impression that Drouin wasn't playing all that great in the AHL, which didn't surprise me either. Call me old fashioned, but I do believe that stats matter - Drouin can be the most talented player on the planet and it matters not one iota if he can't add a measly 10 goals to your roster.
Just a thought on this...maybe he was just not playing his game entirely because he was afraid of getting hurt. I'm not condoning it if that was the case but just saying it might have come in play in his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad