Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Moar grinders for Murray

Ironman will have a press conf in Tampa, I expect him to talk a lot without saying anything.

Sip of coffee, piercing eye glare, sip of coffee, something about structure and foundation, sip of coffee, angry stare, sip of coffee.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Exactly the team that has his rights has the final say. And ROR was refusing to play, he was holding out for an absurd amount of money and the the Flames signed him to an offer sheet and the Avs matched it. So the comparison of ROR and Drouin refusing to play isn't that absurd

Sorry, when did Ryan O'Reilly "refuse to play?"

He didn't have a contract to play under.

There's no rule saying a player has to accept whatever a team offers. There's no rule saying a player can't sign an offer sheet elsewhere. O'Reilly broke ZERO rules. Whenever he was contracted by the Colorado Avalanche, he gave 110% and was one of the best players on the team every single game.

Jonathan Drouin has a contract with an end date. He is breaking it. Ryan O'Reilly was under no contract with the Avalanche.

I seriously don't understand how people can say it's the same thing. Just say you don't like O'Reilly, he's a money grubbing SoB and all that jazz. Be butt hurt. It's all good. Just stop with the fabrications that he ever declined playing or reporting under contract. It never happened.

The Colorado Avalanche _never_ valued Ryan O'Reilly as much as 29 other teams in the NHL did. They were _never_ willing to pay him what other teams were willing to pay him. He did what he needed to do. Now, he's making $7.5m annually and is destined to be the highest earning 2nd round pick in the past 10 years. The Avs always viewed him as the 2nd round pick behind Duchene. Nobody else did. We made a trade, everybody is happy, now let's move on. No need to make up complete lies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sorry, when did Ryan O'Reilly "refuse to play?"

He didn't have a contract to play under.

There's no rule saying a player has to accept whatever a team offers. There's no rule saying a player can't sign an offer sheet elsewhere. O'Reilly broke ZERO rules. Whenever he was contracted by the Colorado Avalanche, he gave 110% and was one of the best players on the team every single game.

Jonathan Drouin has a contract with an end date. He is breaking it. Ryan O'Reilly was under no contract with the Avalanche.

I seriously don't understand how people can say it's the same thing. Just say you don't like O'Reilly, he's a money grubbing SoB and all that jazz. Be butt hurt. It's all good. Just stop with the fabrications that he ever declined playing or reporting under contract. It never happened.

The Colorado Avalanche _never_ valued Ryan O'Reilly as much as 29 other teams in the NHL did. They were _never_ willing to pay him what other teams were willing to pay him. He did what he needed to do. Now, he's making $7.5m annually and is destined to be the highest earning 2nd round pick in the past 10 years. The Avs always viewed him as the 2nd round pick behind Duchene. Nobody else did. We made a trade, everybody is happy, now let's move on. No need to make up complete lies.

Ok fair point. But at the same time TBL and Drouin apparently had an agreement saying that after his conditioning stint he wouldn't play in the AHL but he would practice with the team so he wouldn't get hurt and have him unable to be traded. He was with the scratched players( during the game) on his team and it seems like TBL is overreacting but, I don't know the whole story

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ok fair point. But at the same time TBL and Drouin apparently had an agreement saying that after his conditioning stint he wouldn't play in the AHL but he would practice with the team so he wouldn't get hurt and have him unable to be traded. He was with the scratched players( during the game) on his team and it seems like TBL is overreacting but, I don't know the whole story

yzerman said that was the case before the public trade request which changed how they went on with this. don't know if they informed drouin and his camp though. yzerman also denied that he told walsh and drouin that the deal was close.. not sure what the truth is there but i don't understand why he would tell them that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
yzerman said that was the case before the public trade request which changed how they went on with this. don't know if they informed drouin and his camp though. yzerman also denied that he told walsh and drouin that the deal was close.. not sure what the truth is there but i don't understand why he would tell them that.

This has become a huge ****show for TBL. Seems like there is no communication between the Drouin camp and Yzerman, and this whole debacle will probably lower his trade value which is going to thrill Stevie Y lol

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Any restricted free agent is free to sign with any team he wants, the difference is that the team that holds the players right has the option to still keep the player by matching the offer.

Comparing ROR to Drouin, a guy that is refusing to play, is just absurd.

Yeah, totally different situations. RoR was not under contract. Drouin is.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Exactly the team that has his rights has the final say. And ROR was refusing to play, he was holding out for an absurd amount of money and the the Flames signed him to an offer sheet and the Avs matched it. So the comparison of ROR and Drouin refusing to play isn't that absurd

Holding someone rights and being under contract are totally different.

And he wasn't holding out for more money. He was holding out for a fair long term deal.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

Is this known fact? Because if it's speculation, I'm not sure what the point of it is. I feel like everyone involved was very well aware of the quality of his play, not sure why his draft status would even be discussed.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Guys

The ROR talk stops, and it stops now. TV had said it would stop in this thread, and it has went on, for far too long. I'll just start threadbanning, if that's what you guys want.

End it. Now.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 13m13 minutes ago
Here we go again. Another big trade being worked on. Not Tampa related. More to come.

Likely involves Nashville again. Poile has been more active than any other GM according to several reports, wants big splashes too.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Well so much for a non-ROR thread....

Must admit the Ducks reaction to Ryan Garbutt has been more then funny. Wonder if it's close to the same reaction when the Avs picked up Brad May.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm pretty sure it was for more money because he signed a two year deal.

Only because he wasn't getting a fair long term deal. Of course he would sign the 2 year deal instead, and the offer sheet that was much higher than what the Avs originally offered on their bridge deal.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Ducks have a "former players" thread.

I wonder if it would be to our benefit to have one of those as well, or will the thread become too big of a ********* by itself?

I don't think we need to re-hash our old players anymore. There really is nothing constructive to say, about ROR in particular, other than talking about his rocky past with the club. I think we've done that enough. I'd be happy if we never saw his name spoken around here after this.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The Ducks have a "former players" thread.

I wonder if it would be to our benefit to have one of those as well, or will the thread become too big of a fecesstorm by itself?

I like this idea, we'll need a place to discuss Guenin's next steps in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's what I get for trying to look up stuff for someone this early, if I'd seen this thread :shakehead: Don't bother posting anything further, it will be deleted.

Will keep the former player thread in mind, right now I don't think we need it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I miss ABasin. Might have been onto something.

If people aren't insulting each other and speaking cordially, what exactly is the problem? People are ******** about how O'Reilly flogged us so he can't be discussed here at all? We had to close the trade thread and anywhere his name is even brought up. Embarrassing. We could make threads to mock Greg Zanon after buying him out, a Tyler Arnason tribute thread, etc. but talk about an actual hell of a hockey player? Christ, need to censor that because he made the Avs look bad and we are all extremely upset still.

Go ahead and delete my post, I didn't do anything wrong.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Does anyone have anything new to say? This thread isn't even about him, right now the convo is about Drouin but folks want to get into a pissing match about if ROR was an ******* over his contract or not. I don't find that relevant or productive. The trade thread isn't closed, go ahead and bring it back up if it floats your boat and talk about it there. It's nice that a few people still have fun talking about it, most don't. It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about it, I can easily skip over garbage, it's about creating the best environment for the majority and most people around here have expressed the desire to move on from discussing it. Some people can't help themselves and it turns ugly fast. If y'all have a problem with that I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad